Guitars, around for about 10 seconds on the scale of instruments.

Saying the guitar is the band and the band is music and music is the guitar is faulty logic.

The Lute is here to stay. The flute? The what? Bagpipes, ah. Button accordion? Wait I can sing and play an accordion. Want a little one or a big one? It has no amp so it's not a device. And you can only have 6 notes at once on a guitar, a WAY freaking better band waits in a properly played accordion.

What we have here is a failure to understand music appreciation, and think in any kind of historic and global sense.

And being obnoxious about your thoughts of 'horn's' and calling them something to throw rocks at is the height of musical ethnocentricity. Maybe in your shack, but the one guy and his guitar and then calling it the penultimate is beyond weird. A good trio beats a guitar player and his voice hands down in my world.

Heck my family was so religious that guitars were BANNED when I was less than 15. And my parents church would NEVER have tolerated one, until a few years ago when they saw the light. The unplugged type at first. Now they've just fallen into total sin. They even allow bass guitars.

There is no point to this, except you want to feel you, and your instrument are #1. Well go play in a dark corner and sing, and as long as the rest of the educated world does not have to buy it, be delusional. Wow you can pick ban political arguments, tell me I can't disparage bluegrass, ban religious arguments, and move right on a start another. Next thing and anyone who wears a belt and not suspenders is a moron.

Sounds like a band. To who? Just remember you are the cultural minority. To someone in the rainforest, what's a band? To someone from Siberia? Take Japan 40 years ago. They have some instruments I bet you've never seen. Guitar? India had some bang on stringed instruments, and still do. Great playing. Not on your scale though.

Face it the guitar, as you know it, is a modern instrument, been around for only a few years. I have to think about American history, but even when it comes to wax cylinder recordings, I can't really think of any guitar history.

I think when you said guitar when you posted you meant the harp. Or the lute. Even then it's not a band. Band isn't a word you can use, because it means something different to different cultures. I play in a brass band, but you say it's not a band. Odd, the guy who runs it teaches music appreciation at the local university.

Of course he wouldn't know a band if he tripped over it. Cause the guitar is a band and a band makes music and music is the guitar and guitars and a voice are a band. Wow.

I don't care for your definition, in case you didn't notice.

Oh and THE Band, well that's mostly a few local boys from around here did some music. Mostly yer 'lectric stuff.

John Conley
Musica est vita