Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran

There's a disconnect that no one except I has addressed. What you showed does not convert video to mp3 because, as I stated correctly, it cannot be done. Telling us that you are doing it doesn't change this.

Mike, I'm baffled as to why you can't comprehend this. Consider these 3 quotes.
Features of RealPlayer include a video download utility, a web browser, visualizations (graphical animations or "light shows" that appear on the screen when playing music), equalizer and video controls (including Crossfade and Gapless playback in RealPlayer Plus), recording audio, CD ripping, and a media converter which allows converting files to a variety of common audio and video formats. Source: Wikipedia
But I don't need Wikipedia to tell me this, I have megabytes of audio on my hard drive all of it converted from video to audio by RealPlayer.

Yes, RealPlayer can convert videos to audio. You can convert your downloaded videos to .mp3 files which will put these songs in the music view of your RealPlayer Library. From there you can create a playlist or burn a CD. You can convert immediately after download or in RealPlayer Library. In the RealPlayer Library, right-click on the video you want to convert. Select Edit > Convert. Click the field under “Convert to…”. Under Audio Formats, select MP3. Click OK. Source: AI assistant
But I don't need an AI bot to tell me this is possible, I've been successfully using RealPlayer to convert video to audio for years.

How can I take the music from a video and make an .mp3 file?
Converting your downloaded videos to .mp3 files will put these songs in the music view of your RealPlayer Library. From there you can create a playlist or burn a CD.
Convert immediately after download:
In the RealDownloader window, move the mouse over a downloaded video in the list.
Click Convert to MP3.
Source: https://customer.real.com/hc/en-us/articles/204295208-Convert-music-videos-to-audio-tracks
But I don't need the RealPlayer support page to tell me this is possible. I'm an expert at it. Btw, most anyone can be an expert in doing this, it's cake-walk easy.

There are many apps that will compress this file to mp3. You want VBR (variable bit rate) these days. Now strip the audio from that compressed video and substitute your new mp3. See if the result is not more to your liking.
My method using RealPlayer is already to my liking. In fact, RealPlayer is so good at it that it will even convert unwanted gremlins in the base video.

I am not up on the free and cheapware for Windows. A commercial app with telephone support that does everything you need is Adobe Premiere Elements. This link is to the Adobe site and you can download a 30 day evaluation. There are resellers who offer better pricing with or without Photoshop Elements bundle – if you can get EDU pricing, so much the better.
You may not be up to "free and cheapware for Windows", and more power to you. However I am up for a selected few freeware programs for Windows. RealPlayer is one of them.

For three years during the pandemic, I averaged 2–5 videos a week for my church clients and every one had the audio processed separately. There are no subscriptions — use the permanent license till it just doesn't do the job anymore then buy the latest version. I used Premiere Elements 2018 till a few months ago when I updated to 2023.
Not interested in Adobe Premiere Elements (at this time). RealPlayer meets all of my video to audio conversion needs. And it has met these needs for years.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.