L2L.

i hate to be beaten by this stuff...lol.

Ok given your answers and all the ideas presented in this thread...and bear with me...but heres further thinking...

1..maybe pg can comment if 2024 is consuming more
pc resources than preceeding years.
if true then possibly other tasks on the pc in total with bb are leading to a resource issue and impacting bb ? check in task mgr eg is net running also ? if so try without the net.

2..now i know what your going to say which is an enigma...ie...BUT...fp works on bb 2024 !
and thats an excellent point....given your point that maybe cas is throwing out more data than fp maybe this in combo
with the larger resource useage bb2024 in total is causeing this odd stop situation. ive seen lots of weird things over the years.
it would be interesting to investigate how much data per sec is transmitted by cas over midi versus the fp.
and get actual figures.
in summary it might be just a pc resource issue.
ie bb 2024 plus cas consumes more resources than bb2024 plus fp.. but i might be out to lunch on this.
out of interest check out size of 2014 bb exe versus 2024 bb exe. ...there might be a clue there. ram useage ?

3..its totally unrelated but interestingly yonks ago i helped someone with a cas...he ended up getting another kbd.

heres a final thing thats bugging me...some people might say 'its gotta be a codeing bug in bb'...but if true why does fp work with 2024 ?

im gonna get a cuppa tea and do more thinking...lol.

best.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 01/27/24 11:04 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)