Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
A
andi.k Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
I downloaded & installed BIAB2010 Megapak inkl. 10Pak and there seem to be either some files missing or some bugs.

If I select style _POPOMED, BIAB complains about following real tracks missing:
style set 32, 524 guitar acoustic strumming ev 165
style set 27, 544 guitar electric rhytm dreamy ev 165

then, pressing play, it complains about following files missing:

c:\bb\relgt041.st2
c:\bb\racg25.st2

When I select _POPORGN or other styles, there are similar errors.

I tried BIAB 2010 update 294 - didn't help
I tried both RealTracks updates (August and December 2009) - didn't help

Rebuilding style list file doesn't help either.

Anyone?

Cheers, Andi
Veteran
Veteran
Mega Pak only includes this:
MegaPAK RealCombos:
40 RealTracks in 10 Bands
Jazz Swing 140, Country Ballad 65
Pop Rock 120,Bossa 140, Bluegrass 130
Blues 120, American PopRock 120,
SmoothCool Jazz 100, JazzBallad 85,
HardRock Thrash 85
+ RealDrums Sets 1-5

You should have gotten the Ultra Plus Pak. If it's been less then 30 days they'll probably exchange.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
A
andi.k Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
I don't get it

Do you want to say that BIAB includes incomplete styles?

I mean, either an AddOn, Pak or whatever it is called is _installed_ or it is _not_.

So, when there is an error message about something missing, I conclude that there is something wrong with the installation...

But if this behaviour is a "feature", not a bug, that it is plain stupid and missleading to new users.

Cheers, Andi
Veteran
Veteran
Yup we are all stupid. This is a user forum. If you want to rant email support. Read all about what you ordered first, so you are not embarrassed in the end. Sort of like you bought a new car and after a few days discover that it does not have a feature you wanted. Obviously it's the dealer's fault.

There exist different versions so that those who have limited budgets can get a Volkswagon beetle and upgrade to the Ferrari later.

Later.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Veteran
Veteran
Real Tracks & Real Drums are enhancements to the styles. The Mega Pak contains all 77 styles but will be limited to MIDI for those instruments that you don't have a Real Track or Real Drum file.
I'll assume this is a first time purchase. If you had checked here either asking or doing a search you'd find that the reccommendation from all of us old timers is to buy nothing less then the Ultra Plus Pak. Save up the extra $200 and go all the way.
As I said if it's been less then 30 days they'll upgrade you or take it back.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Veteran
Veteran
John Conley: John, you should take it a bit easier with the sarcasm. It doesn't come across as either helpful or friendly. Andi is only new to BIAB (and the forum) and he has a genuine concern. He hasn't had a chance to appreciate your sense of humor yet nor has he had the chance to appreciate that you can be a really helpful guy.

Andi,

When you are new to BIAB and you read the descriptions in the sales section of the website, it's easy for things not to be perfectly clear. I remember what it was like when I first purchased the product! When you compare the Megapak with the UltraPlusPak, you can see that the MegaPak has 40 Realtracks and sets 1 - 5 of Realdrums; the UltraPlusPak, on the other hand, has 82 Realtracks and 200+ Realdrums. Both installations have 77 style sets. The style sets are the basis of the backing arrangements you hear and work both in MIDI and with various pre-set configurations of Realtracks and Realdrums.

From what you say, it seems that some configurations of the styles that you have tried to load-in have Realdrums and/or Realtracks that are not included in the Megapak. In those cases, the styles can only be played with MIDI instruments replacing the missing Real-instruments. This is as it should be.

As silvertones has said, if you haven't yet had BIAB for 30 days, contact PGMusic. They are very honorable when it comes to their 30-day money-back guarantee. They want to see you happy too. (I'd contact them on their toll-free number immediately.) I strongly encourage you to get the package that has all Realstyles and Realdrums.

When you have a bit more experience with BIAB, you'll appreciate how it all works and it's never as confusing again.

All the best,
Noel

Last edited by Noel96; 01/18/10 02:17 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
A
andi.k Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
You didn't get me - despite Noel. It's not about "Oh, my new car misses some features I expected" but "Oh, my new car seems broken because it's giving me error messages."

That's it.

I didn't want to buy the Ultra Pak and still don't want to. Period.

My point is: why do they include incomplete styles and make BIAB complain about missing files!!??

From a stupid user perspective, I expect an application so be self-consistent, without open ends and broken parts.

So, when installing the Mega Pak, BIAB should be aware of being a Mega Pak installation and not bug the user with such non-sense error messages. Period.

Cheers, Andi
Veteran
Veteran
Hi andi,

I notice you only joined the forums a day ago. I meant to say to welcome

Have you spoken to PGMusic about this to make sure that the Megapak you have is operating properly? If I were you, I'd be checking with PGMusic directly just to make sure.

These forums are a place where BIAB users help one another solve problems or give one another ideas. We don't have any say in the actual making or marketing of BIAB. It is possible that your MegaPak is not behaving in the way that it should be.

Regards,
Noel

Last edited by Noel96; 01/18/10 02:08 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
There was no sarcasm intended. One looks at one's purchase and that's that.

If the issue is that from a Marketing Perspective missing 'pieces' that are for sale should be brought to the user's attention, then perhaps the methodology should be examined. The code may be 'old', and may have been put there when things were simpler, like all we had was 40 jazz styles 4 country styles, and 5 classical ones, and if one was undetected then the software flagged it. Who knows. It's a software issue, and probably nothing is missing. If you go through what you bought and compare, well it's there or it's not.

It took me over 10 years to cure my wife of coming home with 100 items on a grocery bill and ticking each item off her sales slip.

I do that at the store as the checkout is happening, and trust me, my memory is good enough to know the bananas were 19 cents / pound, and I sure as heck speak up. Here if it's wrong it's free. I once bought 10 pounds of bacon, the sign said 2.99 / pound. That was the previous weeks sale. My Dad was with me and he got 2 pounds. We get to the check out and gee doesn't the amount come to 4.00 / pound. I point out it's on an end aisle, big sign says 2.99 and according to the 'fair code of pricing', the bacon was free!

AT THE END of the day,this user forum is SOMETIMES watched by pg music, but any real concern should be documented, well written, and sent to pgmusic@support.com. I write them quite often...

John Conley
Musica est vita
Veteran
Veteran
Andi,
If the warnings is your only issue go to:
opt/preferences. On the first screen bottom right hand side "text Hints" uncheck everything.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello andi,

We have added a fix for this to the build 294 patch. Thank you for reporting it.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Yup we are all stupid.

John,
This wasn't sarcasm? Then I'm offended.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
A
andi.k Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
[offtopic]
'we' may also relate to different egos of a single person...

But knowing to be stupid and still giving whatever answer jumps into ones mind whenever someone has a serious question... what's that called btw?
[/offtopic]

Anyways - PG Support responded and has fixed one of the styles. But there are many more that are broken and I sent a complete list with screenshots to support@pgmusic.com

Finally, I learned my lesson and won't be using the forum for reporting bugs anymore.

Cheers, Andi
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Don't let one poster steer you away from this forum, andi.k, it is likely going to be a needed resource for you as you get up and running.

Welcome!

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
Andi,
The 294 fix was global in that it was meant to fix all. If your still having issues try DL the 294 patch again as it looks like on the 18 they added to it. What I'm saying is that although you have 294 it may be the old one. There should have been a 294b.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
A
andi.k Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
I _just_ downloaded+reinstalled 294 _just_ before I checked all styles and discovered that the following are broken:

=clap_be
_ROOTSRK
_bossgs
=RTSRKCT
=SLAMRK2
=TEKDRKA
_BOSSPF
_BOSSAF
_POPORGN
_BOSPGS
_POPSHB
=RTSRK16
_POPBRIT
_POPHAR2
_POPHARM
_ROKKAARP
=SYNTHRK

This was _after_ PGMusic told us about the fix.

So where does it say that 294 was meant to fix _all_?

It definitely doesn't.

On http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#294 it says "Missing RT error in Pro and Mega versions." But the only styles that got fixed are the two mentioned in my first post.

I'd really appreciate people owning the MegaPak try it out themselves and people not owning the MegaPak... uhm... guest what.

Cheers, Andi
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Good catch, silvertones.

I just compared with the 294 I downloaded and installed the other day.

The earlier one is a bit smaller in overall size than the one that is there today.

While the Creation Dates in Properties are the same, the Modification Dates differ.

The earlier update has a Modification Date of 1-15.

The one I just downloaded has a Modification Date of 1-19.

Yes, I think that fit should have been published as "294b" also.

If you hadn't spotted that, I would be thinking I had 294 and it would be the same as everyone else's 294...

--Mac

A
andi.k Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Mac, do you have MegaPak?

294b from 1-15 was _beta_

294 from 1-18 is not beta anymore.

That's it.

Edit: ahh, well and please don't check the modification date. this is when you downloaded it. better check _creation date_

Last edited by andi.k; 01/19/10 07:40 AM.

Cheers, Andi
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

Mac, do you have MegaPak?

294b from 1-15 was _beta_

294 from 1-18 is not beta anymore.

That's it.

In the past, going from beta to release has not included any changes or additions to the file.

Quote:

Edit: ahh, well and please don't check the modification date. this is when you downloaded it. better check _creation date_

?

Properties reports 3 dates.

Created:

Modified:

Accessed:

I cannot Modify the file by downloading or installing it.

Therefore the Modification date reflects something that happened at the file creator end of things.

The "Accessed" date should reflect anything I have done with the file since downloading.

I just didn't report the Accessed date above, as it is irrelevant to the scope of the discussion.

They are indeed two different files. One is slightly larger in size than the other. There is also now a longer list of things corrected over on the download page than what was there before, IIRC.

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
Andi,
I removed the RT folder for the bass that is part of the =clap_BE that you mention in your list. If I then load the style I get the yellow warning stating the file was not found. That is how it's supposed to work.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,690
Posts736,035
Members38,541
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
lannguyen, hcginjections2024, carloncho, jofigueroajr, Zunzez
38,541 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 178