<< Is it intended for song creation wholly within BIAB or would there be an application for it when working in a non-PG DAW? If so, it would be handy if PG posted a How To video for this function. >>

RT 1152: Silence as best I know is intended for use wholly within BIAB. Every DAW has a function to create blank areas on a track. It's value is to give instructions to the BIAB algorithm is my best guess. It is a better option for use to mute an instrument in a song than using Bar Settings Mute. I think it's also useful as a place marker when multiple styles are used on a chord chart. For instance, in Style 1 the piano Legacy Track has a RealTrack Piano. When the Chord Chart changes to Style 2, on the Piano Legacy Track, no instrument is desired to play during Style 2. Placing Rt 11152 on the piano Legacy Track in Style 2 causes the BIAB algorithm to view Silence as a RealTrack instrument and it replaces the Style 1 RealTrack with the Style 2 RealTrack but plays silence. Using Bar Settings Mute in such situations sometimes results in audio being clipped off abruptly or the audio phrase not coming to a clean ending and continuing to play beyond the bar. Following the bars to be muted, the user is left with the audio selected by BIAB without consideration of the muted area so in some situations, the incoming intro isn't correct and has to be regenerated until proper audio phrasing is randomly selected.

Not using RT 1152, the user has to manually use the Bar Settings Mute to stop the Style 1 piano from continuing to play in Style 2. I believe it affects both the specific chord selection and the actual RealTrack audio selected so as to provide programmed smooth transition material together with the cross fade for a commercial quality level transition that the user would otherwise have to utilize multiple tracks of material to manually edit the transition. Using RT 1152: Silence will automate this repetition and tedious task giving a more complex arrangement on the front end rather than toward the end of the editing in the DAW.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.