Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#182259 12/01/12 03:19 PM
Off-Topic
Ryszard Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Seems like I haven't heard from him in months, although I checked and it has only been two weeks. Still, I'm used to seeing his non sequiturs all over the forums, all the time. Has anyone checked on him lately? I'd like to know how he's doing.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
+1

I call him CCCC (Cantankerous Crazy Canuck Conley) and I miss him too. John?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
He's OK.Beta tested.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Ryszard Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I am assured by both private and public posts that he is indeed quite well. Thanks, guys. I await his next syllable with great eagerness.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Good!

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Citaat:

He's OK.Beta tested.

Is John Beta tested?

Off-Topic
Ryszard Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
If he was debugged, I don't want to hear about it . . .

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I am assured by both private and public posts that he is indeed quite well. Thanks, guys. I await his
next syllable with great eagerness.

You are assured of more than one syllable unless his wife sits on his hands. John, have you seen Tara?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John was active in beta testing as mentioned. After alpha and beta comes gamma, and I suspect John would tell you he is experienced at that, too.

John is a treasure.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I am. Sort of. I exist.

(Looking at the above Ernest Hemmingway and I have more than a Cuban bar in common.)

Been dragged down a bit. Getting the endocrine system tuned up, dead thyroid and other radiation problems. Non existent voice, foggy brain, and my get up and go, got up and went without me.

Hip replacement in the future, knee not far behind. Can't walk, can't talk and can't spit nickels.

Dragged back from depression, that was hard to pin down.

Thanks for the thoughts, I'm trying, which the wife has been saying for years.

Playing with photography more, still with the brass band, Tuba Christmas at the big indoor market this week, doing a euphonium for that. Trying to be ambi-dextrous, sugary even.

New Dog, old pickup, making a cd for Mom and Dad, music of their memories. Trying to use the accordion on such tunes as "Mountain over the hilltop", and "It is no secret...", stuff such as that. Oh, and that old standard, HellehJulia, I'm a Bum. BTW, order the DVD of that old Movie, Al Jolson and others, which would make a good holiday family movie, horse and buggys in Central Park, and one of the first talking pictures. A great treasure of cinema.

I audited another music course at the University, drove my old GMC pickup with the dog riding shotgun all over campus, and took pictures of harpsichords, Taffelmusik, and walks.

Pushing myself to keep up to 4 miles a day, limping with a stick. Trying to wear out the hip ASAP, I don't want to do it slow in pain for 10 years, get a new one and then too old to chase wimmens. I can swat their canes away now and it's a no contest.

This is a rare no sleep night, just drove 8 hours almost straight south from the Mother in Law's, she fell last week, broke a wrist in 4 places and her pelvis. My wife won't drive at night, and puttered about until it got almost dark. Madness with a method.

Pain saps humour. Trumps smiles. And the pain killers are constipating and that effects humour also.

At least I've escaped the outhouse, as there was no way my puppy was allowed in my Mother in Law's house, so we got the shanty, a smallish log cabin, no pump, no facilities, and no power. Kerosene lantern, wood box stove, and heat beans in a can on the stove for lunch/supper/breakfast. Double bunk beds, traps on the walls, 4 axes, 3 machetes, and a bear gun. No cell phone coverage, no phone line. 3 big 8 foot tall brush piles in a triangle with malatov cocktails ready for emergencies. At 30,000 feet the 3 fires have to be seen as such, stuff you used to learn up north. Can't text the ambulance if you fall and bust a leg.

I'll figure out how to post the google plus photos so you can laugh at me, it's a good time I hear.

Time for one more white pills and listen to jazz divas from Amazon, (good bargain) and try to sleep.

Or some dude reads me Uncle Tom's Cabin in dulcet tones on my Samsung Galaxy phone I got to replace the one I lost for a week until I unpacked the new one and found the old one where I put it but couldn't find it. I'm getting it done up for the wife so we can share photos of our puppy and discuss her bathroom habits with strangers see. Or you don't. I don't a night. Age related.

My buddy to me, "hey, she's a pretty little thing, can't be much over 50".

Me, "Yeah but somewhere is a guy looking and saying to himself, self, why am I putting up with her..)&()&."

Innit the s'trauth eh?

My dentist tells me that the only cure for my tooth problems is implants, one at a time. About 10,000 bucks a tooth. They don't make 1/2 teeth, so I can afford one on the top at first, and one the next year. At that rate I'll look like a hillbilly in just 8 years or so. Mom's Maybally or some such thing, the mouth harp might be my next instrument.

Those daily flights from here to Cuba are starting to look better and better. We leave money there and they let us sit on their sand and drink rough rum. At least it's not -20C.

Thanks for thinking of me.

As for Matt's thing on gamma, I'd hate to see the figures, but was told I had the maximum exposure to the gamma, and I was a test. The glow in the dark thing is fading slowly, but I still have a card says I got this radiation in me and the homeland security alert system at the border can quit flashing while guys with m16's scurry about wondering who called the drill. It happened, I had to test that card. They were so relieved they even let in my baloney sandwich, that normally gets thrown in the Port Huron landfill because if I ate it someone over the border would get mad cow disease from eating American baloney, shipped to Canada, and infected here while inside the package...

It's an interesting world, and small, but I wouldn't want to paint it. Leave that to Waltz Dizzyknee.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John,

you inspire me on many different levels. You seem to have written the book on "keepin' on keepin' on"

But I hope you were kidding about "smattin' away the wimmen's canes." If you weren't, I want to see the video.

;-)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Other JC, here's a challenge fer ya: Your next trip to the Southern Province of Oklahoma, we'll have a power wheelchair race, eh? Mine is a 4-speed and I have never gotten it out of 2nd yet. It will really get both oars in your basic, proverbial, water!

By the by, a kilo bag of white powder (cappuccino mix) made it through Canuck Customs to my cousin, Helen, in Muncton, NB so if you would like a kilo, I'd be pleased to send it. Just PM your mailing address.

Welcome back, CCCC!

PS: Our weather is considerably milder. 65F/15C now, heading to 78F/25C this afternoon. Bring your speedo, sun blocker, and shades. I'll keep the porch lawt own fer y'all, heah, eh?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John, you are one awe-inspiring human being. Big damn manly hugs, and the best of luck to you on all fronts.

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Oh, dear, don't swell my head, make my knee not swell. Anyway a bigger head would mean more place for the crawling bugs to dwell, and as the song says, "...and that a'int good..!"

Toddle along, the more to do the less the ringing in the ears is noticeable. Sang carols at the university this noon, listened to choirs from Bach's music to present..(while even before him to be honest). Playing tonight with a brass sextet, or there might even be 8 of us, don't know. Just a fun farewell gig at a bar we frequent after band on Wednesday nights, an improv thing from little books used in ages past by bands. If you ever see those, snap them up, lots were published monthly so bands had gig music. Good stuff. I have to rummage around, I usually donate music to the university when I buy it, I mean old stuff at flea markets thats in a1 condition. You know if you do that and stamp your name in the front it ends up in a database and you become, 'eventually' perpetual. Now there's a mouthful.

Tomorrow I have nothing planned, so watch for a guy, a dog, a pickup, and a camera. You never know.

I really think there ought to be a pg music sponsored retreat in the warm, sunny, south. We'd have to tell the wives, g/f's, kids, etc. "I have to go, sorry." Oh you can come too...but.

See people are lining up as I type.

See ya. Thanks again.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
How 'bout NC?

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John and I live close enough that I can smell him when the wind is right (or wrong)

Yet we've never met. I'm pretty sure he has met my dad while in the store, but both times I went somewhere he was supposed to be, he didn't show up. His accomplices said he wasn't feeling well. At least one of those times he had no way of knowing I was going to be there so I still can't figure out how he manages to avoid me.

Maybe if I weren't trying to meet him he'd feel better.
<-- blame rharv -->

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I believe he has "muscle" travel ahead and "scope" the joints like Elvis' entourage did for the KING. Those Canucks are very crafty and clever, eh?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I want video of that wheelchair race!! Just thinking how much fun that event could be. Instead of the young babe in the tight capri slacks dropping the scarf to start the back street drag race race we could have a senior citizen wave some orthopedic hose.... put both guys in full protective racing garb...

But we need to make sure both vehicles are in the same class!! Don has the 4 speed model. If John has automatic, I think he gets the nod....

That's a big state, Don. Where are you at? I spent about 9 months in Lawton when I was a soldier. Fortunately my sentence was commuted after those 9 months.... Spent a lot of time in OKC seeing concerts and doing other fun stuff. My dear friend Melissa lives in Newalla close to Tinker AFB.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

That's a big state, Don. Where are you at? I spent about 9 months in Lawton when I was a soldier. Fortunately my sentence was commuted after those 9 months.... Spent a lot of time in OKC seeing concerts and doing other fun stuff. My dear friend Melissa lives in Newalla close to Tinker AFB.

Eddie, I'm about 30 miles South of Tulsa on Hwy 75. Okmulgee, where the OU Technology Department is.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Man, I have a GREAT story from Tulsa. I was headed to Ft Sill and had a whole day left of travel time, so rather than drive that last few hours and get there a day early, I stopped in Tulsa. I got a room at the Holiday Inn and was looking at a paper while eating my dinner in the restaurant and I noticed Chicago was playing. I asked the waitress where that arena was, and it turned out to be right across the street. I went to a phone and called the venue to see if there were tickets available. They told me it was totally sold out. That was early 1973 and they were up to album 5 then, the one with the wood grain cover.

So I went back to my table, and in a few minutes, in walked the guys from Chicago. That was back in the earlier days, still with Terry Kath. I walked over and said something like "Hey I know you guys! I am a big fan." They all shook hands with me and we chatted some. Bobby Lamm asked if I was going to the show. I told them no, that I was from Cleveland and had just come into town and had no idea they were playing, that it was completely sold out, that I had just come back from Vietnam and was on my way to Ft Sill to finish out my time, and that I had about 9 months left to serve.... all the yada yada. Pete Cetera made a joke about the GI haircut... nice guys. So I said "Have a good show" and went back to my table. Lamm gestured to a guy at the next table and they talked a few minutes, and the guy came over to me and said "There may not be tickets left for sale, but you are coming to the show anyway." And he handed me an all area access pass and told me to be across the street at a certain door right at 7pm. Someone met me and let me in and showed me what hallways went where and then I kind of wandered around. That was SO COOL. I was side stage left for a while, went back behind the curtain through the walkway to the other side and hung out on that side for a while. Hung out in the dressing rooms some after the show, drank some beer with them, ate some of the food spread.... quite a night. All they didn't do was pick up my dinner check.... Wish it had been in a time of today technology with cell phone cameras. That will remain one of my highlights of my life.

And that's my only fond memory of Oklahoma. Later that year I married a WAC that I met at Ft Sill. And again I say, that concert is my only fond memory of Oklahoma.....

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,651
Posts735,440
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 176