My workflow is a tad different. Currently, I want to get the Chord Chart out of SMP and into EZKeys2. EZKeys2 does not input xml. While it can work directly with an audio file, I don't like the chords I am getting from that path.

1) Run SMP on song mp3
2) Opps I see the mp3 is in Key F#, I want it in F. No problem SMP can transpose all the chords. Good
3) Save chord chart as xml. Good
5) Open xml in MuseScore. Good, but wait. The MuseScore chart is in Key of F#. Apparently the key change in SMP did not effect the xml output
6) Change the key in MuseScore to F. Good, but wait while the key change works the chords DO NOT CHANGE. They remain in F#. Bad, must mean the chord names are only "labels"? OK, I will adjust this later in the workflow.
7) Export Song as midi file.
8) Drag and drop midi file into EZKeys2
9 Well now we have a real mess. EZKeys lists the F# chords but can not transscrbe to F!
Here is where I started to spin. Repeated over and over, with slight differences. No Joy. I could not get the proper chords into EZKeys.

Now I could tell a similar tale of woe working with BIAB instead of Musescore in this workflow. But others have already identified issues with importing xml into BIAB.

Thanks for asking.

Dan

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper