Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Originally Posted By: Byron Dickens

It doesn't matter what the marketing department or whoever at Real Player says. You can't convert video to audio. They are wrong and misleading.

OK, might I ask what your credentials are to make such a claim?

Were you or are you a member of the RealPlayer development team? If so, supply evidence.

Have you ever written software to process video and audio? If so, supply evidence.

On what basis do you claim a video file cannot be converted into an audio file? Supply evidence.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I've given you my evidence from no less than 3 reputable sources.

The extraordinary claim is the one that video can be "converted" to audio.

Your "evidence" is regurgitated ad copy. None come from sources that would pass muster even at the Junior high school level for a paper. At least not when I was in school.

I dare you to take a college class and cite website marketing drivel and Wikipedia as your sources.

I'll bet the development team rolled their eyes at such nonsense and resisted.The marketing guys should have known better and very likely did, but felt they had to dumb it down for a scientifically ignorant and only quasi literate public that has little interest in such niceties as using language accurately.

In these fights, the marketing department always wins.

Frankly, I don't know why you have to go all monkey brain on this rather than just accept that what you are really doing is extracting the audio from a video file.

A video file (such as.mp4) is a container that holds two different streams of data: video and audio. (There can be other data such as subtitles). The two data streams are separate; the container is what synchronizes them.

Last edited by Byron Dickens; 08/17/23 12:55 PM.

Byron Dickens

BIAB. CbB. Mixbus 32C 8 HP Envy. Intel core i7. 16GB RAM W10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20. Various instruments played with varying degrees of proficiency.

https://soundcloud.com/athanorsoundlabs