Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hello Everyone!
Just got home this morning from the hospital from having a heart catheterization and a stent put in.

I'm doing well at the moment, but for my relatives and friends I have chronicled my health issues, etc., on an easy BLOG website. If you're interested in reading about it all, here is the link:

MY BLOG

Forty-six (46) years of smoking has caught up with me, and even though I quit smoking in March of this year, the damage I have done will TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY.

Your prayers are welcomed!

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Hang in there Ray. I smoked for 22 years. Have had several caths, a stent and a bypass back in 1997. I was fortunately to quit before much lung damage.

Anyhow, my heart function has increased over the last 12 years. It was slow for a while and then improved steadily after that.

I'm sure you are keeping in close contact with "The Great Physician."

Don S.

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Be compliant as you can, good diet, moderate excercise, the whole drill.

Good report on the O2 level after the walk, keep up the walking, one day at a time, bro.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
You're lucky you are with us....

I had a heart attack in '87 = triple bypass
QUIT SMOKING IMMDIATELY!! But the leg veins did not hold up with me, as they don't with many others.
6 months later the two leg veins "finished" closing...kept telling me for years that my
continuing angina was just stress-induced (Bull Crap!), until they finally agreed to another cath
in '95....ooops, they're long closed. Sorry.

2000 with only mamary artery bypass working for years, increased angina...
Catheter lab shows mammary artery over 90% closed in two spots...

2000= two stents to solve above problem.
Getting dizzy spells driving down to my new place in Florida...getting concerned, of course...

2003 pulse rate down to 45.....doctors say, "cut down on attenolol which slows heart up...."
still low pulse rate with heart medicine modification....so, in
11/2003 - put in pace-maker/defibrillizer....
Upper chamber uses jolt from pacemaker 75% of time to keep things swingin' at 90 BPM
SOLID!! POTATO SOLID!!
Now...
I refuse to get stressed by simple things.
Smokers can go outside and smoke, thank you...
Take the heart medicine and STAY moderate activity...76 next Feb, and I plan to still be reading charts!
Oh....the diabetis type-two they diagnosed in 04...just watch your diet and take those pills religiously.

Did they give you a choice of by-pass or stent????
Anyway, I had a choice of one or another...the doctors in '87 said bypass was the best route. That was way before the "reinforced" stents they use today. In those days you were lucky if a stent lasted a couple of yrs.

Yamaha...Motif ES-8, Motif Rack, CS6X
Korg...Karma,Triton Classic, PA-80, M-1+
AkaiSampler-S5000, Roland.. X5080 Rack/G-1000 Arranger
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Thanks for sharing Ray. Hope you are on the mend.

My website to hear my stuff-

http://www.edbulmer.com/

guitar player, vocalist, sailor
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Ray, sorry to hear about the health problems. It seems the older I get the more friends start having issues. Hopefully mine are over with for a good while. I wish you the best on the road to recovery, at least now you'll have some rest time to spend on the forum

Robert

Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
Do what you can and keep praying. The Potter makes each vessel for His purpose.The pot can't tell the potter what to make. As a potter, myself, I have learned the complexity of the different clays I use and some of the uses therein, but mine is a dim shadow of what Christ works with, in us.
Wyndham

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Man oh man. Good thoughts and good luck with all that, Ray.

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Ray,
Glad to see you're back & doing well.
I'm also happy that you think enough of us to keep us in your life.
Follow instructions & continue prayer. (good Rx)
You are in my prayers.

Mick

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
G'day Ray,
Quote:

Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

May I encourage you to have a merry heart. Your joy in music is a good start.

Blessya mate.

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Whazzzup, Ray.....

Hope you're smellin' the roses today.
Remember, Roses are Blooming in Piccardy alzo!

Keep us abreast of youR progress MAY IT BE AS SWIFT AS A RIFF!!...and I know you must be
feeling very much better with the stents!!

Above all...kick the weed habit...you don't need any more hassle!!

Yamaha...Motif ES-8, Motif Rack, CS6X
Korg...Karma,Triton Classic, PA-80, M-1+
AkaiSampler-S5000, Roland.. X5080 Rack/G-1000 Arranger
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quad bypass and a few years 4 stents life does go on

may you have many more biab & realband upgrades to play with

take it slow

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hang in there Ray, I had 5 by-passes about 9 years or so ago and if not for the scars I would not even think I was ever sick.

On a side not I have one cousin who has had so many stents I kid him by telling him that if Sam's or Costco ever sell them in bulk he should be able to do the procedure himself!

Later,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, Ray!

Take it easy and get better soon

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank you, Everyone.. for your kind words, encouragement, wishes and prayers.

I'm feeling better today, although I am still a little stiff and I'm bruised black and blue badly in the groin area. It's like they beat the dickens out of me in that cath lab.

For some of you who mentioned it, yes I've quit smoking... stopped in March 2009 this year when the price went through the roof and I was coughing so badly at times I was getting strangled. I knew then it was definitely time to quit and I did. I haven't smoked one at all --- I haven't cheated the first time. I'm done with them.

My doctor suggested a lung transplant and I dismissed that idea quickly. I was given a good set of lungs and over the years I chose to trash and destroy those precious lungs. Now it's time to pay the price. Why should I get some young person's good lungs when I've destroyed mine with smoking. It isn't fair. I'd rather someone that needs a lung transplant and did nothing harmful to themselves to destroy theirs to get the new ones. I don't deserve another set --- it's not fair.

I'm feeling so much better. I'm breathing better. And now the cardiologist doesn't think that I have pulmonary hypertension as bad as my pulmonologist may have thought. My shortness of breath was dramatically caused by the blocked Right Coronary Artery (90% blocked). Now it's open with a PROMUS stent by Boston Scientific.

Thanks again for all your prayers, best wishes, encouragement and caring. I miss you all very much, but right now I'm just not doing any recording. Perhaps though now I can start thinking about it, as I might be able to sing a song now without going out of breath. We'll see.

Love to you all. Bless you!!

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Wise decision, not going for the lung transplant IMO.

Looks like the results are backing your decision up well, too, Ray.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ray,

Sounds like you are on the right track. But keep in mind that the Good Lord would not make medical help available (i.e. transplant) if he thought you were not deserving. Don't sell yourself short partner as we have all made some decisions over the years that has adversely affected our health. Do what you can to do better and let the "Man Upstairs" send you any help he can, then accept it graciously and without trepidation.

Hang in there man,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

It's like they beat the dickens out of me in that cath lab.

Just tuned in to this thread, and I wish you all the best, Ray. My experience in the cath lab was the same! I swear, they dropped me, though I wasn't aware of it at the time. The black & blue goes away in less than a week. Growing the hair back takes longer...

Best wishes,

matt

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hang in there Ray. Every day that you don't smoke, your lungs get stronger and pinker. You may not get the function back that you've already lost, but what you have will become more efficient. Like Mac says, DO WHAT THE DOC TELLS YOU TO DO, adopt a healthy lifestyle, and never smoke again.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Happy Victoria Day! (Monday, May 20th)

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th!

Our availability through this long weekend is:

Saturday, May 18: Closed
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 22: 6am-6pm PT

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,808
Posts737,533
Members38,590
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
JumpinJackP, xristos69, Eliana Davis, Nao incomodem mais, minimashi
38,589 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 160