Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Any other KPOP fans out there? makingmelody 04/23/24 04:53 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Jim Fogle
There seems to be a lot of interest in K-Pop in the US. The music reminds me a lot of the music put out by US boy bands of the eighties and nineties. Groups like New Kids on the Block and NSync recorded a lot of well crafted and produced hit pop songs. The K-Pop bands are presenting pop songs that are just as good today. J-Pop (Japan Pop) is another genre that is gaining traction in the US.
You make a really interesting comparison of KPOP to boy bands from the 80s and 90s. I can totally hear the similarities now that you mention it. A lot of those older American boy bands also had intricate dance routines and concepts around their image. And the high quality of the songs is consistent between them. It's cool to see how KPOP is carrying on that tradition with their own unique creative flair. I'll have to check out some JPOP too since you mentioned it's become popular as well. smile
Replies 6 Views 212 Read More
Re: Any other KPOP fans out there? makingmelody 04/23/24 04:44 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
@bloc-head Yeah KPOP has really blown up globally in the last few years! I had no idea about it either until I started seeing BTS perform at awards shows on American TV. It's really fascinating how massive the fanbases are. I'm always up for discovering new music, so even though I'm not super into it yet, I appreciate you sharing your experience with your daughter working with a KPOP artist. Who was it, if you don't mind me asking?
Re: Any other KPOP fans out there? makingmelody 04/23/24 04:15 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
@HearToLearn I'm glad to hear you and your daughter have been enjoying Kpop - it really is catchy and high-energy. Fan devotion for groups is impressive. As mentioned in the article, BTS holds the number 1 spot on Spotify's most followed K-pop groups with around 71.6 million followers for songs like "Permission to Dance": https://gowithguide.com/blog/tourism-in-south-korea-statistics-2023-all-you-need-to-know-5254 The dedication of Kpop idols is admirable, training so hard. shocked
Re: Cover bands vs. the alternatives - the choices for making money while making music. Notes Norton 04/23/24 12:44 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
<…snip…> Your job is to sell drinks for the club and keep the people happy. Nothing more, nothing less.
Most definitely. The only reason to be in business is to make money. The commercial establishment that hires the band is a business. It is there to make money. The band is a business, so it has to make money. And the band makes money by helping the person who hires them make money. Whatever they sell, booze, food, memberships, or other, you are selling indirectly by playing there. It could be covers, originals, reggae, folk, or anything else, but it has to bring in and bring in again, the type of people the club that hired you wants. By doing this, the last day job, working for someone else, I've had was in the 1970s. Notes ♫
Replies 12 Views 334 Read More
Re: Venus Walks Again (2024 remix) MarioD 04/22/24 11:59 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chay, loved the time signatures changes. You gotta love a song with a B3 in it! Super guitar leads. Great used of RTs. Sweet ear candy - loved it.
Replies 7 Views 82 Read More
Re: Guitar Tone - What Does Every Influential Tone Have In Common? (19 Minute Video) MarioD 04/22/24 11:50 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Just develop your own tone(s) and quit trying to emulate some famous guitarist. YMMV
Replies 8 Views 219 Read More
Re: What is a Chorus? DC Ron 04/22/24 11:43 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Something fairly significant has been overlooked in this discussion...
Everything I would have said was said by David in this post. I picked up BiaB MANY years ago because of the jazz facility, but it's time to adapt old conventions to popular music. No offense intended.
Replies 21 Views 878 Read More
Re: Guitar Tone - What Does Every Influential Tone Have In Common? (19 Minute Video) Guitarhacker 04/22/24 11:24 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by dcuny
The one thing every influential guitar tone has in common... A great guitarist you want to sound like. wink
Wish: Man if I could just get that tone then I'd sound like________! Fact: No you won't!
Replies 8 Views 219 Read More
Re: Square Peg Ezekiel's Storm 04/22/24 11:05 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is quite the production with some complicated rhythm parts. I like the changes, which work so well and keep the piece moving and interesting. My favorite part is the sung part: "Independant - Isolated Between the devil and the deep blue sea Solitary - Everlasting Tears I cried that you never see"
Replies 14 Views 328 Read More
Re: Remove Reverb on Realtrack tsanders 04/22/24 10:59 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
But even if I freeze the track it still has reverb on it. I don't think there is a dry version of the realtrack. <<TS>>
Replies 13 Views 3,807 Read More
Re: Better Then Never Ezekiel's Storm 04/22/24 10:57 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The subject matter darker than what I usually hear in a Marty song. What a band you have put together! Awesome PS and your bass player sounds like one cool dude. grin Catchy song, and I see you couldn't resist a bit of Marty optimism: "So maybe we'll be better friends."
Replies 22 Views 477 Read More
Re: THAT BARSTOOL G McAllister 04/22/24 10:43 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey Mario. How're you today. Thanks again for listening and writing. I really appreciate it.
Replies 20 Views 405 Read More
Re: THAT BARSTOOL G McAllister 04/22/24 10:42 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good Afternoon Hans. Well, those comments go both ways, If I tried to do anything Dutch I'd trip over my tongue. No, the bar (or the stool or jukebox) isn't mine, but I've been around a few. Thanks for listening and taking time to write.
Re: THAT BARSTOOL G McAllister 04/22/24 10:39 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good Afternoon. THANK YOU BOTH. Means a lot coming from folks like y'all.
Re: THAT BARSTOOL G McAllister 04/22/24 10:38 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good Afternoon. THANK YOU, I appreciate the kind words. I hope you're right and that the right guy hears this song.
Re: Ooh Ya Ya NigelSpiers 04/22/24 10:26 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Noel, Thanks for all your generous comments - much appreciated. Best Regards. Nigel
Replies 14 Views 260 Read More
Re: Remove Reverb on Realtrack musocity 04/22/24 10:20 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I can't see a Direct Input option for that guitar. If you have Reaper, to get the original recordings without any added FX you can use the BBPlugin in Reaper using Instructions only, this will load the source files direct with no processing. You also have an option of using: Working In Biab & Reaper Simultaneously and Instantly or Open SGU in Reaper [Linked Image]
Re: Lost At Love DC Ron 04/22/24 09:41 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario, man, that sax sounds GREAT! Very natural and ALIVE. Ah, unrequited love...a timeless theme. You've done a great job capturing the doubt and angst that comes with the territory. Really like your harmonic development and arrangement in support of the narrative. Just a super duper song!
Replies 25 Views 273 Read More
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder floyd jane 04/22/24 09:31 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David Snyder. Excellent Write. A nice job of "layin' out the facts" (and making 'em rhyme). An absolute Killer Title line. The arrangement is Cool. Good build. One of your best. fj (and the other stuff) It is a real shame that Morgan is still so immature. Hopefully, he will grow up before he does any real damage (to other people or his career). He's kind of a one-step-forward-two-steps-back kind of guy. So far, it's just been "being a moron" with no intentions of harm (though harm can come from not thinking). I do believe he should serve jail time for the chair thing. Might wake him up. I am a huge fan of the music. The Dangerous album is one of the best records ever made. The next record (One Thing At A Time) is almost as good. Together they are 69 songs. A body of work that FEW artist can match. I encourage everyone to take the time to listen (sadly, I doubt many will). The productions are stunning. The writing is top notch. Original. Unique. Genre-defining-and-advancing. If you need new ideas for production and instrumentation - there is more than you can ever even possibly hear. Your "every song sounds the same" line is the one line the is not accurate. In those 69 songs, you will not find any 2 that sound alike. And almost every one is deserving of radio play (and almost ever one has gotten it).
Replies 25 Views 300 Read More
Re: Another for the wall: Time Waits For No One DC Ron 04/22/24 09:29 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Wayne, super tune! The salsa instruments are cool but the song of course strays far from salsa cliches. That's always cool. Nice vocals and killer guitar work by Ken throughout. Sounds like you're on a roll!
Replies 11 Views 197 Read More
Re: The Seacret of Country Songs' revealed DC Ron 04/22/24 09:24 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Arri, ha! Nice composition and nice authentic playing and vocals by all. The spoken parts are hilarious, too. Think you used exactly the right number of chords. Ha (again)!
Replies 4 Views 95 Read More
Re: ♫ Till The End Of Time DC Ron 04/22/24 09:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Noel, SO hard to write an original, old fashion love song, but you've nailed it. Lovely, lovely song. GREAT vocals that make Hayden sound weak, and THAT's hard to do, too. Nicely balanced arrangement that buoys the vocals perfectly. Glad you saved this one from your songwriting group!
Replies 18 Views 311 Read More
Re: Remove Reverb on Realtrack tsanders 04/22/24 09:05 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Reviving an old thread here... Today I tried to generate a dry version of the Guitar, Electric, Rhythm, JazzFunkGroovin EV16, 110. After not getting it to work (and trying all the things listed above) I found this thread. I'm on BIAB 2024 Ver 1111. Is it still possible that after 10 years this is still the case with some of the real tracks? I would really like to use my own reverbs!! Thanks, <<TS>>
Re: Lost At Love floyd jane 04/22/24 08:54 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Excellent. One of your best. I hear you crying. fj
Replies 25 Views 273 Read More
Re: Song Master Pro DrDan 04/22/24 08:34 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Cerio
When exporting your project, not as music xml, but as a midi file, you have the option to include the tempo map, chords and sections (as markers), lyrics, and other midi metadata: https://aurallysound.com/blogs/quick-start/pitches-pro
Good to know, thanks. Currently working with Reaper\Melodyne ARA. Some success and some ongoing confusion. This is going to take a while to figure out... crazy For any interested - These two references are "generally working for me"
https://helpcenter.celemony.com/M5/doc/melodyneStudio5/en/M5tour_ReaperARA_TempoTempoanpassung?env=reaper
Replies 89 Views 6,594 Read More
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,638
Posts735,345
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182