Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
Quote:

Hi rlefebvr,

I found this problem in the early days of this version and after trying 10 takes to get base settings of the differences - I decided to record in real time to get the exact Midi/RealTrack balance I needed

I do this using the "What you hear" feature on soundcards like the SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer and others - it takes more time than rendering but you only do it once

You can even do adjustments like decrease/increase volumes or fade endings whilst recording in real time
jazzman

Hold on a minute :-)

I have the same card. ( probably on your recommendation ).

I will have to look in the book, I am not sure what you mean by record in real time.

Do you hit play in BIAB and then hit record in the "What you hear" window in SB or do you record somehow from BIAB.

I also have another question, I bought Coyoye Forte DXi. Do you still use the VST/DXi syth setting in the midi driver setup of BIAB or should I be using some sort of SB setting.

Ron

Expert
Expert
Hi Ron,

"Hold on a minute" - probably around 4 minutes this way!!

The X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card is very powerful and has a lot of features for audio creation and the enhancement of sound - which should be understood to get the best results

With BIAB open I also open the panel in Audio Creation Mode and run a BIAB tune to make sure that the volume settings are correct and various other settings -Reverb-Chorus-Compression-Parametric EQ are all giving me the sound I require - Stop BIAB song

I then hit Play on BIAB to start the tune then press REC on the Audio Creation Panel - after the real time recording has finished press Stop and then from the prompt message either Save to a designated file or Discard - the recording takes place entirely in the Audio Creation Panel and not in BIAB

Providing "What you Hear "is selected in the Recording setup then you get the recording as you want it

This method avoids all the balance problems with rendering levels and between midi and RealTracks and you can also manually fade in and fade out to suit

I do not use Coyote as for my use the sounds are not modern enough and therefore still use VSC DXi as my default soft synth - but having said that I use the bass and drums with RealTracks which also improves the quality of sound of any remaining midi VSC DXi sound

jazzman

BIAB - RealBand - 2022
Windows 10 64
Zoo computer with 7i processor- SSD 1TB -2TB HDD
Roland keyboards
R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
That's what I thought you meant, Jazzman.

That's perfect and it works great.

I have some adjusting to do, but once I have it set up it should work great.

Must of my stuff is old time jazz for trio to practice with, so I only use the bass, drums and some jazz guitar.
I wish I had more options with the clean guitar, but what can you do.

I like to keep the midi base at times, as I find the patterns more useful then the ones from the real tracks, but only if I have to.

It's great on Sundays with the family and friends. Just me and my piano and my virtual band.

Thks for the help

Ron

Expert
Expert
Hi Ron,

Thanks - that's great

Once you have the settings and balance to your liking it will remain quite constant and therefore make this whole process more predictable

Like you I have various musicians around and enjoy days of music delight to which BIAB has contributed hugely to our musical education and enjoyment

I agree with you and have stated many times that some of the midi patterns are very useful when the RealTrack patterns do not get the whole feel - but I am sure that many more RealTracks will follow - but playing with the Realdrums and RealBass is as close as it gets to the real thing

If you would like to PM me then I will let you have an idea of my Audio Creation Control settings

jazzman

BIAB - RealBand - 2022
Windows 10 64
Roland keyboards
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I'm glad I found this post. Thanks to all for the insight. I was having the same problems with rendering to WAV. Some of the tracks were almost non-existant. I couldn't find anything in the manual for making adjustments so I just used the "what u hear" option in WavePad to get by as a quick fix. Little did I know that's the option most of you are using. I got the results I needed. I also have SwitchPlus, so once I have a WAV file, I can convert to just about any other format. The other nice thing about WavePad is that you can edit the file before you save it in case your "timing" was a little off. You can trim the front and end to get rid of any "dead air" or the counting ticks.

Last edited by geetarman; 04/06/09 05:39 AM.
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Automatic "Rendering" is relatively new stuff.

If using MIDI synth(s) that are not DXi -- and capable of the Automatic Render -- you cannot use the "Render". Not if you want to get a wav file of what you are hearing from your synth.

And if you use a *hardware* MIDI synth, the only way to capture that is to arm an audio track and record the playback from end to end.

Which is exactly how studios do it anyway, whether using analog tape or digital pcm equipments.

You get more control that way.

You can do active mixing by adjusting mix controls during the playback to record, too.

--Mac

Expert
Expert
Hi geetarman,

Pleased that you found the way around the same problem and the main area is the unpredictability of the rendering process meaning that you cannot get the same result

However the "What You Hear" method is solid and for me it is quicker in the long run as you record it as it is, with mixtures of Midi and Audio

jazzman

BIAB - RealBand - 2022
Windows 10 64
Roland keyboards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,661
Posts735,538
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L, gman97040
38,531 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173