Go To
#405134 04/03/17 08:34 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
I
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I
I don't use Band in a Box to gig but maybe some of you do and I think this could help you guys out. The idea I have in mind is to have a "setlist" like feature. So, with "setlist", you would be able to pick the songs in the order that you want to play them and the number of songs and have them loaded before you go to your gig, or open mic night, and to the order of the sheet music: unlike the jukebox where it randomly selects the tracks for you. What makes this an even better option is thart if you are performing the same setlist, is that if you decide to preforme the same setlist, but you now preform as a duo or trio you can just mute the Real Tracks you would normaly use as a soloist, and you if you have more than one style of the same song, you could even rearrange your setlist with different types of backings of the same song on the fly. So, if you normally preform Brown Eyed Girl as a rock song, and have to do it as a reggae tune, all you would need to do is add your reggae version into the setlist and you're good to go.

So, what do you think? Would this be something you guys would like to see?

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer
Island Soul #405191 04/03/17 02:42 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I just make a folder inside BIAB (F3) with tunes I want and the order that I want. That works for me. Control-T will bring up the mixer where I can mute instruments.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Island Soul #405192 04/03/17 02:55 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Or just use the Jukebox function.
You can save multiple sets as .fso files.

Lloyd S #405206 04/03/17 06:12 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
OP said Jukebox chose tunes randomly. I don't know. Never use it.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Lloyd S #405209 04/03/17 07:14 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
There's a bug in the jukebox. You can go forward, but you can only go backwards in the list a certain amount and then it just keeps repeating the last two songs. Has been reported, but not fixed yet AFAIK.

Anyway, back to the O/P's suggestion.
+1

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
raymb1 #405231 04/04/17 12:55 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
I
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I
Originally Posted By: raymb1
I just make a folder inside BIAB (F3) with tunes I want and the order that I want. That works for me. Control-T will bring up the mixer where I can mute instruments.

Please note that I use Band in a Box for Mac, so I have no idea how that works for Mac.

music producer/engineer
Lloyd S #405266 04/04/17 04:42 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
I
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I
Originally Posted By: Lloyd S
Or just use the Jukebox function.
You can save multiple sets as .fso files.

Can you show me how that is done? I envisioned more of having a button next to the jukebox buttonwhere you could have a box pop up that would allow you to organize the songs you wanted to play within Band in a Box, for people who wanted to keep things simple. All you need to from there is just click on the setlist button and it would start play the songs in the order, and you would be all set. I also envisioned the user to have the ability to have muliple setlist with customizable names, and possible colors, so the user could easily find the right setlist for the gig. Agian, I don't gig using Band in a Box, I gig with an iPod and therefore, I have no experience use Band in a Box live.

music producer/engineer
Island Soul #405305 04/04/17 08:41 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Just wanted to correct a minor misconception in the original post above -
The playlist of the Jukebox isn't 'random' unless you set it up that way yourself. It's normally alphabetical, so if someone wanted the songs to be set up in a specific order that isn't alphabetical, the quickest way would be to rename them with a number at the start (so that the song you want to come first will have "1" at the start of its name and so on).
As for saving/loading the Jukebox list, this seems to be (yet another thing) only available for PC versions. The Jukebox on Mac is clearly far more limited.

So this gets my +1 for "increase the capabilities and features of Jukebox".

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
Island Soul #405532 04/05/17 03:59 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Apprentice
Apprentice
I set up playlists without changing the names of songs by doing the following:
1. Click on the bottom half of the Song button (or enter Shift + F3), then select Favorites.
2. Use the buttons on right (Append, Insert, Up, Down, etc.) to arrange the set as desired. No numbers before song titles are needed.
3. Save the set (all you have to do is name it). To load it later, just click on "Load Set" and select the desired set.

Then I play these songs in a Jukebox mode by clicking on the bottom button on the right side of the same Favorite Songs dialog box ("Juke...") and then "Play Jukebox" on the dialog box that pops up. I use an automatic pause after each song by going to Prefs>Arrange, and make sure the box is checked beside "Pause Play Until MIDI or Key received".

I use a footswitch to start each song whenever I'm ready; they will automatically load and wait for your command to begin playing. You can order a programmable USB footswitch for about $39 plus shipping from Delcom at http://www.delcomproducts.com/productdetails.asp?productnum=803650. It works great.

In BIAB Prefs, I have the spacebar set to "Play from start." I program the footswitch to replicate the spacebar.

Good luck!

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz
1manband #405605 04/06/17 04:02 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 1manband
I set up playlists without changing the names of songs by doing the following..
This looks promising, am going to check how well this matches the Mac end of the spectrum.
Thanks for the tip cool

Icelander #407700 04/16/17 10:48 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Apprentice
Apprentice
I failed to mention that when you click on "JUKE" you need to make sure the box for "Random Order Playback" is unchecked! I think the default setting is checked.

So the corrected complete instructions are:

I set up playlists without changing the names of songs by doing the following:
1. Click on the bottom half of the Song button then Favorite Songs (or just enter Shift + F3, I find that easier).
2. Use the buttons on right (Append, Insert, Up, Down, etc.) to arrange the set as desired. No numbers before song titles are needed.
3. Save the set (all you have to do is name it). To load it later, just click on "Load Set" and select the desired set.

Then I play these songs in a Jukebox mode by clicking on the bottom button on the right side of the same Favorite Songs dialog box ("Juke..."), make sure the box for "Random Order Playback" is unchecked, and then "Play Jukebox" on the dialog box that pops up. I use an automatic pause after each song by going to Prefs>Arrange, and make sure the box is checked beside "Pause Play Until MIDI or Key received".

I use a footswitch to start each song whenever I'm ready; they will automatically load and wait for your command to begin playing. You can order a programmable USB footswitch for about $39 plus shipping from Delcom at http://www.delcomproducts.com/productdetails.asp?productnum=803650. It works great.

In BIAB Prefs, I have the spacebar set to "Play from start." I program the footswitch to replicate the spacebar.

Good luck!

Jim

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz
Island Soul #407737 04/16/17 02:26 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
That was very detailed and thorough, I'll give you that. Unfortunately, as we established already, almost 99% of what you've outlined there just is not available to Mac users (which the OP already said he is!). So your efforts, while certainly informative and educational for the masses, were rather in vain here frown

Icelander #407820 04/17/17 08:26 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Apprentice
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: Icelander
as we established already, almost 99% of what you've outlined there just is not available to Mac users frown

I was unaware that this was "established." You said previously you were going to check it out, but I never saw the results or your conclusion. Since I don't use a Mac, I have no way of knowing what is different.

It's unfortunate that the Mac version doesn't offer this capability (yet). Maybe someday...

Jim

Island Soul #408021 04/18/17 07:01 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
My bad, I had completely forgotten about my second post to this thread eek
But the bottom line still remains the same: On the Mac there are absolutely no options to save a playlist of songs in any way, shape or form, be it for the Jukebox or otherwise! smirk

1manband #408688 04/21/17 08:25 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
I
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I
Originally Posted By: 1manband
Originally Posted By: Icelander
as we established already, almost 99% of what you've outlined there just is not available to Mac users frown

I was unaware that this was "established." You said previously you were going to check it out, but I never saw the results or your conclusion. Since I don't use a Mac, I have no way of knowing what is different.

It's unfortunate that the Mac version doesn't offer this capability (yet). Maybe someday...

80% of what the Windows users get, Mac users never get. We usually get a stripped down version of BIAB for what ever odd reason, and I have never understand it at all. We did not get the 1st 2nd coda, tag thing until BIAB 2016, and there is away to export xml files but it is hard to figure out how to do. It's like PG Music give Mac users the buffet version with a little a bit of stuff thrown here and there while the Windows users get the steak dinner with all the trimmings. Back to the jukebox, the Mac version just plays the songs at random, and I have no idea how to change it.

Last edited by Islansoul; 04/21/17 09:50 AM.

music producer/engineer
Island Soul #408743 04/21/17 01:50 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
80% of what the Windows users get, Mac users never get.

I don't know what exact features that the Mac version has, but I'm surprised that it would only do 20% of what the Windows version does. That's a really significant difference. Are you sure about that figure?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Island Soul #408749 04/21/17 02:45 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Of course he isn't, for that simply is a statement made from sentiment rather than hard facts.

And making gross overstatements like that is not helping the cause either, if you ask me smirk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,641
Posts735,358
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182
DC Ron 98
dcuny 89
DrDan 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.