Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
There is now a DVD option, for $99, that will upgrade your 2009.5 UltraPAK to 2010 UltraPak .
This would be an alternative to getting the upgrade for $139 on an included 160GB hard drive.

Q. What if I have 2009 Ultra or Everything, and didn't buy the 101 RealTracks that you released in the summer of 2009 with 2009.5 ?
A. In that case, you shouldn't buy this $99 DVD update, because it doesn't include the 101 that were released in the summer. instead buy the HD version.

The Hard Drive version is a much better deal, since it is pre-installed with everything. The DVD update is 7 DVD's, which will take 1-2 hours to install. You also need to make sure that:
1. you have 20GB free space in your RealTracks folder. If you plan on installing it to an existing BB hard drive, you likely DON'T have that much space available.
2. Confirm that you have all of the Realtracks up to the current release. You should haveover 270 folders in your RealTracks folder now if that is the case (You can count the folders by select all in Explorer, and the count is displayed

The upgrade is also available as a download only option. This is a big download (20GB) spread among several installer files, so you need to have a download manager to download them. It would take about 24 hours to download all this, at broadband speed.

This $99 DVD option isn't available to order online, as it is a special order.
You would need to order this by phone 800-268-6272 or 250-475-2874 or email to sales@pgmusic.com or chat via the main pgmusic.com page.

As stated above, make sure that you want this, instead of the convenience of the Hard Drive, for $40 more.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for going the extra step and offering it for those who asked for it..

Might want to 'sticky' this for a while

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Mus Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:

This $99 DVD option isn't available to order online, as it is a special order.
You would need to order this by phone 800-268-6272 or 250-475-2874 or email to sales@pgmusic.com or chat via the main pgmusic.com page.

As stated above, make sure that you want this, instead of the convenience of the Hard Drive, for $40 more.

I sent a mail yesterday on how to get this and no reply...?

Of course for overseas the difference may be more than $40.

Thanks for providing the option

Mus Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
OK I got a reply to the email which just told me to telephone from the UK. So I looked up a cheap-call intermediary number and was soon downloading - 16 hour job and installation was another hour or so.

Rendering is so much faster and nice not to get that irritating ''VSC being used by another program' pop up all the time. Will test more later but thanks for getting on the download case so fast...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi

I have ordered (on the 12th Dec 2009) the Update Of BIAB UltraPAK 2009.5 to BIAB UltraPAK 2010 it seems that UPS when home today (I was away my daughter was around) They are claiming around 30 €uros 45 USD of VAT for me topay to get the parcel ????
I did not see anywhere on your web site a mention concerning this I suppose it is because it is indicated on the parcel that it is a hard drive and hard drived in France are subject to taxes.
Appart from the bad news (I would have prefered DVD's instead (Free of charges but it was not mentioned either when I ordered) You should mention it to the other European customers to avoid any surprise. On the other hand it is not really fair for me to have an non expected extra charges (not mentioned) to pay.

In total it will have cost me 164 USD + 45 USD VAT total more than 200 USD so more than double than with DVD's ???? 99 USD. I have been supporting PG Music for years and I think it is not really fair

Please advise what I should do ?

Regards

Fred

Dedicated DAW - i9 9880H - 32Go Ram - BIAB 2023 UltraPak

Mac Mini M2 Pro 32 Go RAM & Mac Mini M2 Pro - Cubase Pro 12 - Dorico 5 - Camelot Pro 2 - RME Fireface UFX - NuRAD (Berglund Instruments)
@+ SaxFred
Journeyman
Journeyman
I was one of the first buyers of the downloadversion of 2010 and I had to pay 139$ for my upgrade.
Is there a refund for people like me willing to be the first user?
greetings from Europe

Rob de Klerk, Dutch singer-songwriter
https://www.robdeklerk.nl

Biab 2023, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete 14, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Presonus studio 24c
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I was one of the first buyers of the downloadversion of 2010 and I had to pay 139$ for my upgrade.
Is there a refund for people like me willing to be the first user?
greetings from Europe

If you've upgraded from 2009, it might be worth a shot giving PGMusic a call. Since I have the HD now, I will not go that route, given the value of the HD alone! I mean, if you went for the UltraPak, basically, you have an upgrade with all the new RT's and the new RD's for about 30 bucks! Who's to complain about that???

Cheers,
Mike

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Journeyman
Journeyman
For people in Europe is the harddisk no option, because the taxes for importing the disk are too high.
Last year I payed a little fortune for my "free" harddisk. Downloads are the best solution.

But I still want to know if there will be a refund for the early buyers of 2010.

Biab 2023, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete 14, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Presonus studio 24c
Veteran
Veteran
SO, in essence, you paid about a little over $50 for a major upgrade, Rob. Still not bad. Consider companies like Cakewalk/Roland and their Sonar upgrade prices WITHOUT having a pre-installed version of Sonar PE. Man, I know times are tough. But you know, I still don't see this upgrade as a loss. I am originally from Germany and if I would still be living there, I would not complain one bit. Look at how the individual RT sets are priced ... you still got a hell of a deal.

But, feel free to call the nice folks at PGMusic! If there is a break they can give you, they will (no other company would).

Alles Gute,
Mike

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Mike,
You don't resd well.
I buy every alf-years upgrade and I think it's worth while but I payed 139$, and ask if pgmusic will give a refund for the 40 bucks extra for the unlucky first buyers.
They changed the system after I bought my upgrade. 99$ in stead of my 139 bucks.

It's a pity that pgmusic makes very good software but seems not to think clearly in advance about the upgrade-options.

Veteran
Veteran
Well, Rob ... all I can advise you is to get in touch with PGMusic they might give you a break.

Cheers,
Mike

Cheers,
Mike

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
PGMusic has always given their "30 day no questions asked" guarantee policy.

You have 30 days in which to send it back to them and get your money back.

OR -- If you have not accepted delivery, don't accept delivery because your country's taxes are not PGMusic's responsibility to refund.

Then contact PGMusic Sales directly, via tollfree hotline or email and I'm sure they will work it out so that you can get the $99 DVD deal.

This open forum is not the best place to do that kind of business. There is no guarantee that someone representing PGMusic Sales will read these posts.

Contact them directly and talk with them, they are very friendly and very helpful people.

--Mac

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Don't get me wrong Mac I just wnat to warn PG about this issue, I found a little stupid to refuse the delivery (UPS 25$) I already paid for in my order.

I have been supporting PG Music for many years since version 5 of BIAB (Atari version) I like the way PG Music is doing business based on trust instead of implementing protection to their hardware and making trouble with customer.
They have been very responsive to such problem by the past. Even if I think sometime the upgrade was not worth the money spent for the the usage I have with BIAB (e.g. I am not using RealTracks and RealDrums) I have allways been supporting PG Music by ordering the updates and upgrades every year end from Standard version to UltraPAK version.

I just mentionned this because I think this should be indicated in the web page (http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm) some warning regarding the USB Hard Drive order for foreingn countries where taxes should be applied.
Also when I did order the 99$ DVD option did not show on the page and therefore I had no choice than to apply for the HD option.
The other thing is that I did not have Access to the download page for the addons (Realtracks, RealDrums), just for the main software.

In final I did pay 200 USD for something that could have cost me 99$ + 25$ for quick delivery.
Do you really think it is fair?

Regards

Fred

Dedicated DAW - i9 9880H - 32Go Ram - BIAB 2023 UltraPak

Mac Mini M2 Pro 32 Go RAM & Mac Mini M2 Pro - Cubase Pro 12 - Dorico 5 - Camelot Pro 2 - RME Fireface UFX - NuRAD (Berglund Instruments)
@+ SaxFred
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Taxes are never fair. IMO.

But Taxes are something that must be taken up with the government of the place in which you live.

And it always grinds slowly and never rescinds a Tax that is already in place, it seems.

PGMusic is a LOT better to deal with than any government.

When they were alerted to the problem, Peter G. asked if people would want the $99 upgrade DVD option right here on this forum. Several of us voted YES in that thread -- and it was implemented immediately.

Timing, in purchase, is much like timing in music. Miss your entrance at the big performance, though, and you can never take that back for a redo.

I still recommend that you contact them directly and see if they can't do something to make you a happy camper.

They are really good people who try to help in every way they can.

--Mac

Journeyman
Journeyman
See my earlier messages above:
Pgmusic gave me my refund for the 40$ that I payed too much as an early buyer.
Talking with sales helps!
Very nice people of this company. ;-)

M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Just to clarify--

In the title of this thread, and the first post, you mention this $99 ultra price as being for 2009.5 to 2010.

Yet, in another thread, I think you wrote that it is also for those who purchased the 2009 Ultrapak, Is that the case?

(Or perhaps, are they considered the same, as my BIAB says 2009.5, due to web updates, although I didn't buy a summer pack?)

M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Quote:

The upgrade is also available as a download only option.

I just noticed that. Is there a different price for download-only, than for DVD, as the former doesn't involve any media, nor shipping?

As one is upgrading from last year's UltraPak, it would't really involve downloading 20GB, as one would just download the parts one does not yet have, plus the updated app, etc.

Is that download option also only available by phone, or also online?

Thank you.

K
Expert
Expert
K
I would like to be sure on this...
I purchased 2009 Ultra Pak on a hard drive, and then later upgraded to BB 2009.5.

What are my options for purchasing here in order to get new "realstuff tracks" which i don't already have (besides the actual program of course which i know I would get with any upgrade).

From what I have read the two best options are either the dvd or the hard drive option mentioned. Is this correct?

Also I am a little confused in the descriptions of the tracks, for instance, where it says “40 RealTracks in 10 Bands” .. I know what 40 real tracks means, but what does “in 10 bands” mean?

thanks
superkristen

Super K

Kristen of "Blues Matters"
http://www.motagator.net/bluesmatters
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
An answer to my question below would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Happy Holidays!

Quote:

Quote:

The upgrade is also available as a download only option.

I just noticed that. Is there a different price for download-only, than for DVD, as the former doesn't involve any media, nor shipping?

As one is upgrading from last year's UltraPak, it would't really involve downloading 20GB, as one would just download the parts one does not yet have, plus the updated app, etc.

Thank you.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello,

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner,

Quote:

In the title of this thread, and the first post, you mention this $99 ultra price as being for 2009.5 to 2010.

Yet, in another thread, I think you wrote that it is also for those who purchased the 2009 Ultrapak, Is that the case?

(Or perhaps, are they considered the same, as my BIAB says 2009.5, due to web updates, although I didn't buy a summer pack?)

This option is intended for someone who had everything released to date, since it doesn't include the 101 RealTracks released in the summer.

Quote:

The download-only version is the same price as the DVD version, but of course you don't pay shipping and handling. If you are ordering download-only - over the phone - we'll send you the download links. It would involve downloading over 20GB of files (those are only the new files since the summer).

Quote:

I purchased 2009 Ultra Pak on a hard drive, and then later upgraded to BB 2009.5.

What are my options for purchasing here in order to get new "realstuff tracks" which i don't already have (besides the actual program of course which i know I would get with any upgrade).

From what I have read the two best options are either the dvd or the hard drive option mentioned. Is this correct?

Also I am a little confused in the descriptions of the tracks, for instance, where it says “40 RealTracks in 10 Bands” .. I know what 40 real tracks means, but what does “in 10 bands” mean?

If you do already have everything released to date, then you could purchase this DVD option ($99), or you could purchase the UltraPlusPAK upgrade on hard drive ($139). The MegaPAK and Pro versions contain a sampling or RealTracks from different sets. We've put together enough RealTracks for those, so that you'll be able to have full band arrangements in different genres. For example the Smooth Jazz "band" has Smooth Jazz Bass and Electric Piano RealTracks, and Smooth Jazz drums. Still it only has a small percentage of the RealTracks included in the UltraPlus.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,719
Posts736,454
Members38,554
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
John Dharmawan, hughesai, BabzColl, bluejaffa, SLM
38,554 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 187