Originally Posted by DC Ron
DrDan, well, in prior years you would be correct. But since I want to CHANGE my workflow (which is currently the one you suggest) so that I do MORE in BiaB and LESS in my DAW, THEN...I'd like to try it with an existing song. Frankly, the new features in BiaB are exciting enough to make me want to try a different workflow, and it's been a long, LONG time since that's happened...

So I'll gladly engage the joke responses to get there.

My dunce cap is still at the ready, but not because I shouldn't be exploring a new workflow...

Ha!(?)
Hi Ron,

Since BIAB began allowing for the partial regeneration of Realtracks, I also import the vocal into BIAB and use partial regeneration to create better realtracks that sit more comfortably with the vocal line. It's brilliant. In the past, I used to do a heap of work in the DAW. Now, I just send a rough instrumental track to the DAW so that I can prepare the vocals. Then, when I have the vocals sitting reasonably well, I put them into BIAB and refine things there. Then I send the final tracks to the DAW for polishing. It's a much quicker workflow to do it this way.

When you import the vocal into your DAW, you may need to time shift since BIAB has two count in bars. I have Reaper set so that it has two blank bars and matches BIAB. When you come to the menu that gives you the import locations, click on "Reset to zero" so that the audio is imported to bar 1.

Regards,
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024