Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I aim to please! As I heard someone say recently...free speech kind of sucks! smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
I aim to please! As I heard someone say recently...free speech kind of sucks! smile

Free speech does kind of suck, ...... except when it's a vehicle for people to reveal what kind of person they really are on a public forum.

And for the record, I'm all for free speech.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Well, as you of course know, free speech has limits, especially when it is a product forum like this.

And if PG elects to allow trolling like the thread in question I will feel quite fine calling it what it is. Trolling! It is rude and obnoxious and should really not be allowed!

And just for the record, if it was you who asked a question about bluegrass music and then the trolls decided to tell you the music sucked...well I would call them out too!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
You addressed what you saw. The same as anyone else does when they post a comment.

Not necessarily. They saw something, and took it a different direction. That's not the same as addressing my post. They made it their own post...which they should make a different one for.

That's not so much just my opinion as sort of internet society. I get it gets broken all the time, but the people in question I wouldn't think to be that way on purpose. If they knew, I think they wouldn't have done it. That's why I said something. Respect. They are good people in my opinion.

I totally get some people hate modern country...or any other type of music...and they have every right to make a thread about it. I wouldn't stop them...obviously but I also wouldn't jump in on it to say why it's good, or great or whatever. It's their thread for their purpose. I respect that.

There are MANY threads I don't respond to because I don't agree, don't care either way, or have nothing to contribute to the intent of the thread. Again, that's just respect.

Quote:
When you post on a public forum, surely you realize other people have the right to respond?

The right to respond yes. Again, weather or not you should comes from respect. Just because you have the right to do certain things, does't mean you should. Surely you realize that wink

Quote:
Your definition of being rude and mine are obviously entirely different.

Must be. Mine tends to stem from politeness and respect over the ability or right to do something.

Quote:
If you don’t want to allow other people to chime in with their unwelcome opinions then start a blog that doesn’t have a comment section. Or set it up so the comments can’t be posted until they are approved by you.

Well, the nature of the post you referenced was to connect with others on this forum who are doing the same. I found a few, so success.

This thread wasn't about just the thread you referenced...as I pointed out. It's also not just about my threads by a long shot.

I may be wrong, but I feel sometimes drawing attention to issues has people think a bit before jumping in a thread or hijacking it.

That's not to say they shouldn't say whatever they want. Just maybe start a new thread. Some of the comments obviously showed interest in a different subject in the thread I started!

Quote:
From the position of not wanting to hear someone say things you don’t like to hear, … free speech kind of sucks, doesn’t it?

Nah. I think some people do it accidentally without meaning to derail a thread. I don't mind if people have a different opinion that me. That's life and I'm good with that.

Then there are the people who feel the need to jump into threads just to start something. To be the opposing view for the sake of being the opposing view. They get their significance that way, because they don't otherwise in life.

Like the kid with face tattoo's and a bunch of piercings that says "what are you looking at" when you glance their way. It's desperation on their part, and obvious to the rest of the world.

So all good by me. If the this thread makes anyone think a little before hijacking a thread by accident...or I guess, intentionally all good.

If it make someone think before posting a hateful remark. Awesome.

It's the kind of thing I teach my kids, and hope to do myself. I'm guilty of some of what I've said, so don't take it as I'm preaching. Just trying to live a life that I show respect to others.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John3,

Quote:
......for the record, if it was you who asked a question about bluegrass music and then the trolls decided to tell you the music sucked...well I would call them out too!

I don't recall asking a question about bluegrass music and having the "trolls" telling me the music sucked, but if you say it happened then it must be true! Hehe.

Why not go fry yourself a couple of eggs and take a nap to sober up before posting any more comments.

Protein is good for the soul!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
I don't recall asking a question about bluegrass music and having the "trolls" telling me the music sucked, but if you say it happened then it must be true! Hehe.

He wasn't saying that did happen. He was say IF that did happen.

Quote:
Why not go fry yourself a couple of eggs and take a nap to sober up before posting any more comments.

I'm thinking we all should wink

Quote:
Protein is good for the soul!

In some forms, it's tasty too!

Last edited by HearToLearn; 01/22/16 10:51 PM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Well, as you of course know, free speech has limits, especially when it is a product forum like this.

And if PG elects to allow trolling like the thread in question I will feel quite fine calling it what it is. Trolling! It is rude and obnoxious and should really not be allowed!

And just for the record, if it was you who asked a question about bluegrass music and then the trolls decided to tell you the music sucked...well I would call them out too!

100% agree.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn

100% agree.

100% disagree.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Well, ultimately it is PG's forum. They are the God's of this space.

I totally dislike trolling...and there is a reason there is a term for it. It happens.

I'm not looking for anyone to be banned or kicked or really have PG involved in anyway. It's a forum with many people I like. Some I don't. I'm not everyone's cup of tea either. Ha! Sounds like real life!

Anyway, I'm thinking I'm done for the night. We shall see.

Tomorrow's posts on this could be interesting if there are any! LOL

Have a great night.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
HearToLearn,

Quote:
Well, ultimately it is PG's forum. They are the God's of this space.

You really shouldn't have mentioned God or God's here.

Imaginary boogie men are strictly off limits on this forum!!!

As they should be in any adult conversation. smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
If you want to be taken seriously on the PG forums, you could start by using your actual first name instead of a BS name like HearToLearn.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
“I'm not looking for anyone to be banned or kicked.......”

“They get their significance that way, because they don't otherwise in life.”

“HTL”,

First, you may take some comfort in knowing that this is the last comment I will ever make on any of your threads, but since you specifically quoted my comment and characterized it as “trolling” and “rude”, I am unfortunately compelled to respond.

N.B. - This is not an ad hominem attack (although you will probably see it as one grin ), merely an observation. You have, on several occasions, exhibited a singular inability to recognize harmless comments meant to be humorous, instead choosing to take offense when none was intended. To quote the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka..."Lighten up, Francis!" grin

If I have offended your fragile sensibilities, I apologize. Fear not. It won't happen again.

In closing, I think your characterization of Mario's comment as “rude” is beyond the pale. Mario is one of the most friendly, knowledgeable and helpful members here, and I believe you owe him an apology. Just out of “respect”, you know?

I wish you success in all your endeavors.

Regards,

Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
“I'm not looking for anyone to be banned or kicked.......”

What was bad about that? I'm not and I wanted to make that clear. I didn't think it was even close to that type of thing. I simply saw it as letting someone know it was "rude." I didn't even think it was over the line! NOT EVEN CLOSE. Rude has different degrees. 1 be the lightest, and 10 being the worst...maybe maybe maybe a .5 for me. Not 5..."point five"

Quote:
“They get their significance that way, because they don't otherwise in life.”

Wow! This was taken SOOOOOO out of context. This was not "aimed" at you AT ALL. In ANY way, shape or form. I was talking about there being a group of people who are that way. I was NOT even thinking about anyone on this forum what-so-ever.

In fact, if you want to know what I was thinking specifically, it was about a few people I've seen on my daughter's facebook page that do this. I brought it up to my wife, who had talked to me about an article she saw on this AND she see's adult's on her facebook timeline that do this.

Overall though, you are REALLY taking some things I've said out of context. Please re-read it with that perspective.

Quote:
“HTL”,

First, you may take some comfort in knowing that this is the last comment I will ever make on any of your threads, but since you specifically quoted my comment and characterized it as “trolling” and “rude”, I am unfortunately compelled to respond.

N.B. - This is not an ad hominem attack (although you will probably see it as one grin ), merely an observation. You have, on several occasions, exhibited a singular inability to recognize harmless comments meant to be humorous, instead choosing to take offense when none was intended. To quote the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka..."Lighten up, Francis!" grin

Take a step back and maybe take a dose of your own advice about "Lighten up, Francis!" ?

If you felt as though I am someone that takes "harmless comments meant to be humorous" so wrong from previous observations of me...and then do the very thing you've seen me supposedly react to...I will just say that strikes me as rude. Look up "trolling." That is what it is.

Quote:
If I have offended your fragile sensibilities, I apologize. Fear not. It won't happen again.

This feels a bit like an insult wrapped in an apology...that isn't meant. I may be totally off on that, of course. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and put it on me being defensive. No sarcasm intended.

Quote:
In closing, I think your characterization of Mario's comment as “rude” is beyond the pale. Mario is one of the most friendly, knowledgeable and helpful members here, and I believe you owe him an apology. Just out of “respect”, you know?

It is actually considered rude to "hijack" a thread as it's known. I repeatedly said that I don't think Mario meant anything of the kind in doing so. Of course, you seem to be missing that completely. I agree with you! I find him to be extremely genuine, thoughtful, insightful and an all-around "good guy!"

If me pointing out that hijacking a thread (intentional or not) is rude offended him in any way, then I truly apologize.

To clarify further, this was NOT just about my threads! It's something I've seen as of late. I thought all of this was explained, but apparently not well enough.

Specifically about your comment thought...

The first read of your @#$^%# comment had me taken back. The next one brought the response right under it...my attempt at humor. Probably not funny though. I'm not sure if you missed it?

My fear was your comment was going to bring the conversation in the direction it went. A thread about "what's not to like about modern country music" instead of "who here is working on it."

Quote:

I wish you success in all your endeavors.

Thank you. The same to you! And, believe it or not, I do welcome your comments BIG TIME.

One last thing, keep in mind that I get comments like this...

Quote:
If you want to be taken seriously on the PG forums, you could start by using your actual first name instead of a BS name like HearToLearn.

So, sometimes a comment from one person can affect my view of a comment from someone else. That's my fault for maybe carrying "tone" form one person to the next comments from someone.

Last edited by HearToLearn; 01/23/16 05:22 AM.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hear To Learn: Could it just be that you are not wired to detect sarcasm as such? I know a couple of folks like that and they take everything I say at face value -- which with me is NOT a good idea!

Personally I think your original premise and title is not flying too well in this thread. Maybe just setting it aside and not feel the need to defend every word and refute every misunderstanding may be the best course of action here.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
Hear To Learn: Could it just be that you are not wired to detect sarcasm as such? I know a couple of folks like that and they take everything I say at face value -- which with me is NOT a good idea!

Ha! It's funny you say that, and here's what happened...

First, I'm actually very good at detecting sarcasm...when it's spoken! Typed...probably not so much!

Further proof, was in responding to your thread, I was going to make a sarcastic comment, but kept editing BECAUSE I didn't want it to be taken the wrong way. "Wait...what if he thinks I'm serious." So...I'm guessing I probably take things at face value too much on here.

Thanks for noticing that! VERY helpful!

Quote:

Personally I think your original premise and title is not flying too well in this thread. Maybe just setting it aside and not feel the need to defend every word and refute every misunderstanding may be the best course of action here.

Probably a good idea! Ok, it's a great idea! I think i struggle with it here simply because I feel very misunderstood...just here though. In face to face communication, I don't run into these situations!

Again, that's on me!

Thanks! smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ok, I have an idea for something I have never heard of...which probably means A LOT of people have had the same idea!

I've heard of people "bumping up" their thread so that people see it.

How the hell do you "bump it down?" smile Like to the year 2011 down? grin

How would THAT be for a feature?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sheeesh! It's the net. The flame wars in the early days make today's "offensive" remarks seem like motivational speaker blather. Trolls and flamers dominated the early boards and nearly eviscerating one another was too many folk's game. Should anything really get outa hand here there are moderators available who IMO do a great job. I'm a mod on another board. This community is relatively mellow.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"The Old Grey Mare She Ain't What She Used To Be" an old song title that sort of sums it up to me. But still the best place on the net to get info/support on my favorite music software, and of course where I have met many people over the past 10 years or so that I am still proud to call friend.

Later,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
HTL,

I find it more interesting to read a thread where everyone who feels like adding something participates. What most people do is just bring the conversation back to what they want to talk about or let it evolve into where ever it goes - you know - like how having a REAL conversation with REAL people naturally flows in REAL life.

So let's get REAL here HTL. It's not like you have never gone off on a different tangent of what was being originally discussed in a thread conversation. smile

BTW, it was honorable of Mario to apologize in your other thread although I thought it certainly wasn't necessary for this blown out of proportion pettiness of one forum pot deciding to call the other kettles black.

I find this thread rude, there ya go. grin

But hey it sure got lots of attention.

Degrees of rude, now that was classic. LOL! Like a small coincidence vs. a big coincidence. Reminds me of a Seinfeld sketch. LOL!

Of course I don't mean any of this in a bad way. wink I certainly wouldn't want to be saying the wrong thing here and risk being 3rd degree rude....

Have a great weekend.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
my two cents:

On forums filled with a lot of different personalities, nationalities, religions, political preferences, income levels, living conditions and points of view..... it is virtually impossible to communicate for long without being misunderstood by somebody. And nobody likes to be misunderstood. So what does a person do?

Trying to explain what was really meant usually just spins the misunderstanding off in a whole new direction.

Responding defensively has approximately the same effect, with the added effect of risking real offense on top of any imagined ones.

My opinion (and I present it as that, not as anything more) is that the most healthy forum interaction happens when people are OK with putting their opinions on the table and letting others respond candidly. Yes, there are times when choking back the urge to respond to a reply we didn't anticipate is durn near impossible... but it's just about the only way to avoid throwing gasoline on a spark.

In the final analysis, everybody is entitled to his/her point of view. We may as well get used to that idea and maybe even embrace it. Its OK (and maybe even highly desirable)that we all see life differently.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,729
Posts736,610
Members38,558
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Juha, davyowdoo, Rogee, John Dharmawan, hughesai
38,557 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197