Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hello RealBand users,

In RealBand (2010.5 build 2, latest update) I still keep getting Access Violation Errors and program termination errors. Now for a while i could play some existing songs. When I checked the settings under the MIDI Drv dialog i could see the settings where set properly (Midi-In UA-700 and Midi-Out UA-700). However when i pressed cancel to close the dialog without making changes the program just terminated again. Other times there are no settings shown under Midi devices and an Acces Violation Error occurs.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits (on HP Intel I3 Desktop, 6Gb memory) and the Roland UA-700 64 bits driver (latest version 1.0.0)

I consulted Roland Europe about this issue but they only pointed to the website with the 1.0.0 driver I already use. There doesnt seem to be any update anymore and i get no further response from Roland.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to solve this or do I need to say goodbye to my Edirol UA-700?

Thanks in advance,

Valentino

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Next thing I would do is to exmine the IRQ table for my computer and see if there are some IRQ *shares* that may be causing interrupts or the like.

Don't take Window's work for it, it will report an OK if every single device on the computer were on the same IRQ number. What we are looking for here is something to do with your MIDI and possibly sound drivers sharing the same IRQ with another of your high bandwidth devices, such as the Video or Network card.

If you don't know how to check the IRQ table for your given OS, you can do a websearch to find out the routine. You can also copy and paste results reported into a post here if you need help analyzing (ok, John, "analysing") the report. Just don't include all those long lists of virtual hardware, just inlude the first part that has actual hardware devices listed.

Pay attention to shares, which are two or more devices on the same IRQ number.

And be advised that we can no longer manually change the IRQ settings as we could with some of the fine older windows operating systems. Sometimes it is necessary to move PCI cards around and see if ACPI puts something on another IRQ.

--Mac

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hello Mac,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the IRQ settings under Hardware Devices - option Sources listed on Type
Below you can see the list :

IRQ - Resource
==============
1 - Systemtimer
8 - CMOS Clock
13 - Numeric-dataprocessor
-
11 - 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family
16 - 5 Series/3400 Host Chipset Family USB Host Controller
16 - Intel Management Engine Interface
16 - Intel Processor PCI Express root Port - 0041
17 - High Definition Audio
17 - Intel 5 Series /3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Port 1 - 3B42
18 - Intel 5 Series /3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Port 3 - 3B46
18 - Via 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller
19 - Intel 5 Series /3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Port 4 - 3B48
19 - Intel ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/5 Series/3400 Series SATA Raid Controller
22 - High Definition Audio Besturing
23 - Intel 5 Series/3400 series Chipset Family USB Enhanced host controller - 3B34
-4 ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
-3 RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controler
-2 802.11N Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Adapter

Do you notice any problem/address or IRQ conflict with the IRQ's above?

greetings,

Valentino

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I don't see anything that would interrupt the sound device in your IRQ table.

So it likely is not that issue causing a problem here.

**Have you downloaded and installed the latest RB update from the pgmusic support page?**

If not, that should be done and then test to see if you have operation.

If that doesn't do it, then try the following:

Try re-installing RealBand from your installer disk, right overtop of the one that is there. Sometimes, that clears up these kind of issues as well.

If you do have to try the total reinstall, don't forget to apply the Update to it again. And if applicable, install to run as Administrator.

--Mac

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hello Mac,

Thanks again for your reply, and yes, i did install the latest version of RB 2010.5 build 2 (see my original posting). In the meantime i have tried another thing: installing a generic text/only printer and set it as default preceding my HP Deskjet C4580 Printer because I remembered someone on the net gave that suggestion in the past to solve Midi-errors occurring with HP Printers. But unfortunately that didnt help.

I will try your latest suggestion to install RB 2010 over the present installation again followed by the latest patches and then I will let you know the results.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions so far,

Valentino

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hello again Mac,

I just re-installed RB 2010 over my current installation and started the Setup with Administrator credentials. Afterwards I also reinstalled the 2010.5 Build 2 upgrade for RB.

But unfortunately the problems still occurs I can play an existing tune but when i press the option [Midi Drv] and then just close that dialog by pressing Cancel RB terminates.

By the way, the UA-700 is an external (ASIO) soundcard connected to the PC with USB, so not an internal PCI-card in a PC slot.

Greetings, Valentino

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Some additional information about the problem :

I switched off RealTek Onboard Audio in the BIOS to minimize the chance of conflicts but that didnt solve the problem either. Below is information i get when the error occurs (after clicking [Midi Drv] and calling the driver dialog a 2nd time :

Event of problem: APPCRASH
Name of application: RealBand.exe
Version of application: 2010.5.0.2
Timestamp of application: 2a425e19
Name of errormodule: StackHash_f7b2
Version of errormodule: 6.1.7600.16385
Timestamp of errormodule: 4a5bdb3b
Exceptioncode: c0000374
Exceptionmargin: 000cdcbb
Version of O.S.: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Country-id: 1043
Additional Information 1: f7b2
Additional Information 2: f7b2cb3a9619a15dd20b00a272c92b87
Additional Information 3: d8a2
Additional Information 4: d8a2e71942dd5a44717d91070b9d9e62

Its not a blue screen but a white dialog is shown notifying the program stopped responding.

Valentino

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I also tried the following, but without result :

- Updating the graphic driver (ATI Radeon 5400 series)
- Disabled sound on the ATI card
- Uninstalling (reboot)and reinstalling the UA-700 64-bits 1.0.0 driver once more
- Choosing MME instead of ASIO (crashed as well!)
- Trying the latest ASIO4ALL 32/64 bits 2.10 driver (crashed as well!)
- Switched off the onboard Audio in BIOS

At the moment im out of ideas besides replacing my Edirol UA-700 device.

Does anyone still have any suggestions how this can be solved?

Thanks in advance and greetings,

Valentino

RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What are you using for MIDI playback? A DXi synth? What are all the MIDI output drivers you have available in the Driver Setup dialog?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. For Midi Playback I use both Midi-Out of the UA-700 connected to my Roland EXR-5 keyboard or the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth (under Windows 7 64 bits)
Crashes occur on both and also when choosing MME.

When starting RB now as soon as I want to select the UA-700 under ASIO Audio Drivers dialog (pops up automatically now when starting RB) a violation error occurs saying :

"Access violation at address 100025B9 in module 'Rdaw1024.dll'Read of address 00000108 at: 100025B9"

After the violation error RB sends the following message :

"Card failed Test Record/Playback. Full Duplex setting in Options | Preferences | Audio Settings Dialog has been disabled Contact Manufacturer for updated driver (if available)"
After this message there are no drivers listed anymore under Midi-In and only Midi Mapper and Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth under Midi-Out.

(Usually there is also both UA-700 Midi-In and Midi-Out available)

Valentino

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
here something additional about the settings that might be important.

Audio Driver Setup in RealBand :

Audio Input Driver(s) :
-----------------------
Microsoft-sound assignment (?)
IN (UA-700) <- chosen

Audio Output Driver(s) :
------------------------
Microsoft-sound assignment (?)
OUT (UA-700) <- chosen
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Midi Driver Setup in RealBand :

Input Driver(s) :
-----------------
UA-700 MIDI IN <- chosen
UA-700 CONTROL

Output Driver(s) :
------------------
Microsoft MIDI Mapper
Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
UA-700 MIDI OUT <- chosen
UA-700 CONTROL

Does anybody know what the 'Microsoft sound assignment' relates to and if its possible to exclude/remove these from the options?

Valentino

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I just found out that RB keeps running when i just select Midi-Out when i play a midifile to my Roland EXR-5 keyboard. This keyboard is connected to the UA-700 with both Midi-In and Midi-Out with ordinary Midi-cables. As soon as i also select Midi-In under [Midi Drv] in RealBand 2010.5 and i open the Midi setup dialog twice the access violation error occurs.

So everything seems to focus to the Midi-In. The Roland EXR-5 keyboard is Midi2, GS and XGLite compatible.

Valentino

RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Thanks for the additional information. I did a search for rdaw1024.dll on google, but this forum thread is the only page that comes up.

It is normal for the Microsoft Sound Mapper to be there. This means that the driver is selected by Windows. Some say it is best to choose your sound card driver specifically (as you have done) instead of the sound mapper.

Try one more quick test: Install RealBand to a new folder, like C:\RealBand_Test. Run the program from this folder and answer no to the ASIO question. See if you have the same problem with this fresh install of the program.

Are you using a laptop? If so, plug it into a wall outlet rather than using battery power, and disable all the "power-saving" features (control panel). Is your sound card plugged into a wall outlet also, or USB powered?

Other than that, not sure what else to suggest. It does seem like a problem with the sound card drivers, but you have already been through the driver uninstall/reinstall several times. Perhaps it is a problem with the sound card hardware itself...

Edit: We posted at the same time. So everything works fine unless you have MIDI In selected? There's weird. Try opening the MIDI Monitor, filtered to MIDI input, and see if anything unusual is happening when you simply play a MIDI file.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 12/21/10 01:19 PM.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. So far I have focussed on Realband but I just tried to start BIAB 2010.5 and then I got the Access Violation error immedeately after loading an existing song that comes with BIAB and press Play! So in BIAB the error occurs anyway, not only when Midi-In driver is selected.
I also tried MME but the error still occurs. By the way, this is a desktop PC (HP Pavilion), not a notebook.

I also uninstalled Windows Media Center in Windows 7 because I heard somewhere it could influence audio on a system. But unfortunately it didnt solve anything.

greetings,

Valentino

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I got the advise from PGMusic support to delete the ini files from both BIAB and RB so i did and then i uninstalled the UA-700 driver, rebooted, installed the UA-700 driver and rebooted again. They advised me to plug off my ROland EXR-5 keyboard so i did.

When I started BIAB I noticed when the Audio Setup dialog appeared and below the dialog I noticed there was a <yes>. near the sample rate 44.1 where i had seen <no>. previously, despite the hardware setting of 44.1 (advance) on the UA-700 control panel!
Perhaps the keyboard as Mini-input caused the sample rate change to an illegal setting causing the violation error?

Valentino

RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Great - so it's working now?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hello Andrew,

No its not working but im quite sure now its a sample rate related problem. I set all devices (both UA-700 and Roland Midi keyboard) back to factory settings and the UA-700 was set to 44.1 Khz on the hardware panel thought the error was still occurring.
I have just bought a Sonar V-Studio 100 as a replacement for the Edirol UA-700. I have just updated the firmware,installed driver (latest 2.0 driver) and software. I havent checked yet how the VS-100 works in conjunction with RB/BIAB.

greetings,

Valentino

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Her is some additional information about this issue :

The error in RealBand 2010.5 build 2 still occurs with the Roland V-Studio 100 with the latest 2.0 driver (Win 7 64)! It is most certainly a sample rate issue. There are a couple of strange things: The reported filetype in Audio is normal set to 16-Bit, 44.1 Khz. After the error occurred its not possible to select an ASIO-driver anymore because this causes another access violation error and hangs the program. What I notice below in the ASIO driver dialog however is a <no> with all optional sample rates including 44.1 Khz. Before the error occurs it reports <yes> at the 44.1 Khz option. Another strange thing is the Midi-Setup. I put VS-100 In and Out on top. Though after the error occured they lowered on the list and the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth is on top. Somehow the program changes the selected Midi In and Out by itself?

greetings,

Valentino

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
While I do not have either of those two devices, I have found that the sound defvices I do have will not work in BB or RB (or PT) if the ASIO device is locked to a fixed samplerate.

I have to go into the Control Panel or whatever the software controls are called by the parent company developers of the sound device - and locate whatever setting they have there that allows the sound device's samplerate to be controlled by the host (BB or RB) program.

Sometimes it is necessary to consult the dreaded User Manual for your sound device(s) to find out how they have implemented this, as there seem to be no standardized references for the "feature". Some mfrs use the term, "locked" and "unlocked" (M-Audio Delta, for example) while others may have something worded a bit differently or even downright cryptic. Still others don't have it at all, preferring to leave the device unlocked at all times - I don't think either of yours are that way as you are getting the error message.

At any rate, now that you've tried two completely different sound devices and get hasically the same error, this is something I'd investigate.

--Mac

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thanks for your reply Mac, much appreceated.

You are correct, under Configuration Screen - Audio - Properties of VS100 1-2 (channels) - Tab Advanced there are the following settings :

Sound set to: 2 channel sound 16-bits, 44100 Hz (CD-Quality)

2 options, both are checked :

[x] Applications can manage this device exclusively

[x] Precede applications in exclusive mode

( Note that I translated this text from a dutch version of Windows )

So it seems that aplications such as BIAB and RB are given credentials here to manage the device by itself?

Valentino

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,717
Posts736,418
Members38,553
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
hughesai, BabzColl, bluejaffa, SLM, Ricki Susic
38,553 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182
rsdean 115
DC Ron 107
Noel96 82
dcuny 76
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.