And NOW, the moment I've all (of me) been waiting for!

Around midwinter having accrued some new BiaB Chinese instrument samples I began working on this "Quan Yin" composition on 25th December and I finished it on 1st January, making it my first new piece for 2024. On 2nd January I began creating a new CGI Quan Yin character for the planned video as I hoped to use 8-12 new scenes, but ended up creating 30 - though only 24 are used - and I finally completed it in the early hours of the 25th. My new Quan Yin character is a young version of the compassionate Chinese goddess who's most often portrayed as an adult as while I'm able to morph my CG characters down in age, all the way in subtle stages to toddlers, the only assets I have for ageing them, which don't work in the same way, result in more of a crone. In one video scene Quan Yin is joined by her Mongolian parallel, Senjidema, and in another scene by Shakti, her Indian counterpart.

I ask the potential listener and viewer to first listen to the music without watching the video ~ ie: on SoundCloud ~ just for the music's sake as I've often found that the visuals distract from the full vibe, or if already viewed before reading this, please listen a 2nd time without any distractions. It's a big ask as this homage to Quan Yin is 6:44 in length, but it's worth listening to without distractions.

YT Link:

SoundCloud Link
https://soundcloud.com/chay-tana/quan-yin-chay-tana-aka-wao-band?si=4e790ce3db8c4061ab51347384dafced&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Guzheng: Snow Gentle World Flow ~ Dai Lin Hsieh
Dizi: Silk Smooth World Groove ~ Charlie Lui
Enya Warm Pad & Strings
Piano: Snow Gentle World Flow ~ Miles Black
Erhu: Avatar Relaxed Groove ~ Yun Song
Acoustic Bass 1: Avatar Relaxed Groove ~ Byron House
Drums 1: Snow Gentle World Flow ~ Jeff Lorber
Viola: Viola & Violin Ballad ~ Avery Bright
Electric Bass 2: Tin Whistle Light Folk Pop ~ Tobin Frank
Organ: Country Rock Guitar Solo Pop Ba ~ Gene Rabbai
*3 x Pixabay SFX: see below
Drums 2: Tin Whistle Light Folk Pop ~ Brian Fullen
Tin Whistle: Tin Whistle Light Folk Pop ~ Geoffrey Kelly

*Natural Thunder - SoundForYou
*Light Rain Ambient - Mikhail
*Evening Birds Singing In Spring - Background Sound Of Nature

184 bars; 4/4, G; tempo 105; Time 6:44

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.