Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! 1970s Pioneer speakers??

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
When I say "new" I really mean new.

Well, knowing they are not made anymore, that kind of narrows your odds of finding a new one, Wouldn't you agree?

Even when you buy it at a store it isn't "new". The store owned it first, possibly hundreds of shoppers have tested it. Everything is used to some degree. I'd like a new 1959 Edsel too...

That's like asking your baby to take his first steps again.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
When I say "new" I really mean new.

Well, knowing they are not made anymore, that kind of narrows your odds of finding a new one, Wouldn't you agree?

Even when you buy it at a store it isn't "new". The store owned it first, possibly hundreds of shoppers have tested it. Everything is used to some degree. I'd like a new 1959 Edsel too...

That's like asking your baby to take his first steps again.

Disagree totally Eddie, my experience in buying from a store or Amazon has been that the packaging/carton has not been opened so there's little risk of it being used/abused by a prior customer. I'm not talking about floor models or returns here; my policy is to not buy floor or returns, only new, especially when electronics are involved.

But that's not all. GuitarCenter (for example) has a very generous 45 day return policy. This I know about 1st hand as during the pandemic I bought a high-end Roland drum machine from them and after 2 weeks I determined it wasn't my thing. Two weeks after that I returned it for full refund; no questions asked. It was then put on the floor as used. With this policy and their competitive pricing, they will always have me as a customer.

Have you checked ebay's return policy?

As for narrowing odds, nope. There are other manufacturers (see above) that I can do business with.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Perhaps this will explain better. This was 2019; I've made several changes since but the collection is close to the same.

https://www.mattfinley.com/promos/Instruments2019.JPG

This photo brings back a memory from about 15 years ago.

We were attending a Church and one Sunday a guest trumpet player was introduced and played with a backing track for about an hour; he was good.

Inbetween songs he made a remarkable (to me anyway) statement. He said

If I skip a days practice, I notice it.
If I skip 2 days practice my wife notices.
If I skip 3 days practice the audience notices.

I wonder if this is specific to brass instruments because, in part, of the lip and breath control required. Or if this is true for pro muscians in general. Apparently for this guy, a vacation from his instrument was not an option.

BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My brother, pro trumpet player in New York City who taught me how to play, got the gene that required at least four hours of practice per day. I got the gene that allows me to get the horn out of the case two days before a concert, check it over, play about an hour, and I’m ready for the gig. So I suppose different things work for different players. My practice is in my head.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dude, you said yourself they ain't made anymore, you have no option. So if want one you really do, used it will have to be. Packing, return policies.. all moot if they aren't made anymore. Wish in one hand and crap in the other and tell me which hand is full and which is empty.

Did the 1959 Edsel reference not explain that concept of "There ain't no mo' of these"?

Last edited by eddie1261; 06/18/23 11:22 AM.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dude, you said yourself they ain't made anymore, you have no option. So if want one you really do, used it will have to be. Packing, return policies.. all moot if they aren't made anymore. Wish in one hand and crap in the other and tell me which hand is full and which is empty.

Did the 1959 Edsel reference not explain that concept of "There ain't no mo' of these"?

What part of I do have options don't you understand??

They aren't made anymore . . . check
I buy only from outlets that offer return policies . . . check, not moot as you say
Other manufacturers have acceptable product . . . check . . . for the 2nd time, see above
No crap here . . . check
Life is good . . . check

BiaB 2024 Windows
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Piano is my Forte ( grin )

I have a:

- Yamaha C5 Conservatorium Series Grand.

- Roland RD-1000 (fully weighted) which I use with the Ivory VST sound library

- Casio PX-S3000 fully weighted 88 key keyboard which I use when traveling.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Yamaha_C5_Grand.jpg (343.8 KB, 120 downloads)
Roland_RD-1000_Piano.jpg (25.91 KB, 120 downloads)
Casio PX-S3000.jpg (38.32 KB, 120 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! 1970s Pioneer speakers??
Eddie, yes. Early 1970s Kenwood amp & tuner still power them.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
J
jdew Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Piano is my Forte ( grin )

I have a:

- Yamaha C5 Conservatorium Series Grand.

Wow! The grand piano in the photo looks beautiful. A terrific instrument. I expect that you really enjoy playing it.

Off-Topic
J
jdew Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J

<... snip ...>

Play through a Line6 Spyder 3 modeling amp and a 2x10 closed back cabinet.

<... end snip ...>

I recently picked up a Boss Katana 50 MKII (1x12" open back combo) modeling amp. It hooks up to the PC and has a program to create and save settings and whatnot similar to the Line6.

The JC-120 remains my #1, but the modeling amp is different, a lot of fun and very interesting.

Some days I seem to spend more time monkeying with different settings and effects than actually playing guitar.... I'm not playing the guitar, I'm playing the amp. Not a bad thing, though.

I do like the flexibility and options of the modeling amp. A lot of potential there.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
@Matt I had a pair of Pioneer CS99a that I bought at the PX in Vietnam and shipped home. No markup, no tax, no duty. That was a nice perk for us. Bought those, a Son8y reel to reel, a power amp, 2 turntables... Since we got paid in military script, we weren't earning US dollars and paid no taxes. 18 months of that! Plus I was a good poker player and had a little loan business going. When the dopers were out of money (I was NOT a user) and needed 40 bucks to buy "things" I would lend it to them and on payday I stood at the end of the pay line with my notebook and they paid me 50 back. 40 for 50, 60 for 75, 80 for 100. That was what I called the "dope tax". LOL

I sold those speakers in 1999 for $400 each when I went to Bose..

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jdew
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

<... snip ...>

Oh yeah... I've got a pretty red Strat copy that hangs on the wall. It's horrible to play (action is high, intonation is horrible, and cheap pickups) and it was given to me by a customer.... It looks good, and that's about all I can say about it.

Adjusting the action, setting the intonation and even replacing pickups on a Strat are actually fairly easy, at least straightforward and not very complex. I learned to do those sort of things (not because I like to but because I couldn't afford to pay someone else to do it). Basically, if I can do it anyone can.

Who knows, that Strat copy might be more than just good looking....

As a guitarist, yes, I'm aware of all that. In fact, I did work on this guitar including removing the old strings, adjusting the action and putting a new set of strings on it. None of that brought the action into a reasonably playable state. I realize that a high action by itself can be the source of intonation issues. I did not however, remove the bolted on neck and shim it so the angle of neck to body and string alignment was changed. Perhaps, one day when I have the time to mess with it, I will remove the strings and unbolt the neck and shim it to see if that will affect the play-ability of the guitar. It's worth giving it a try to see if it will make a difference.

I looked these guitars up on the internet and most comments are that they are very cheaply made in Indonesia and are not worth the cost to put a single good pickup on it. Folks are saying $20 to $50 on average. I was aware of that and as such, I don't plan on spending any money on it. Putting a shim in the neck doesn't cost a dime so I might try that.

For now, it's a great looking wall hanger that gets dusted every so often.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
If you dust, you put more time into maintaining your guitars than I do... LOL!

Mine are like 8 trophy wives. They look good but I never spend any time with them.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
1. Fender Jazz Bass w/ flatwounds into a 40W Fender Bronco practice amp
2. Korg electronic keyboard into a pair of JBL monitors

Sweet! Very similar here too, Steve (nice name!)

1. Fender Jazz Bass w/Ernie Ball Slinky Cobalts into a Roland KC 500 Watt Keyboard amp or the JBL LSR 4328 8" Powered Monitors
2. Korg N5 electronic keyboard into the Roland or JBLs.
3. Fender Mexi Strat (matches black/white color scheme of the Jazz Bass) into the JBLs.
4. Yamaha DX-9 --> To Eddie, thanks sir.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
J
jdew Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Guitarhacker,

You've done reasonable stuff.... I assume you checked the neck and its not bowed or warped, so I too think resetting the neck is about all that's left. Like you say, worth a try just to find out since you don't have to spend any money on it.

Good luck... have some fun with it and no matter what it can still be a great looking wall hanger.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
On the gig:

Custom shop MacSax tenor sax indoors, Yamaha YTS-52 outdoors

Yamaha WX wind MIDI controller into either a Yamaha FL70m (TURBO) or a TX81z synth module

Custom shop Parker Maxxfly plugged into a Digitech RP355 amp sim/fx direct to the PA

Selmer flute outdoors, Armstrong indoors

Sennheiser MD421 mic for voice, sax, and flute.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob, why the different flutes? Isn’t the Selmer better than the Armstrong?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Matt, likely he doesn't want the MacSax exposed to the salt water.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I agree, but I was asking about the flutes.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,785
Posts737,316
Members38,581
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
trumpet man, Harlow Davis, limelitevibe, Nickolas, philou33
38,581 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186