Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Using Style _NWORMRG.STY (New Orleans Mardi Gras 16ths), upon initial generation (or subsequent) produces a "Beat Map Stretcher was unable to load in the WAV file" error message, then substitutes a midi track for the style default Real Drum track"NewOrleansMardiGras16ths". There are six variations to this Real Drum track. My preference setting is to sub a midi style if RD is not found, hence the mid substitution.

Performing a complete rebuild for styles is of no avail. Interesting though, the error refers to a .wav file. Should a .wma file be referenced (since I am not using the audiophile version)?

I am using BBW 2018, PlusPAK Upgrade (previous edition was 2017) Everything PAK, build 520 (non-audiophile version) BBW. I wonder if the _NWORMG.STY is incorrectly referencing a .wav file for the Real Drum Track. Using the 8ths version of the Real Drum style (i.e., re-assigning the Real Drum Track in the song track to the 8ths version) works. However, the 8ths RD is not RD I want for the Song Style.

Have been in touch with Kent of PG Music a couple of days ago, and he is looking into it. Just wondered if anyone else using the non-audiophile version who has _NWORMG.STY can reproduce the error.

Thanks,
Richard

Postscript. It would be nice if the flash error log listed the the filename that was not found...

Last edited by rich in ca; 09/23/18 08:12 AM. Reason: added a post script
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
The pic below is from the Audiophile version. What tempo are you using as there is only one tempo in those drums.
Have you got the wma file ? can you drag it into RealBand or your DAW ?

EDIT: mine still works with the wav file removed.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
NewOrleansMardiGras16ths.png (13.99 KB, 109 downloads)
Last edited by Pipeline; 09/22/18 07:58 PM.
J
Expert
Online Content
Expert
J
There is a problem here in choosing drum sub-styles

Here is what I get (I have all the latest patches bla bla bla)

Have not figured out how to paste a image yet to I just put a dropbox link to the error message.

Substyle01 - No problem
Substyle02 - Error Messages
Substyle03 - No problem
Substyle04 - No problem
Substyle05 - No song count-in at all
Substyle06 - No problem

Let tech support sort it out and release an upgrade patch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4ot8ya5mfohvlp/2018-09-23_8-58-43.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by jcland; 09/23/18 04:33 AM.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
It is missing NewOrleansSync^_170_Style.wma.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-Missing-Drums-170.png (157.34 KB, 85 downloads)
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Thanks Pipline and jcland for your responses.

Pipeline- I do have the .wma file (NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^_085_Style.wma), but as expected, do not have the .wav version. I can copy/drag the .wma file and it appears to play correctly in other apps. Tempo is at the default 85 bpm. I'm inclined to think that the parent style (in my case) is incorrectly referencing a .wav file.

jcland- In my case, none of the variants for the RD work, and produce the same "Beat Map..." error.

Selecting the RD NewOrleansMardiGras8ths generates and plays correctly. However, earlier I thought the export error was related to the 16ths style, but it is also produced by the 8ths RD as well (see below) . The export is apparently successful when played back (I have not analyzed in detail). Seems that will be a new topic.

Rendering succeeded! [2018.520.0, 9/23/2018 9:10:50 AM]
Audio Conversion Error: Media Foundation failed to convert to .mp3. Trying alternate conversion method... The error number is -1072868846 [2018.520.0, 9/23/2018 9:10:44 AM]

To insert an image into a post, Click File Manager in the Post Options section of the post

Inserting an Image into a post.PNG (5.68 KB, 83 downloads)
MardiGras Style 8ths works.PNG (33.71 KB, 83 downloads)
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Ok I see the problem.
Here's how to fix it:

Open \bb\Drums\NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^\NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^02-S,R\NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^02-S,R_085_Style.txt

and change

wavename=NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^02-S,R_085_Style.wav
to
wavename=NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^_085_Style.wav

or comment it out
;wavename=NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^02-S,R_085_Style.wav

J
Expert
Online Content
Expert
J
Worked like a champ Pipeline. Thanks

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Thanks pipeline,

I added the revised line:
;wavename=NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^02-S,R_085_Style.wav

(commenting out the original and adding the revised line.

Unfortunately, I get the same error. I did notice though, there is a file "NewOrleansSync^02-SnrGrv,4SnRd_170_Style.txt" that is also listed in each of the variant folders, but the _170_Style.wav listed in the variant ..._170_Style.txt files in the 16ths RD is not in the parent 16ths folder. However, the 8ths version of the MardiGras style contains the reference to the _170_Style "NewOrleansMardiGras8ths^_170_Style.wma" in the parent 8ths folder (NewOrleansMardiGras8ths^).

This leads me to two questions: (1) Does BB automatically search for .wma files if the BBW is not the audiophile version (it appears so, because it seems all the RD's are .wma's) leading me to believe the reference is programmatically enforced to wma's;

and (2) is the inclusion in the NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^ folder of NewOrleansSync^01-SnrGrv,4SnHt_170_Style.txt and other variants that reference _170_Style.wav causing the wave not found, as the parent 16ths folder does not contain the _170_Style.wav. So, I guess I could copy and add the _170_Style.waf to the 16th's parent folder, or Should the 16ths variant folders even contain the ..._170...txt files?

Thanks,

Richard

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Yes that was this first thing I found above that's why I asked if you were on a higher tempo:
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
It is missing NewOrleansSync^_170_Style.wma.

I haven't tried this but it should work,
try copy NewOrleansMardiGras8ths^02-S,R_170_Style.txt
from
:\bb\Drums\NewOrleansMardiGras8ths^\NewOrleansMardiGras8ths^02-S,R
to
:\bb\Drums\NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^\NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^02-S,R
and rename it
NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^02-S,R_170_Style.txt
and point the text file to
wavname=NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^_170_Style.wav

and NewOrleansMardiGras8ths^_170_Style.wma
from
:\bb\Drums\NewOrleansMardiGras8ths^
to
:\bb\Drums\NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^
and rename it
NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^_170_Style.wma

So when the tempo is higher it will be using the 8ths same as if you use the 16th at double-time.
If that works do the other sub styles.

BB looks for a wav if there's no wav it looks for wma.

R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Hi Pipeline,

I tried your last suggestions, but did not work for me. Also, I selected other RD styles for the use in _NWORMRG.STY and here are the results for the drum track (only tested with the default or default variation if more available):

FunkNewOrleansSw16: Works
NewOrleansBoogie^: Works
NewOrleansMardiGras8ths^: works
NewOrleansShuffle^: Does Not work (same Beat ...Not Found)
NewOrleansSwinginPop^: Works

Unfortunately, the others that work don't have the feel I'm looking for.

Thanks again for your help

Richard

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I'm back now so I can try it. What tempo are you using ?

R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
85...Pipeline...thanks for your help. I'm going to go on to a different style for this song. Found one that will work close to the feel I wanted.

I'll put in a wish list item for PG Music to make the Beat Stretch file not found more informative (i.e., list the file(s) not found.

But I surely appreciate your help (and jcland too).

Testing is a tough game, and perhaps some automated script testing would be of use (if that is possible in BBW). Then regression testing using scripts may free up time for other testing approaches as well (we still need the humans that can flesh out all sorts of issues).

Richard

Last edited by rich in ca; 09/23/18 03:50 PM. Reason: Afterthoughts
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Kent (PG Support) provided download links to reinstall Real Track Sets 223 and 224. Performed the reinstall and verified this solves the issues with the style and associated Real Drums, including the variant RD Styles.

Thanks Kent

K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Glad I could help!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,550
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 164