Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
I notice that when I set volume levels on the thru track the setting is not maintained when I save the file. In addition the pop out status of the thru track is also not maintained when I save the file.

Each time I open the file again, I have to hit + on the thru button (on the RHS of the screen) and I have to reset the volume level...

Is this a bug or a feature?

Thanks!
PK

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I view the Volume Fader setting as a feature. Since the Thru track is likely going to be involved with some sort of MIDI Controller instrument that has its own Volume send, it is better that the Vol be taken from the Controller. When first starting up BB, I have found that just reaching up and moving the Fader on the Controller while the song is playing will send the appropriate MIDI CC7 command to BB.

As for the Thru part of the mixer not sticking from session to session, I'm fairly certain that is the way it is designed to work, but hitting the Thru+ at beginning of each session takes care of that, provided you need to see it. Again, the Fader on my MIDI Controllers serves the same purpose, though, I can look there to see what the setting is.

--Mac

P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
Can anyone at PGmusic tell me which midi control change the volume parameter in the mixer window will respond to? I tried 7 but that didn't make any difference to the volume slider. 11 (Expression) doesn't either. I am using an Edirol PCR-500 and the PCR editor to change and download the program map changes to the keyboard....

Maybe someone in the user community could help, if you have successfully trigger the slider from a keyboard...

thanks in advance.
PK

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
When you move the Fader or Slider on your Controller, does the actual Volume of the Thru change in the speakers?

P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
no, it doesn't, largely because the controller does not have its own sound generation. I use it for input to BiaB on thru to trigger either a realtrack or a dxi/vst midi synth.

In addition I just verified that the keyboard is sending volume control message (7) and that in sonar, a fader responding to this control message moves in accordance with the movement of the physical slider on the keyboard.

My conclusion is that the BiaB implementation for volume control messages does not trigger track based changes. Maybe it only triggers note based changes.. like striking a key.

I will test for pan and reverb shortly. something is not working properly here...

PK

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
What is the brand and model of your controller?

Reason I ask is that it is possible to have the channel outputs and such scrambled from what BB expects. BB has Channel preferences, but it is first best to find out what the particular MIDI Controller in use is, and what its default outputs are, which may just be in need of a Reset over there.

--Mac

P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
its a edirol pcr-500. playing the keys triggers the thru part just fine. i have checked the channel map and set the midi channels correctly for thru..

any ideas?

PK

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I would try a Factory Reset of the keyboard.

Saves pouring thru menus trying to find what may have changed, sometimes things change inadvertently or even on their own over time.

From pg 41 of the User Manual:

Quote:

Here’s how to restore the settings of the PCR keyboard to the state they were in when
the product shipped from the factory.
Press the [EDIT] button so it’s lit.
The display will indicate “EDIT.”
Use the VALUE knob to select “SYS,” and press the [ENTER] button.
Use the VALUE knob to select “SY16,” and press the [ENTER] button.
“RST” will be blinking in the display; press the [ENTER] button.
“YES” will be blinking in the display; press the [ENTER] button.

Fingers Crossed,

--Mac

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,727
Posts736,584
Members38,556
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
davyowdoo, Rogee, John Dharmawan, hughesai, BabzColl
38,556 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 189