#629373 12/11/20 05:55 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
I dont know what I will have changed in my settings (as usual!), but I get an Exception screen when opening BiaB
(1) followed by an app-error(2), and BiaB opens on a midi song with no title which seems to be the problem.

When I clik ok, the 2 screens disapear and I can load/play any song...

This would not be that big problem, but, at the same time,the black cursor usually following the chords of a song playing (and showing the beats) have disapeared...

I have re-installed BiaB and as it didnt change anything, I have made a return to factory sttings, with no effect either.

As this would not suffice, I still get when loading a new song the yellow flag (3) that has been mentioned by other users...

Which solution do you see?
Bernard

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BiaB1.jpg (137.74 KB, 217 downloads)
BiaB2.jpg (137.38 KB, 217 downloads)
BiaB3.jpg (312.11 KB, 217 downloads)
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
If you get an error like that (an access violation that is), then program likely wouldn't function properly afterwards and should be restarted.

(1) Try selecting a 'Default synth' / make sure that 'none' is not selected... You can do this via Options | driver setup | VSTi/DXi synth. e.g. select Coyote Wavetable.

(2) As an experiment, does the program boot up without the error message if you add a file called safemode.txt to the Preferences folder (just a test, you should delete the file after).

(3) If possible, please attach a text file with the error report to your reply, using the File Manager.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
I had a similar error message. I would get it every time I started the program. It didn't matter if I launched normally or as administrator.

I went to "Options", "Return to Factory Settings".

Everything is fine now!

Marcus2323
Rizen 7 2700X, Radeon RX58700 XT Video,
Presonus Studio 192,
Republic of Gaming 8350-F Motherboard,
16Gbs of ram
Windows 10 Home
B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
I seem to have the same problem as the guys after me in this forum, I cannot set the default synth that I would like to...

First, the problem with the opening screens seem to be caused by the fact that, on opening, BiaB opens on a midi song without title or style (photo BiaB5). This seems to cause the reported alert screens.
Second, I am not able to select any Synth as a default synth (although I check that the plug-ins are not under the exclude folder... I would like to set Sforzando or Forte as the default synth and it does not work.
So, I am "stuck"...
Bernard

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BiaB4.jpg (237.56 KB, 163 downloads)
BiaB5.jpg (105.12 KB, 162 downloads)
BiaB65.jpg (166.75 KB, 163 downloads)
B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
By the way, I have tried the "open as an administrator"
ploy, does not change anything...
I am working on the "add text in the preference folder"
trick.. Let you know soon...

B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
No, I have included the text within the preference folder and I get a red frame with "Safe mode" in the opening BiaB logo, but BiaB still opens on the known alert, as well as the midi file without title or style...

Veteran
Veteran
Hi Bernard,

I don't know if this is part of your problem but Sforzando cannot be used as the default synth because it is a "only one instrument at a time synth". The default synth needs to be multichannel and General MIDI so that BIAB can access the different MIDI tracks simultaneously.

As a test, try setting CoyoteWT as your default synth and see if that works. Once we have that working, then we can try to get Coyote Forte up and running.

The graphic below shows how I set up CoyoteWT.

Regards,
Noel

COYOTE WT SETUP 2021.JPG (71.86 KB, 140 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Bernard,

... then we can try to get Coyote Forte up and running.

Regards,
Noel

We concluded a year ago that Coyte Forte DXi would not run in BIAB64bit. I won't ask if something as changed... crazy but will ask if you know that it will now work?

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Expert
Expert
Think its an older Biab !!

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

DrDan #629508 12/11/20 03:37 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
We concluded a year ago that Coyte Forte DXi would not run in BIAB64bit. I won't ask if something as changed... but will ask if you know that it will now work?

Hi Dan,

Nothing has changed. I was just being general at the moment. I don't know the full details of what he's running or if he's tried both 32 & 64 bit versions.

Sorry.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Bernard,

Also... if you can open BIAB, see if you can run "Options | Preferences" and change the following setting so that neither a song nor a style is loaded when BIAB starts.

boot up do not load style or song.JPG (52.57 KB, 121 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
OK, I have noted that Sforzando is not suitable for BiaB64 as well as Forte...
Ok, I have set the default synth to CoyoteVT and it works, I get the synth as default synth for all tracks,
but...
After closing and re-opening BiaB the setting is gone and I have "none" as default synth again.

Anyway, my first problem is, as before, to get rid of the red alert I get on opening BiaB in both (32/64) versions and which seems to be caused by the fact that the program opens loading a (midi)file named "no file.sg1". Maybe I would settle the problem in forcing BiaB to open on another song, like the last one used, for ex.

I cannot get rid of this nofile.sg1 because when I want to "nuke" it I learn that it "does not exist" (!!).
Bernard

BiaB7.jpg (89.31 KB, 108 downloads)
BiaB8.jpg (207.65 KB, 108 downloads)
BiaB9.jpg (257.02 KB, 107 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
Bernard,

Have you updated to build #804

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Noel,
Thanks for still searching with me...

yes, I had already thought of "on boot-up no song no style and had it checked, and
yes I have installed patch 804.

The red alert screen comes up in both 32 and 64 bit version, but NOT in the 2020 version which I still have on an external drive.

Fortunately, after having closed the 2 warning screens which pop-up on booting, BiaB lets me continue and load another song, so that I may continue to have fun!
Bernard

Veteran
Veteran
Hi again, Bernard,

The next things that I would try are to revert to factory settings. Before doing that, though, I'd save my current preferences (this is found under "Options".)

This is my plan of attack...

1. Select "Options | Return to factory settings" and select the "MOST" option.

If that didn't work...

2. Select "Options | Return to factory settings" and select the "ALL" option this time.

And if that didn't work...

3. Shut down BIAB, go to the "\bb\preferences" folder and rename "intrface.bbw" and "MySetup.DK" to "intrface.bbw.old" and "MySetup.DK.old". Now restart BIAB. Doing this forces BIAB to recreate those two setup files from scratch.

You will need to set Audio and MIDI drivers again after running both #2 and #3 above.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. There is currently a new build being tested and I imagine it won't be too long before it's released publicly.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Regarding the NONAME.SG1 error you get on bootup, I believe there might be a problem with your default synth TGS file. Please try renaming this file before launching Band-in-a-Box:

C:\bb\DX Settings\DefaultDXiSynthx64.tgs

You could simply delete the file, but if this experiment stops the NONAME.SG1 error, then I would really appreciate it if you could send a copy of the TGS file to support@pgmusic.com.

Can you copy and paste the contents of this file into a post?
C:\bb\DX Settings\plugin_list_Exclude_x64.txt

Blake

PG Music Inc.
B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Sorry, does not work, I have still the same alert on opening (64bit)... I have skipped the 2 first ones, because I tried that when the problem started, and changed the preference file as hinted by you. 2 new files have been created. as you mentioned (one on opening (intrface) and the MySet-up on closing the program), but no result... I am now going to sleep on it (in Germany)
Bernard

B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Thanks to PG Music (Thanks again Blake) I have been able to clear the problem which was, as it seems, caused by the "defaultsynth" files within the DX Settings folders of BiaB...
Thanks too to all who helped in trying to solve the matter, it is good to feel that you are not left alone in "dark hours" in which you see no light coming!
Bernard

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,645
Posts735,416
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 98
dcuny 89
rsdean 72
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.