A lot of people don't understand that planning your succession doesn't mean you are eager to get there... I don't mean YOU necessarily, but a lot of people.

My best female friend (and executor) has helped me with all this planning. She aimed me to a place to handle the organ donation (NOT a pun!) and cremation, made me aware of the NOX Box that was mentioned in another post, and her financial wizard husband has been a great sounding board as I bounced financial ideas off him.

My best male friend, who helps me with things I can't really do as my body goes through normal changes that limit me (i.e. not being able to step up onto a stool to change a light bulb due to vertigo, not having the legs anymore to mow my yard) stands to benefit from this as a means of thanking him for all he does for me. My dog knows him well because he comes over so often and just totally loves him. He is designated to take custody of whatever dog I have when I die. And to make sure the dog doesn't have to move to what I think would be a bad move for him, I added that codicil to my will that he be offered my house at mortgage balance rather than market value so he can buy it with a small VA loan. He also gets my car so the dog can still go to the park in his familiar car. But the instruments are different. They can be turned into cash now to help eat into that mortgage rather than be sold by the estate after the fact for probably way less than what I know I can get for them now. Without sharing his details, his living situation is not optimal right now for a older man.

Life is a series of changes. Selling those 2 oldest keyboards will make what comes next much easier. I mean, I honestly NEVER play anymore. The last gig I did, and take that word "last" literally, was Nov 2020. I'll keep the Kurzweil here in my office so if I hear something and want to figure out the chords I have that board right behind me, but eventually the Nord, The Roland and the Korg will all go too. Only the Kurzweil module of the 6 modular synths remains. Music has just become last on my priority list. I started in 1956. Enough already.

Anybody want to see the guitar list? PM me. LOL!!

Last edited by eddie1261; 03/19/24 05:16 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.