Hi again, Thunderthud.

I've been playing around a bit with taking songs created in RB into BIAB, and I see what you mean. Like Bob, I've always gone from BIAB to RB to my DAW and I've never used the RB to BIAB path until now.

When I generated a MIDI Supertrack on one of the non-BIAB tracks in RB, saved the file and then opened the file in BIAB, the MIDI notes were there, but the patch was a default synth sound (in my case it was brass). The information about the track being a Supertrack was not present. Also, when I generated RTs on some higher-number RB tracks, saved the file as SGU/MGU and opened the file in BIAB, the RTs were imported as audio and the information that they were RTs was lost.

While there is compatibility in creating an MGU/SGU in RB and taking it into BIAB, the BIAB-specific track information looks like it is still only present on the first 8 tracks of RB. The remaining RB tracks seem to be treated as DAW tracks. I'll pass this information on to the development team, and reference this thread, just in case there is something obvious that I've overlooked. My discoveries seem to be similar to yours.

Regards,
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024