as the starter of this thread, please allow me the following comments....hopefully noone will jump all over me...lol..cos i prefer friendly debate and banter.

1. if people have gripes , then i'm glad i started this
thread.
lets get them out in the open. then hopefully they will be addressed by the developers/coders.
i only want the rb product to improve and remain a viable leading daw. i DO think we should give kudos to pg as to the fact they allow such open debate and gripes on these forums. this is one aspect of the company that has always impressed me.
2. as ive stated before my combo for doing songs is biab//realband(rb) and reaps from reaper.fm.
if you notice going back years on the reaper forums...
various posts saying things like 'sssh dont tell anyone
the secret song creation weapon of useing reaps with pg products'....and other comments in this vein.
ie the 3 together is a mighty powerfull daw //song creation solution. each one with its plusses and minusses. that is not to say that other daws arent great these days. frankly they are all good i feel.
i just like the reaps//bb//rb combo cos for my needs
the combo fits the bill.
3. lets talk quirks for a moment. yes rb has quirks,...
but so does lots of software. full disclosure like some other pg users , in my time ive worked on some pretty hefty IT projects. so i know first hand the pain devs go through bringing advanced software products to market.
particularly given the quirks of OS's and underlying hardware architectures. thus i ask myself ...would my creative life be worse if rb wasnt in it ? thats the bottom line for me. and my answer is YES my creativity
would be negatively impacted if i didnt use rb , quirks and all. as to crashes. i'm a back up nut. i back up and save every 10 mins or so. i havent experienced the hourly
problem. as to sluggishness ....sometime find a mate with
an i9 or threadripper or even a older xeon refurb desktop stuffed with 32 gigs ram, and fast ssd's. thats been uptimised for daw work..then run the bb//rb//reaper
combo with a great low latency usb sound interface.
( in the rb forum is a list of interfaces users like.)
for daw work these days i recommend a processor with at least a 10,000 rateing. particularly if running a fancy daw includeing useing high cpu useage plug ins.

anyhoo..those are my comments. let me say i consider rharv as the guru on rb.
i would be interested if he might comment if rb is sluggish on his amd ryzen system.

peace out.
AND HAPPINESS TO ALL USERS IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT YOU USE.
i like rb (and reaps and biab.)

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/31/21 03:01 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)