Charlie.
i agree completely with your post.
i think what sbmix is possibly missing is modern music is all about useing the right plug in instrument sounds.
and samples etc.
the other day i was mucking around with some urban and funk styles, ....but then plugging in plug ins with modern sounds in.
i keep on suggesting the computer music mag (pipeline
i think the download non paper version is 5 buks.)
BECAUSE it includes a bunch of free synths like dune and zebra and sample players you can play modern
samples with.

sbmix.
before you post anymore that biab isnt modern sounding PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING.
1. like i just did this week, go through and AUDITION IN DETAIL every single pg music style and demo. there are thousands. and save the styles you like.
in the process write down the instrument real trak
id's you like for modern sounding productions, and patches and real drums. as you come acrtoss them.
2. only after haveing done the above THEN tell me you dont hear any sound pictures you can use in modern songs.
crikey, just tother day i came across some sounds that sounded like they could be used in modern songs.
3. with your shortlist of styles saved, and i'm sure youll have at least 40. now plug in free vsti synths and sample players with modern sounds from the net or from computer music mag i mentioned. (you tube has demos of various cm mag plug ins.)

in summary sbmix from the songs you have given examples of i sincerely believe its only a question of HOW YOUR USEING BIAB....as well as your choice of plug ins.
tell me out of the tons of real trak examples you dont hear any sounds that cant be sliced/diced/used in modern songs.

best to you/happiness.
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/10/21 04:21 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)