Go To
#119863 07/05/11 05:46 AM
Off-Topic
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Anyone else having problems when rendering a song? I have a mixture of midi and real tracks including real drums - the songs play fine, but when they have been rendered to burn onto a CD the drums are out of sync. The PC is an i5 processor, lots of RAM, BIAB 2011.5 - help!!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
2011.5 does not yet exist.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
First look under Help -> About and find out exactly what version you really have.

Check it against the pgmusic BIAB updates page to see if you have downloaded and installed the latest Patch Update for your version as there was a known bug like this that got squashed with update releases awhile back.

--Mac

Off-Topic
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
OOps. meant BIAB 2011 build 318. Just downloaded realdrums and realtracks update patches but the rendering problem is still there- the real drums are out of sync on playback thu windows media player, not on the original track in BIAB, must be a rendering issue - any clues/advice?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
What is the audio resolution set to on your soundcard.

And what soundcard?

Are realdrums the only instrument that starts out life as audio vrs midi?

What kind of file are you making? .wav .mp3 ...

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
I'm using the internal soundcard with ASIO drivers (much better sound quality than MME). The songs all play fine directly through BIAB, only mess about when they've been rendered. It isn't always real drums, real guitar can be a bit dodgy too - only happens if I've put a rit in the song (Don't cry for me Argentina), or the drums come in half way through the song (as on Nobody does it better)following a tempo change. I've got several songs which are medley's and playing them 'live' through BIAB works fine. I downloaded the drums set 1 - 121 update patch just now, and the latest build 318 (again) - hasn't helped at all. I'm pretty certain it's a glitch with the software rather than my PC.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi BTS,

What's strikes me most about your post is the different sound quality you hear between ASIO and MME.

I find myself wondering if this might be indicative of something. There shouldn't be any change in sound at all since both ASIO and MME address the same soundcard that produces the sound. ASIO and MME are are simply different paths to exactly the same destination. Where ASIO shines is that it's the shortcut path and, because of this, it reduces lag time when recording, etc.

If this was my problem, the first thing that I'd try is to switch to the MME driver, render a problem song and see if the results are any different. (Note: when you change to MME, it's necessary to exit and re-start BIAB for the change to take effect.)

Out of curiosity, what ASIO driver are you using?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
ASIO4ALL version 2.1

I don't switch between ASIO & MME - ASIO is on all the time. The issue I have is only apparent on songs with tempo changes - if there is a bar that slows down before the real drums come in on the following bar, or if there is a change in the style AND tempo. It seems able to cope ok with style only changes, but not tempo too. As I've said, this issue doesn't exist when playing the song directly through BIAB, only when it's been rendered using the WAV button on BIAB. Rendering appears to occur properly, could it be something to do with the merge - in with midi and audio tracks?

Off-Topic
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Is there any way I can post a demo song onto this forum, both BIAB and rendered so you can hear what I mean?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Boz,

ASIO4ALL is good. I use that too when I want to record and need to reduce the lag to do so. For the rest of the time, though, I have the MME driver going because it seems more robust with Vista/32-bit.

You could upload the song file to Soundcloud.com (accounts are free at the entry level). Then all you need to do is to paste a link in this thread so that others can have a listen to the file.

As mentioned, if this was me, I'd still try rendering with MME activated rather than ASIO - just to confirm that the behavior is identical. I've found that the more information that PG Music support can have the better it is for solving the problem. All that needs to be done is to change the setting to MME; no other parameter needs changing. Once MME has been tried, it's easy to change back to ASIO.

Opt | Preferences | MIDI Driver | Audio Settings

One of the good things about 2011 is that it's possible to save set-up preferences. This is an option under the Opt menu. I highly recommend doing this periodically just in case something happens. It's then really easy to return to the saved preferences if one needs to.

Kind regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Many thanks - I'll give it a try and see if it works. I always used to use MME until I 'discovered' ASIO - I think there is a slight but noticeable improvement in the sounds generated - especially on the brass midi instruments (when compared to the real tracks).

If you don't hear from me within 24 hours - it worked !!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Home page says 2011.5 is hear !

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,713
Posts736,339
Members38,551
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SLM, Ricki Susic, kcowmusic, guylamar2006, John Hunt
38,550 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181
rsdean 113
DC Ron 111
Noel96 81
WaoBand 79
dcuny 74
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.