Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#169185 08/06/12 03:04 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Where I can find some VST or VSTi fiddles or violins? Free is best but I'll take a good price too.

Russ
Anyday above ground is a good day

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

Off-Topic
R
Expert
Expert
R
You can try some of the links on THIS page.

Rachael #169187 08/06/12 03:44 PM
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
That sounds like solo violin that you are looking for. Good luck finding something cheap. Doesn't exist IMO. I have a cut-down version of Garritan Personal Orchestra and there's some o.k. stuff in there but it's not 'fiddle' but mostly legato and staccato stuff of which it's realism is not so hot.

Off-Topic
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
You may want to check out the demos here:

http://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/sound...products_id/209

I don't know exactly what type of synth it is or if it's the type you need. But if it's a true version of the Emu Proteus 2, those modules had some of the best acoustic sounds available. I had the proteus 1, and the sound was excellent. The Proteus 2 was all orchestal sounds with patches for the various playing styles of each instrument (arco, pizz, etc.)

I just came across that site myself, and know nothing about it other than what you can see at the link above. Looks interesting though.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
type in free soundfonts into google, loads of 'em out there worth a look. I'm sure you'll have somthing capable of playing 'em

furry #169190 08/07/12 02:26 AM
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
There's a fiddle in Garritans' World Instruments library. Maybe you can check out the demo at the website and see if it's what you're looking for.

http://www.garritan.com/

yjoh

[i]Music...a joy for life.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

You may want to check out the demos here:

http://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/sound...products_id/209

I don't know exactly what type of synth it is or if it's the type you need. But if it's a true version of the Emu Proteus 2, those modules had some of the best acoustic sounds available. I had the proteus 1, and the sound was excellent. The Proteus 2 was all orchestal sounds with patches for the various playing styles of each instrument (arco, pizz, etc.)

I just came across that site myself, and know nothing about it other than what you can see at the link above. Looks interesting though.

I have a set of five CDs of Soundfonts made from the E-Mu modules from that era, including the Proteus 1 and 2. If you can find them, or if the link above is it--and it looks like it is--I can attest to their quality. They are in the Soundfont 2.0 format.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Ryszard #169192 08/07/12 08:06 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ryzard mentioned the SoundFonts from the Emu products. I've got them, but was never that thrilled with the sounds.

Well, except for the oboe from the Proteus 2 - I loved that sound, when I purchased and S-50 years ago, made sure I sampled that sound before I left the music store...

I spent way too much of my time trolling through the internet for inexpensive SoundFonts - and in particular, looking for the perfect solo violin - I finally gave up and purchased the Garritan Personal Orchestra ($149US), which includes four solo violins. (I waited until New Year's, when they dropped the price to $100US).

Still, I was disappointed with the results. The samples are quite good, but they lacked the "life" that I associated with violins. I eventually figured that I needed a better sound library, so started looking for a better violin library.

I found Quantum Leap's Solo violin ($99US and requires an iLok, which costs an additional $50US). The EastWest Gypsy ($399US) has an excellent violin as well, but isn't inexpensive. In fairness, it's got other instruments as well.

From the examples on YouTube, it became clear that while the samples were very good, it seemed that the sounds "out of the box" weren't that far away from the GPO sounds I already had.

Listening more carefully, I noticed that there were different sorts of effects that really sold the sound, like the "scoop" (where the initial sound starts under the correct pitch, and slides into the pitch) or "portamento" where the note slides from one pitch to the next.

So I spent some time with the GPO violin and learned how to code the various articulations in MIDI. Here's the result. It's not as nice as the more expensive libraries, but it was good enough to convince me to stop looking for something better, and learn how to use what I had.

I'll just suggest that whatever solo violin you get, you won't get the results you want from it until you really get into the sounds and add the articulations.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,779
Posts737,295
Members38,580
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Harlow Davis, limelitevibe, Myra Millan, Nickolas, philou33
38,581 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186