Hi Gary. First, welcome back old friend.

And to anyone else reading, Gary is as qualified as it gets for a user to be diagnosing a problem, better than most of us especially at MIDI.

I read through the thread and have a couple of questions or comments.

First, I believe you said you have BIAB 2021 on the laptop, but what version do you have on the desktop? What build, and of course is it up to date?

You said this: I believe that I'm going to need to fully and completely remove any instance of BIAB on my computer, which means doing a clean of the registry, something I'm not happy about doing because I don't know where all of the registry entries may be.

BIAB does write a few things to the registry, but the last time I looked, they weren't consequential or numerous. They related primarily to two things: fonts, and the last ten files loaded. I would not think that this is the place to spend much time.

Your statement that really bothers me is this one:

you can see that the song doesn't start until all four instrument tracks have been generated, but it STILL gets one or two bars into the song and it starts to generate the tracks again.

I have no explanation for that. It shouldn't happen, and it would seem to explain the stuttering. It's not something I recall ever being reported here, so I think you are going to have to talk with Support. Since you already did a new installation, I'm assuming Return to Factory Settings won't help, but if it were me, I'd try it anyway.

Keep us informed!

Matt

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors