Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Chad,

I enjoyed listening to the first two songs, will have a listen to the rest later.

As Dcuny says could easily pass for well done pop music, and adds

Thanks. I had fun doing them...also frustration though. smile

"I think people who think these programs are "creative" fail to realize the massive amount of data that is used to train these programs"

I suppose in a sense songwriters are trained by listening to the songs that have gone before, so in a sense no big deal in that regard.

The copyright issue is a big thing though I agree.

Totally agree. Something will need to be figured out. Obviously not the same, but the whole "sampling" thing that went down had some similar issues that had to be sorted out. But those were directly using the artists work as it is.

I think what it will boil down to eventually is the general public will not care one iota, if its a good song, whether AI wrote it or a songwriter, and neither would I

I tend to be more in this camp as well. If I can hear great music or a great song, that's really what matters to me. I do understand where people would have issue though as well.

To be honest I just love this Technology, and I think the traditional way of putting a song together can happily co-exist with the AI way.

Completely agree. I'm excited for certain aspects of it, and wonder how certain questionable things will be addressed.

Anyway though biab is not AI (though at times it may seem it is employing some sort of basic AI) I think we shouldn't be complaining as users of biab that modern AI is going beyond our comfort zone.

As others have pointed out, these tools also are not true AI either. I personally believe that it's similar in concept to what people have been trying to accomplish with BIAB. Not in every case with every person obviously, but (just my take) if you can't play an instrument, or can't play it well enough that you are giving a program instructions on how to do it, then possibly generating multiple takes to get what you want...at the heart of it it seems similar not matter the method or program. I hope that made sense?

I appreciate the reply smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Cerio
Sorry to say it (again), but as much as I love technology, I find, and will always find THIS technology really, deeply sad.

No need to apologize. I'm just curious what about it makes you sad? There's so many different ways someone could mean that. I am truly wanting to understand what you meant.

Thanks! smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by eddie1261
I kinda totally love this. I'd love to see you turn out a CD with every track done to the latest time standard for songs. (Is it still EXACTLY 3:34?) 10 tracks of different iterations of the same song titled "Mistake".

I liken this long running AI debate to the time way back when I caught all kids of grief because I liked techno music so much. All I heard was that sequenced parts controlled by sequencing software and played back through a series of MIDI controlled instruments was "cheating". Everybody I knew hated it. May I list a few bands they "hated"?

Howard Jones
The Thompson Twins
Talk Talk
Gary Neuman
The Human League
Haircut 100
Flock Of Seagulls
Duran Duran
Daft Punk
Pet Shop Boys
Tears For Fears
A-Ha
Depeche Mode
Simple Minds
Eurythmics

What makes me laugh is knowing that a lot of the people who put those bands down went on to do solo acts with, you guessed it, backing tracks. And in a true stroke of irony, many of them use backing tracks that they bought rather than programming them. Or even perhaps (gasp) writing their own songs!! The reason they do it is, of course, because they can keep all the money with no band members to pay. And to push the irony further, many of them look down at karaoke. Um.....

Karaoke, correctly written kara oke, is Japanese for "empty orchestra", which is exactly what they are doing. Music with no musicians performing it. The first karaoke machine was called The Sparko Box, a little cube that flashed flights as it played, and the guy who invented it, Shigeichi Negishi, died last month at 100 years of age.

And here we are with software created by the very much alive Dr. Gannon. And discussing AI tools that can replace it.

Irony can be so ironic sometimes.

Ok, there's a lot there! ha! I do know where you're coming from. I completely enjoy the bands you mentioned! I actually saw Depeche Mode in concert for the first time in 1990. The music was fantastic and the lights were all programmed to visually go with all the little production things they do. I was so geeked out it was pathetic! I loved it! Btw, talk about making your songs interesting! They were masters.

The band that opened for them one of the times was Nitzer Ebb. If you haven't heard of them, they were a great lead up to DM.

Did you listen to Information Society at all by chance? A bit more happy pop, but still did some cool things.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by DrDan
“The rule should never be such that human creators stand to gain more from repeatedly clicking a button to generate massive amounts of AI-produced materials than from putting their hearts, souls, experiences, skills, talents, and emotions into expressive works of art.”

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/nmpa-generative-ai-is-the-greatest-risk-to-the-human-creative-class-that-has-ever-existed/

I'm not sure we have the right to tell others that any more than they should be able to dictate our art, in my opinion.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by shlind
I am sorry to say, but it all sounds crap to me.

I need to hear music created by real musicians that sing with their own voices and play their own instruments and let their soul and spirit out in songs that are created.

If someone makes something that I don't care for, I still respect it, but it's not for me. I'm not really all that sure that you're sorry for your comment; or maybe would have taken the time to word it better instead of pre-apologizing. Just a thought. smile

One last thing, I couldn't find any songs you posted. frown Keep at it. I truly mean that. Ask questions, get feedback, and improve as you go. I have a feeling you may be way more critical of your own music than you are mine. Don't let that stop you. We are all here to help. We all suck sometimes, and we all hit a gem sometimes. smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It's a dozen examples, an original and 11 variations. How to use the idea is how BIAB has done it since its inception. My BIAB version has 11,165 styles that the process you used can be applied using the StyleMaker to create 11,165 versions of the Chorus lyrics from this posting. One can use Spleeter (BIAB has the capability to include Spleeter or a similar product embedded in later versions of BIAB) to isolate the vocals from your post and apply them into 11,165 versions with very similar results to this process.

More common is to use the process in BIAB to create complete, original, and unique copyrightable songs with arrangements that can be shared and published.

I'm not sure how completely original they are. Not challenging you, I'm truly saying I don't know. I know when I do regenerations SOME of the licks, for let's say a guitar, turn out having some of the same parts. It's nice though, because you also get variations to work with and build, say, a solo. As an extremely weak guitar player, I like these options! smile

The 11,165 Styles can each be user modified, modified or merged into per-song styles of creating new styles to add to the 11,165. The RealTrack page lists 4,700+ instruments plus some styles include midi patches and SuperMidi patches. The higher versions of BIAB have more than 5,000 hours of studio recorded audio. Open the SGU Chord Sheet and it defaults to two sub-Styles. The program allows for each Chord Sheet to have up to 24 sub-styles that have the feature to modify a Style on a per song basis. Drum patterns, instruments can be muted or replaced with other instruments.

Regarding RealTracks, the BIAB 24 Track Mixer has the feature of each track having an eleven track sub-mixer that can place the original plus 10 other configurable RealTrack instruments on each track. 24 tracks times 11 instruments provide 254 instruments playing possibilities in user-programable configurations per song.

BIAB isn't cheating or ironic by any stretch of the imagination because it requires human intelligence at every step to manipulate it into a song.

What I posted also took manipulating to get it usable. MANY takes did not work out well. To fully construct a song using this technology would be somewhat difficult. Not impossible, but a fair amount of work. I'm just finding people seem to have all sort of opinions on how much it's too much when it comes to having computers helping in the creation of a song.

You are TOTALLY correct in the amount of options we are given with BIAB. It is and always will be a wonder product to me. You stated all of that way better than I did!

Always enjoy your comments my friend. Everything I've said was meant with total respect. smile

Last edited by HearToLearn; 04/15/24 06:02 PM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn
I seriously doubt whether, if presented with several "real music" samples interspersed with several AI samples like Chad presented, you could consistently pick which is which! And even assuming you could do it, it won't be long before you won't be able to.

Depending on the system it's played on, it might be difficult at times already. I completely agree that the time of not being able to distinguish is not that far off. I'm not sure how long, but given how fast it's progressing...pretty crazy.

Thanks for the response! smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by bloc-head

I need to hear music created by real musicians that sing with their own voices and play their own instruments and let their soul and spirit out in songs that are created.
I am sorry to say it all does not sound like crap to ME...
I need to hear real honest music, by real players too, but this, to me is quite surprising, and maybe a little disturbing, because it's doesn't sound like crap... ... to me...

That was my exact experience. It was a bit jaw dropping at first as I tried to figure out what was AI and what wasn't. That in itself spoke volumes to me.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by HearToLearn
MANY Mistakes

After getting some input I thought about having a discussion around how we could use this. smile I know some feel that's been discussed to death, but I feel that discussion is just beginning. We may be in trouble. shocked

thanks all! I've missed ya. A lot of life going on right now.

-Chad
I have not followed much of the discussions, but find the subject fascinating...
I'd love to know how this production was created... what "ai" software? ai assisted?
Yes, trouble ahead...

It was a combination of a few things.

I used my own lyrics that I had written. No AI at all.

I used a site called Udio.com (made an edit for spelling) to create most of what you head musically. I took A LOT of regenerations as it does get many things wrong in song structure and also delivering the lyrics with random words at times. Other times, it just would generate additional lyrics if I didn't have enough in a section. I wouldn't use those and instead would rewrite the lyrics.

In an actual song, I use a DAW to have to assemble multiple takes and design the song structure. It someone just starts vocals wherever at time and jumps into a chorus at a weird time. THEN, for the second verse, as an example, it doesn't use the melody from the first verse but instead generates an entirely new melody. That makes it REALLY difficult. Also, there are no repeating of any number of choruses. Thus, have to use the DAW to copy and past the chorus.
I am actually big on shortening parts of the chorus or expanding it to add unexpected interest. I'm not really seeing this as possible...yet.

So for those who think this is a click a button one time kind of thing; consider educating yourself. It's so not there. I do believe in time it will get there. I would think it would be much easier than what they've done up to this point.

Hope that helps. Ask away on questions. David is more the expert though.

Last edited by HearToLearn; 04/16/24 12:34 PM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn
I gotta say, reluctantly, I'm kinda with Eddie on this! laugh

It has always struck me as hilariously ironic that folks who use software like BIAB to create much/most of their music, get all hot and bothered when some new technology like AI comes along and offers ways to do the same thing a bit faster with even less involvement!

Heck, we've even had long arguments here where folks who replace live band members with BIAB bass, drums and rhythm guitar parts in their "live" performances, then turn around and complain that open mic participants are somehow stealing their gig opportunities!

If you're using BIAB or similar tools to create your music you're not much different from the kid using AI to produce his music. You just drew the line in a different place.

Now, as for my personal preference, I would never knowingly go see a performance where the band is using backing tracks OR AI in their "live" performance. And I'd prefer not to knowingly listen to AI music. But going forward I don't think I'll have much choice.

I look at it very similarly. Some of the people who argue this is too far are the very people that musicians who don't use BIAB look at in that same way. It's kind of like the speed you drive at. Whatever it is is the right speed. People who don't drive your speed are driving too fast or too slow. MY speed is the RIGHT speed.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by JoanneCooper
Hi chad
That’s interesting. What was your workflow and what AI tools did you use? Look forward to learning more.

Hi Joanne! I was hoping you would comment because of your interest along these lines. I love that attitude!

I did answer what I used and how above. The technology still has things that need improvement before it gets to the point of writing songs for us before we even ask it to. wink

On a personal note, I love what you've been doing and working on. Congrats on the success with it. I could see it pairing well with some of these technologies! (As I think BIAB already recognized!)

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Jim Fogle
I had a lot of fun listening to this. I thought songs 5 & 10 are the funniest because they both sound like showbiz dram or something you'd hear in a musical. The modern country pretty much hit the mark and the gospel was spot on. What got me the most though is how earnest all the vocals sounded.

I'm glad you did. Yes the two Metal Showtunes were fun. One was supposed to be a bit more like a choir...almost like a Tran Siberian goes to church kind of thing. The second one I was going for Metal ABBA a bit.

Since I can't sing, the vocals are what most impressed me.

Appreciate the comments my friend.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
There's a huge difference between these AI programs and BiaB, sample libraries, and MIDI tracks: the AI companies don't have the rights to use the voices and instruments that are in their songs.

First, you know I respect you BIG TIME, I hope. I think you are making fantastic points all the way around. I may not agree with some of them now, but that doesn't mean I disagree either. I more of the mind of "I don't know" enough about some of it to really say with confidence on some of it.

As an example, and there are many I believe, BIAB has a "style" for Dire Straights that sounds pretty spot on to me. I think if you generated it, most people who know the band would identify it as being that. I'm fairly certain PG Music didn't pay Dire Straights for that signature sound. I don't know though. IF they didn't, I'm still ok with it. It's a sound. A signature sound though. I see this as being a similar situation. Just my opinion my friend. Still see your points. smile

They make of point of not telling where they get their materials from, but here's a project in 2020 that described how it gathered its source material (emphasis added):

To train this model, we crawled the web to curate a new dataset of 1.2 million songs (600,000 of which are in English), paired with the corresponding lyrics and metadata from LyricWiki.

See: https://openai.com/research/jukebox

That is, these programs trawl through millions of copyrighted songs to get their training material. No artist has granted them rights to use their materials, and no artist is compensated.

The companies creating the AI programs do a number of things to make it difficult to determine where the source materials come from.

I agree, and I know this point has been made. To me, it's similar to what what we do as humans in many ways. We take reference materials to learn what we need to do then spend the rest of our lives spitting our those things in new combinations. I think the sticking point many times I've seen from people is when WE do it, it's creativity. When a program does it, it's WRONG.

Pablo Picasso is often credited assaying “good artists borrow, great artists steal.” Some people say he wasn't the first to say it. To me, this would be ironic if he took that from someone else. smile

One of the most obvious is omitting artist names in tags. So although the AI is capable of rendering a song with the voice/instrument/arrangement of a particular artist, there's no way to request the AI do so.

And since a specific voice can't be requested, you'll end up getting a voice that's a combines the attributes of similar voices - enough so that the original singer can't be identified.

Isn't that kind of saying that it's a new voice then. If the voice sounds similar but isn't, it simply isn't that voice, in my opinion.

However, here's something Udio produced when prompted to generate something in the style of the Beatles:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1778900566917165512

I am SO curious how they did this. Specifically what prompts they used. I find it EXTEREMLY difficult to get it to sound similar to some of the voices that I was hoping I could get it to sound like for my own purposes of fun. I've got a bit of a voice crush on Halsey and have not come even REMOTELY close to that sound. Like, at all. I must be missing something.

Udio didn't pay the rights holders of The Beatles songs to use their songs, and Paul McCartney didn't authorize Udio to use his voice.

In my mind, this is theft (well, technically massive copyright infringement), disguised the same way that money laundering hides the source of illegal profits.

I think you said this in a really effective way. You always have such good points. I sort of feel like they shouldn't have to pay them, in my opinion because we aren't generating any song that sounds exactly like any Beatles song that exists. Yes, it sure sounds like them...but that song doesn't exist anywhere else. I feel the same could be said for the voice issue.

Your points are truly fantastic and I can't tell you how much I appreciate them because they make me think, and re-evaluate my thoughts on the subject. Thanks for that! We may not agree but I'm not here to argue. I'm HearToLearn. smile

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted by HearToLearn
It was a combination of a few things.

I used my own lyrics that I had written. No AI at all.

I used a site called Edio.com to create most of what you head musically. I took A LOT of regenerations as it does get many things wrong in song structure and also delivering the lyrics with random words at times. Other times, it just would generate additional lyrics if I didn't have enough in a section. I wouldn't use those and instead would rewrite the lyrics.

In an actual song, I use a DAW to have to assemble multiple takes and design the song structure. It someone just starts vocals wherever at time and jumps into a chorus at a weird time. THEN, for the second verse, as an example, it doesn't use the melody from the first verse but instead generates an entirely new melody. That makes it REALLY difficult. Also, there are no repeating of any number of choruses. Thus, have to use the DAW to copy and past the chorus.
I am actually big on shortening parts of the chorus or expanding it to add unexpected interest. I'm not really seeing this as possible...yet.

So for those who think this is a click a button one time kind of thing; consider educating yourself. It's so not there. I do believe in time it will get there. I would think it would be much easier than what they've done up to this point.

Hope that helps. Ask away on questions. David is more the expert though.

Chad, thanks for that explanation... did you mean to type "Edio" or Udio?
I played around with Udio and was impressed with the website, and the tech, but I don't know what I'd ever use it for... I must say, many of the song examples were high quality, as were those that you produced... After editing in your DAW, were you able to publish any of your finished songs back onto the original site? Were you able to download any of your creations as WAV files? Any luck generating videos on their site?
Thanks again Chad

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Chad, thanks for that explanation... did you mean to type "Edio" or Udio?
I played around with Udio and was impressed with the website, and the tech, but I don't know what I'd ever use it for... I must say, many of the song examples were high quality, as were those that you produced... After editing in your DAW, were you able to publish any of your finished songs back onto the original site? Were you able to download any of your creations as WAV files? Any luck generating videos on their site?
Thanks again Chad

Dang! Good catch. Yes I meant Udio!

After editing in the DAW, no I was not able to publish them back up to the site. I haven't tried it though either. I just get the feeling you probably can't.

I didn't download any of the examples or songs I played around with. I just captured them in my DAW.

I haven't tried the video aspect. I honestly didn't even know it was a thing. So, I'll have to look into it. Thanks for bringing it up!

Overall I am hoping at some point it would be able to have more control over the song structures...and maybe export multi tracks? Am I asking too much? smile

Thanks for the reply!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
snip ... However, here's something Udio produced when prompted to generate something in the style of the Beatles:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1778900566917165512

Udio didn't pay the rights holders of The Beatles songs to use their songs, and Paul McCartney didn't authorize Udio to use his voice.

In my mind, this is theft (well, technically massive copyright infringement), disguised the same way that money laundering hides the source of illegal profits.

David, I can understand why you would say that they used Beatle songs and Paul McCartney's voice because Udio was able to get something musical that sounded a lot like a Beatle song as sung by Paul McCartney. But, it was not a Beatle song and may not have been sung by Paul McCartney.

Sound-A-Like music has been a thing in country and rock music for as long as I can remember listening to music. Heck, the first "Beatles" album my family had was not by the Beatles but by a group of session musicians and singers that replicated songs from the Beatles first album before the album was available in the US.
A Dutch group, +++ Stars On 45 +++ performed amazing replications of not just Beatle songs but also songs like "Funkytown", "Boogie Nights", the Andrew Sisters, A Star Wars medley, ABBA and more.

The Wikipedia article about the making of the recordings is fascinating reading especially since it goes into an overview of how this was all reconstructed from scratch and digital technology like sampling was not available. +++ 45 RPM Medley +++ is a short 4:44 video of the 7" 45 RPM record. The original release was an extended play 12" recording that was 9:44 in length.

To me the funniest idea is they covered The Archies song "Sugar, Sugar". The Archies were themselves session musicians and singers brought together to sings songs for a Saturday morning cartoon show based on comic book characters.

The point I'm making is not that your wrong as I don't think your far off the mark. Only is it likely that original and copycat recordings were used as models. The copycats should add their own character to the end result making the end result different from what it might be with all originals.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,684
Posts735,923
Members38,538
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Zunzez, Isrra29, HukoKamb, adolesentcodger, Elizabeth Stephen
38,537 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 177