I'm attempting to create a melody in a particular key to a set of defined rules. Just a melody and not chords as I can enter them myself e.g. a I V V I over a 4 bar progression.

The available melodist files in the selection box on the left are not suitable for what I need and I see there is a facility to create a melody file.

I've had a go at this using the melodist editor but it seems dependent on using one of the pre-created melody styles.

My question is: Is it possible to create an .ST2 (melody style) file as a user in the same way that a .STY (BIAB Style) file can be created. If so (and you can't copy a .ST2 and rename it as .STY - I tried that), does anyone know where's the best place to look for a tutorial on creating / editing .ST2 files (as opposed to how to use the melodist).

I suspect this is not possible as the .ST2 files are possibly proprietary and commercial entities, but if you can create / modify a .STY, then why not a .ST2. Could this be a feature that might be available in the future or does this already exist and I'm missing something?

Cheers.
Mike

Mike.

SongBrain - AI Generator
Shiny Emeralds - Latest Single

Win 10 Home 64bit - Ryzen7 3700x / 32Gb
BIAB / RB 2024 For Windows
EWQL Composer Cloud X