Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Tutorial for Roland Sound Canvas Matt Finley 4 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by OlvaJownDay
I'm a bit confused, and if you guys can break it down for me, I'd appreciate it. I'm just looking at buying a stage piano for now, and the Roland just seems like a pretty optimal option. I also read the article here https://faqaudio.com/ on the RD-08. It weighs quite a bit, only 29 feet, but has a very wide range of features and is suitable for musicians on a tight budget. Would everything you are talking about work for the RD-08? My plans are to make music, so I don't want to buy something that won't connect to anything.
Welcome to the forum. I recommend you start a new post and use the Roland RD-08 in the post title.
Replies 6 Views 173 Read More
Re: BLACK HORSE rsdean 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David, Thanks. Much appreciated. Bob
Replies 4 Views 73 Read More
AMERICAN MADE_David Snyder David Snyder 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
So, since I am a really patriotic guy, but don’t find much to be patriotic about these days, I decided to write a song about my lovely patriotic wife, who represents the best of America to me, in too many ways to count. I am a southern boy who ran off to New York City for a long time in his youth, but she is from Jersey. It is a beautiful thing. Jersey girls are the best. Just ask Tom Waits. Anyway, in our house we stand for many American values. We also stand for parallel mastering. On this song, I tried a new trick I learned on YouTube that is based on a technique utilized by the famous engineer Andrew Scheps. What you do is, you create a secondary master buss where you additionally send all of the instrumental tracks except for the drums (which have their own buss), and then you add additional magic to that Secondary Master Buss (aka Rear Buss) that you place side by side with the master master buss. It just so happens that I have the Andrew Scheps Omni Channel plugin which I put on the secondary master bus. Hope you enjoy this. AMERICAN MADE By David Snyder https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs4/american-made V1 She says she’s from Jersey And that’s ok by me Cause she listens to Springsteen And she was born to be free And she’s friendly with Jesus And she’s friendly with me And she looks like a woman In the sun or the shade And whatever I owe her She’s says she’s already paid CH And she’s American made Sexy and strong And she’s American made So I wrote her song Sings like an angel, and her love never fades I thank God that she found me What else can I say She’s American made V2 So I drove her to Pittsburgh To see McCartney play And she said that she loved me When he sang Yesterday And she’s a Rock ‘n Roll Mystery She’s a Rock ‘n Roll song And when I feel her kiss me That’s where I belong CH And she’s American made Sexy and strong And she’s American made So I wrote her song Sings like an angel, and her love never fades I thank God that she found me What else can I say She’s American made V3 So I’m not watching TV Until I’ve cast my vote Cause all of those people They’ll just be cutting my throat I’d rather be with my sweet girl By some mountain steam Because inside of her heart She’s my American Dream CH And she’s American made Sexy and strong And she’s American made So I wrote her song Sings like an angel, and her love never fades I thank God that she found me What else can I say She’s American made All Music and Lyrics copyright 2024 by David Snyder ASCAP/Day of Faith Records David Snyder: Vocals, Acoustic and Electric 6-string and 12-string guitars, Lead Guitar, additional instrumentation, production, engineering, mixing and mastering Dedicated to the lovely and epic Gayle Snyder, best wife, singer, musician, co-writer, best friend, maker of feasts and super awesome party planner and adventurous travel buddy ever. She’s American Made if anyone ever was. And yes, she loves Jesus and America, too. 635 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RootsRockDirty E.WAV RT3587 Bass, Electric, NashvilleRadioPopPushAB Ev 110.WAV RealDrums-ElecClapSnare[single]^1-beats2&4.WAV RealDrums-NashvilleEven16^1-SideStick,Ride.WAV
Replies 4 Views 28 Read More
Re: Ghost Town Matt Finley 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You're right, of course. I'm wondering, what with lots of FAQs out there, where this set of system requirements came from? It would be worth sending a suggestion to PG Music to update it. In particular, I think the change this year that loads and regenerates RealTracks so much faster must be taking more computer processing power. Only if BIAB had remained MIDI-only would those specs have a fighting chance. "Turn off Fast Generation" and the like can send someone down an unproductive journey with an underpowered computer.
Replies 7 Views 194 Read More
Re: What utility do you use to read/change MIDI files? Matt Finley 5 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks, Bob. Is that still even available, if I decide to go that route? I haven't had time to experiment further yet.
Replies 23 Views 632 Read More
Re: Scaler 2.0 Update Available DrDan 5 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by shlind
Were do I find the free addon to use Scaler2 as a standalone?
Really works well and is easy to setup. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] https://www.tone2.com/nanohost.html
Replies 159 Views 81,949 Read More
Re: She's Cancer Free chulaivet1966 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Howdy Ronnie.... That's very good news to hear. I'm very familiar with all that you've been going through. My wife had her big bout of it too back in the mid nineties and luckily became "cancer free". Best to you both..
Replies 6 Views 95 Read More
Re: Another for the wall: Time Waits For No One chulaivet1966 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good morning Marty.... I thought it had a good 'drive' of that salsa style too which is not a term I would generally associate with the genre. I will be perusing more of that genre for the next endeavor providing I don't free fall into another 'slump'. smile Thanks very much for checking it our ant the generous comments. Howdy Blue.... I liked that style too which not one that I've employed in the past. This BIAB program is a very cool tool for us song writers and I'd have several songs in my "unfinished" folder without it. Thanks very much for taking the time to give a listen and kind comments. Have a great everyone!
Replies 11 Views 195 Read More
Re: Lost At Love MarioD 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Mario, man, that sax sounds amazing! Just dripping with emotion, great tone. One of your best instrumentals I think, well done.
Thanx Dave, I appreciate your very kind review.
Replies 25 Views 268 Read More
Re: Tutorial for Roland Sound Canvas OlvaJownDay 5 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I'm a bit confused, and if you guys can break it down for me, I'd appreciate it. I'm just looking at buying a stage piano for now, and the Roland just seems like a pretty optimal option. I also read the article here https://faqaudio.com/ on the RD-08. It weighs quite a bit, only 29 feet, but has a very wide range of features and is suitable for musicians on a tight budget. Would everything you are talking about work for the RD-08? My plans are to make music, so I don't want to buy something that won't connect to anything.
Replies 6 Views 173 Read More
Re: Scaler 2.0 Update Available shlind 5 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Were do I find the free addon to use Scaler2 as a standalone?
Re: She's Cancer Free Al-David 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
That's great news, Ronnie! Our best wishes and prayers are with both of you. Alan & Di
Re: Scaler 2.0 Update Available DrDan 7 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I don't disagree with you guys. Scaler can be perceived as odd and therefore not for everyone. But I would say that what it does, is truely unique. And at $39 it can be entertaining, educational and a great value for the buck. I actually spend more time in the standalone version (which is only coming in Scaler 3, but there is a free addon which works well now). So no need to even open the DAW. And by the way I have never read the manual. There is nothing better to experiment with chord progessions, chord voicings, scales, modes, modulations, key changes, and piano patterns not to mention a wide selection of sounds. Pure ear candy to provide inspiration. I am not trying to change anyones mind here. Just enjoying the conversation and trying to add a perspective. Carry on. Oh and by the way, I do enjoy the videos... grin
Re: Real Time Arranging AudioTrack 7 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 4 Views 3,117 Read More
Re: Creep AudioTrack 7 hours ago Forum: I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A brilliant arrangement, a brilliant vocal (and the effort you obviously put in to make it sound so extraordinarily good) Tops!
Replies 4 Views 124 Read More
Re: She's Cancer Free David Snyder 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Really glad to hear that Ronnie!!
She's Cancer Free Ronnie Fields 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is not a song YET, but I wanted to share with everyone, my wife got her results from the doctor on Wednesday, and she is Cancer Free. Thank you for all the prayers, it just goes to prove, God is still in the healing business!!
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder David Snyder 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes Floyd, Good Old Morgan is one prolific songwriter indeed. I have no idea why you brought his name up in the context of the song but okay. Anyway, if he WERE the subject of the song, I can only say that all is fair in war and country music. If you do something really stupid and I'm trying to find material for a song, then you're going to end up being collateral damage in another crazy David Snyder song and that's all there is to it. I will not confess to the people who are actually on my Spotify playlist because I don't want to show my hand and give myself away, but it could be that I have actually listened to and studied the outpourings of someone who could put out 36 songs on their latest album. What I'm saying is, there's a slight chance that I might have already listened to those said epic albums to pick up some mixing tips and some lyric tips because you just never know!!!! 🙂
Replies 25 Views 298 Read More
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder David Snyder 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you Hans! The old David never left! He just has a severe case of multiple personality disorder in case you haven't noticed!! Some people drink themselves into a stupor and get arrested by the police, and other people just talk to their imaginary friends and go more quietly! 🙂 But seriously thank you for the kind words and I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
Re: What utility do you use to read/change MIDI files? Notes Norton 7 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I use Master Tracks Pro (abandoned ware). Why? 1) Without audio, the interface is clean and quick. No menus with sub and sub-sub menus to open. Every dialog is available with a hover and click. 2) Very good global editing features. If PTPro adopted the editing features of MTPro, I'd use it instead. Notes ♫
Replies 23 Views 632 Read More
Re: Lost At Love BlueAttitude 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario, man, that sax sounds amazing! Just dripping with emotion, great tone. One of your best instrumentals I think, well done.
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder BlueAttitude 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David, you are a songwriting machine I think! Excellent, enjoyed very much.
Re: Lost At Love MarioD 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by camog
Hi Mario - the whole mood of this track reflects the crushing feeling when you're rejected and shoved to one side (had a life-time of that myself)! You projected the 'cry, depression & aloneness' very well, Be happy & joyful my friend, remember to laugh! Cheers, Carl
Thanx Carl. I'm glad you got the mood I was trying to set with this instrumental.
Re: ♫ Till The End Of Time BlueAttitude 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Noel, Good to hear a new song from you! This is one of your best I think, very well written, and your vocal sounds great. Harmonies really work too. Loved it!
Replies 18 Views 308 Read More
Re: Ghost Town AudioTrack 8 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
My take, and apologies if this is derailing. BIAB could easily be adapted to perform as an Arranger keyboard system, using a fast processor, adequate RAM and a decent SSD. However... Some of the currently advertised System Requirements preclude this from ever being delivered:
System Requirements for Band-in-a-Box® Windows®: 11/10/8/7 (32 or 64-bit) Minimum 1GB RAM (2GB+ recommended) Minimum 1.0 GHz processor (2GHz+ multicore recommended)
I don't know anyone running Windows 7 (no longer supported for several years by Microsoft) on a 1.0 GHz processor and expecting anything from producing music. And that's what I believe is holding this opportunity back. Can you even start to imagine the interest that would be generated if BIAB was also an Arranger System that could be used with almost any existing keyboard? Nobody with a 1.0 GHz Windows 7 anything is purchasing the 2024 version of BIAB. Move on.
Replies 7 Views 194 Read More
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,637
Posts735,343
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182