Page 1 of 2 1 2
#52816 12/30/09 01:27 AM
RealBand
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
I didn't see this anywhere, but I'm sure it is now that I am posting. The PG vst's (reverb, etc), don't show any presets; 3rd party do.
The RB 2b update doesn't seem to update, got an "elevation" error; BIAB did update. I am new to win 7 as the XMAS present has it, and although the stuff under the hood seems very similar, once you get past the idiot barriers, I'm not as facile with 7 as I am with my longtime love XP. Any Ideas?

Bill M

I'll Gladly Pay You Tuesday for a Canned Cheeseburger Today!

RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
The Effects in RB are DX Effects and, if they are to show, they need to be installed to the O/S Registers as part of your last Software upgrade. If this is 2010 BIAB/RB version then there is an Custom Option to install the DX Effects separately. As regards the RB2 problem, this may suggest a problem with the initial installation of 2010.

LynB #52818 01/01/10 10:06 PM
RealBand
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
So is there a way to register them? I have presets in 3rd party dx and vst, and if i save a preset in a PG effect it shows up in the dialog. But no presets, even though the ini file is there.

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
When a pgmusic updater file fails to update, suspect a corrupted download.

Hey, its the internet.

Clear your browsers Temp cache after deleting the upgrade .exe file and download it again. Try the updater again.

--Mac

RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Bill,

Quote:

I didn't see this anywhere, but I'm sure it is now that I am posting. The PG vst's (reverb, etc), don't show any presets; 3rd party do.

Most of the PG effects have alot of 'factory' presets (PG Dynamics is one example), which you can load by clicking the 'load preset' button in the DirectX window. This will load all of the presets for the plugin that's currently being displayed. You can save your own presets using 'Save preset'.

Quote:

The RB 2b update doesn't seem to update, got an "elevation" error; BIAB did update.

What exactly is the error message? Windows 7 may display the User Account Control prompt (if you have UAC enabled), if a program requires elevated priviliges to run. You can press OK if you get that.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Fixed the elevated by running update as administrator.

"
Most of the PG effects have alot of 'factory' presets (PG Dynamics is one example), which you can load by clicking the 'load preset' button in the DirectX window. This will load all of the presets for the plugin that's currently being displayed."

Would be nice if they displayed. They don't, (the presets) and that is the problem. Presets don't show up in the load preset window. But just in the PG plugins, others are fine.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hey! Do we actually have to put up with this 'moving forward' nonsense? This time, I really don't see the need for moving beyond XP Pro! I have been through everything with Micrononsense but this time it really IS unnecessary, isn't it? Bloody BG and his marketing!

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Sam -

Actually we do have to move forward, because pretty much all new machines you buy now are going to have Windows 7 on them. And while you might be able to downgrade to XP (or some may view it as an upgrade), as time goes on, you're going to find it harder and harder to get XP drivers for the newer technology.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
jford #52824 01/07/10 04:15 AM
RealBand
M
Expert
Expert
M
re w7.
my strategy right now is to stay xp.
cos xp is rock solid for me.
and let the w7 early adopters get any arrows in the back.
then i'll come in once any probs have been sorted out.
and once 8 cores come out and are cheap.

retired puter engr....powertracks on amd......NICE !
"what is the black art of audio engineering ?"
my silly songs...motagator.com/bmanning
see my tips in the tips section.
RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

Fixed the elevated by running update as administrator.

"
Most of the PG effects have alot of 'factory' presets (PG Dynamics is one example), which you can load by clicking the 'load preset' button in the DirectX window. This will load all of the presets for the plugin that's currently being displayed."

Would be nice if they displayed. They don't, (the presets) and that is the problem. Presets don't show up in the load preset window. But just in the PG plugins, others are fine.

Try running the Installer again and let it reinstall the pgmusic plugins at the end, right overtop again.

If that doesn't do the trick, you may have File Indexing turned off...

--Mac

RealBand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Bill,

I had the same thing happen to me. Totally brand new PC, set up in 64bit Win7, SOnar, Firebox, BiaB & RB 2009.5 working perfectly. Never downloaded the VSC, Installed with UAC off and all the other things I repeatedly read folks warning about. Did the 2010 DVD program install onto my desktop, leaving everything checked, except the VSC. Registered an error near the end of the install. I should have been watching like a hawk, but I wasn't. I think it threw up a popup meny with the number "32" on it, so I started thinking that might be a problem with the PG plug-in install. So the install didn't end properly and I don't know exactly what may have got botched. Turned up BiaB and it seemed to be no worse for the install glitch. At least last night didn't observe any major issues. Tested the PG plug-ins a bit and they seemed to be working. Maybe this is just the versions ofrom 2009.5 that worked fine, still plug-in along and the 2010 part of that install made irrelevant. Lastl, turned on RB2010 and the chatter (crackle) was terrible. This happens whether I'm using a realtracks song or playing a midi through the TTS synth, since they're all audio related in the end.

There are a bunch of settings on the ASIO panel, but I wasn't sure which ones are the specific ones that actually might need adjusting or what they do. Sonar and BiaB ASIO panels seem much more intuitive. If I recall, there appeared to be about 3 different spots that looked like you could plug a number in or select. Truthfully, I probably need to sit down and read through the help files and start to address my own lack of familiarity with RB.

The one thing I can say is that if this can't be fixed with a simple tweak of an ASIO buffer or some other of the numerous settings that lurk in RB, I'd say there is a RB (Real Bug) somewhere. At point of purchase, I was led to believe that folks were runnning both BiaB and RB on Win7 64, so I'm hoping that this is resolvable with the right input. My system was a clean install from new hard drive and I have been able to install every product that has been previously proven to run on Win7 64bit (and some that weren't, like my Presonus firebox) without issue. No crashes, no glitches, no problems or issues until I attempted to install 2010. I wasn't sure about the PG plug-ins, but since they're not being used by RB when I run it, this is internal to RB from my perspective. UAC was turned off ages ago, etc, etc. I know my machine and what's on it, but I confess, I haven't ued RB extensively at all... but I'd like to.

Aside from us both running Win7, I'm interested in your PC specs, and what bit is your OS? See my specs, below.

Would be interested if anyone has more tips or suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Glen

DAW SOFTWARE: Cakewalk Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab
DAW PC: Win11, Intel i9-12900 CPU, MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk, 64GB RAM, ZOOM Livetrack L-12, Yorkville YSM1P-II Monitors
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
FWIW, I just plugged in an external drive (note - not the one that shipped with BiaB on it) I plugged it in to my Win7 64bit machine.

The drive has been used to backup multiple other drives and websites (using XP) with no problems.

As soon as I went to save a single file to that drive in win7 it said I didn't have permission.
I had to go thru and reset permissions for every folder in order to write over files! Like I said, it worked fine on various XP machines in recent past.

So I am wondering if some external drive permissions get a different level of access in Win7 .. and if this may be related to some issues involved.

That said, the BiaB drive works fine on that same Win7 system .. go figger

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Bill,

Quote:

Would be nice if they displayed. They don't, (the presets) and that is the problem. Presets don't show up in the load preset window.

Please let me know if this fixes it.
http://64.40.99.154/pgfiles/support/patches/pgdx_plug_2_0_0_patch_jan07-2009_temp.exe

Edit - link corrected.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 01/07/10 08:44 PM.
jford #52829 01/07/10 08:20 PM
RealBand
Expert
Expert
Quote:

Hi, Sam -

Actually we do have to move forward, because pretty much all new machines you buy now are going to have Windows 7 on them. And while you might be able to downgrade to XP (or some may view it as an upgrade), as time goes on, you're going to find it harder and harder to get XP drivers for the newer technology.

You're right of course, but the upgrade stuff really ticks me off most of the time. I guess I resent the "being forced to" part. There is no choice in the matter. Sometimes they're pretty sneaky (and possibly unethical) about it, too. I remember when Quicken changed it's file format. Most financial institutions went along with it forcing those of us doing on-line banking to go along. That particular upgrade was unnecessary, IMHO.

Stan

Cornet Curmudgeon
RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Oops - I fixed a typo in the link - it should work now.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Per my previous comment above: "Truthfully, I probably need to sit down and read through the help files and start to address my own lack of familiarity with RB. The one thing I can say is that if this can't be fixed with a simple tweak of an ASIO buffer or some other of the numerous settings that lurk in RB, I'd say there is a RB (Real Bug) somewhere."

Well, I am happy to say it wasn't a "R"eal "B"ug, it was a "R"ealband "B"eginner... me! It was fixed with a tweak. Tried turning off the enable input monitoring flag and back to pristine ASIO audio in RB2010. Then went and checked the help files and found the tip below and the warning, Doh!

"Enable Input Monitoring (ASIO Only) – When this checkbox is enabled (and ASIO is selected in the Driver Type combo) then RealBand will take the ASIO input signal from input port number 1 and send it to output 1 so that you will hear the input through the speakers. You can apply real time effects to the monitored input by selected "Input" in the top combo box of the DirectX/VST Real Time Effects dialog. You can then select up to 4 DirectX or VST effects.
WARNING! - Do not enable this feature if the input port number 1 is set to record the output (e.g. "What you hear" or "Mix" )because enabling input monitoring in this case will cause massive feedback that could hurt your ears!"

Back to the other big issue that got me spooked when I installed 2010 on Win7 64 bit, the premature installation crash which I assumed was due to the audio plug-ins. I thought this crash might have had to do something with causing the distortion I was hearing, but that was not the case. Unfortunately, I don't know why the install really crashed or if it happened late enough that it really had no impact. I can't detect anything that isn't working so far.

As to the presets issue, I've looked at all mine and there are presets available for all of the PG audio plugins, except for, Autowah, Distortion, RingMod, RTA, Tremolo, Vinyl Tool and Vocal Remover. Wonder if anyone can comment whether there were even presets for those. Since my install seemed to fail early, maybe that's why some of the plug-in presets are missing and the Vocal Remover, crashes RB2010 straight to the desktop immediately. I just won't use that one, but I'd be interested if anyone else on Win7 64bit can indicate whether their plugins behave the the same. I wonder if it's safe for me to try the plug-in patch Andrew posted too, or if I need to, based on my observations above. Be interested in your recommendation Andrew, if you read this.

I have noticed problems with some of my RealTracks not being installed and when I'm in the styles list, every style is attributed to disk #94 for some reason!?! I'll start a different thread to see if anyone can help with getting my Stylelist working properly. Don't think this has much to do with Win7 64, so I'm starting to feel pretty good about 2010 with this operating system, based on what I'm seeing.

DAW PC: Win11, Intel i9-12900 CPU, MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk, 64GB RAM, ZOOM Livetrack L-12, Yorkville YSM1P-II Monitors
RealBand
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
The patch did the trick. Did I miss it somewhere? I see it's a year old.

RealBand
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Glen, I'm running RB 2010 on my xmas gift, a Toshiba Satellite L455d Laptop with the powerful state of the art 2.0 Ghz AMD Sempron si-42 processor (/s) from Walmart, rather low end. 32 bit Win7, 2 Gig Ram, 12 Gigs dedicated to ready boost on 2 USB (I actually notice a difference with this amount; didn't with just the 4GB or the 8 alone). I actually like Win 7, and think it's faster than XP on my Dell Desktop with a P4 @2.80 Ghz when running RB. Of course this could be the touted "faster 2010 RB" vs 2008.5 on the Dell. Using the built in Realtek Sound, cuz I don't normally record, just use DXi and Vsti, NI kore player and sets, and the defunct B4's. This laptop seems faster than the one it replaced (died due to power cord being yanked out of the flimsy Acer) that had a faster processor and 4 Gigs ram, running Vista. Not wanting to waste a good HD with an OS, I am searching Dell Refurb for a no OS system with SATA for $100 and a P4 so I can enable dual core emulation. One thing I've done with the new laptop is set up remote control access and am opening up all the SEQ on the dell via the router on the Sat. Microsoft seems to repeat itself. 98, ME, XP / XP, Vista W7, and don't forget Microsoft Bob.

Hope you don't have to ever diagram these sentences.

RealBand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Yeah, the move to Win7 has been pretty smooth for me so far. I'm not regretting it, particularly that I made the jump to 64 bit and it hasn't caused me any real hardship. All my audio hardware and software is working without problem, so far. When I've had an issue, I've eventually worked out the kinks. Hey, if folks want to wait until the rest of us have got it figured out, they can play catch up later.

The fact that you are on 32 bit, helps me realize that's probably why it didn't sound like you had the same end of install crash that I had. Not sure what was up with that, as everything seems to be working fine, except I have to investigate my style list. There's somethign wacko there.

Do you have presets on all your plugins now or are the ones I mentioned above still lacking? I don't know if that's normal or not, since I do have presets on all the plugins I didn't mention. I'd like to know what that patch was specifically designed to fix for you? Any insights, appreciated.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
In my programsX86 folder is a folder named Powertracks DirectX plugins
- in that folder is a Save-Restore presets folder
Might want to look into the restore presets executable there, after reading the note from JCJr.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,713
Posts736,335
Members38,551
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SLM, Ricki Susic, kcowmusic, guylamar2006, John Hunt
38,550 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181
rsdean 113
DC Ron 111
Noel96 81
WaoBand 79
dcuny 72
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.