Originally Posted by MusicStudent
First issue I saw and heard was the tempo is way too fast for the streaching algorithim. That is why the entire band of RTs (tempo ~130) sound like crap when played at tempo - 205. Or is that the way you bluegrass guys like it? grin

Second was the Melody Track (which you call Guitar 2) was apparently set up incorrectly in the Melodist. Look in the Melodist menu. You have the melodist tempo at 85 with the song tempo at 205. When I put that tempo to match the song, the melody started playing at Bar 1 instead of bar 33.

Does that help?

I'm not too concerned about how it sounds. I just need a backing track to practice to. And 130 is way too slow.

I don't want the melody to play at bar 1. I want it to play where I typed it in - bars 33-64. I play the melody for the first 32 bars, then I play the rhythm along with the melody on the next 32. And this works just fine. The problem is, when it repeats, the second time through it reverses it and puts the melody on bars 1-32 instead of 33-64.

Anyway, I can't find where you say the melodist tempo is 85. If I click on Guitar2 and then Track Settings, there is no tempo setting there. Where do you see this? Also where do you see 130 for the RT? If that's true, they don't understand bluegrass. These songs are played like 180 to 220. I don't understand why they would make a real track at 130 and label it "Fast Bluegrass".

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Untitled.jpg (85.17 KB, 39 downloads)