A note to acknowledge the recent assistance I received from Rob with PG Music’s technical support. Rob helped me clearly define, then fix, two issues I had using SampleTank and midi supertracks in Band-In-A-Box 2013.

The no audio from SampleTank issue was relatively easy to fix. The default directory settings were wrong.

The no audio when playing midi supertracks took a long time to define because it was so illogical to think I had midi track audio output, unless the track was a midi supertrack! I had audio output when using any DXI softsynth midi player (EDIROL VSC, Coyote WT and SampleTank ship with all editions of BIAB plus I have other DXI softsynths) except for any track (normally the piano track for test purposes) playing a midi supertrack. As soon as the piano name turned pale blue, that track's audio was gone. Set the track name to yellow and the audio returned!

Rob corrected the issue with a procedure he called a "hard reset". The hard reset was performed by closing BIAB and deleting two files. The BIAB program reverts back to first time use factory defaults and the files are reconstructed the next time BIAB is opened.

Because all my personal settings were lost I'm reluctant to name the two deleted files. If you need the information I'd prefer you contact technical support because Rob covered many possibilities before resorting to the hard reset.

I should also mention that there was no hold time or menu driven prompts to reach technical support. I never felt rushed nor did I ever feel talked down to. A very refreshing experience!

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home