Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#742701 12/05/22 08:46 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
So, if you missed Herbfest 2022..... https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=717243#Post717243

I'm in the starting phase of planning this year's event. Last year we had a couple of folks who were relatively local....except Eddie.... he wasn't local. This year, maybe, we can expand that out a bit. You can drive in, fly in, or ride your mule in to the event. Plan to stay overnight.... or not....and have a fun time. Meet the folks we only see online.... put a face with the name and get to know one another and have a time of music, food, and fellowship.

EVERYONE from the PG forum and from PG music staff as well, who see this post is officially invited. The projected dates are.... April 29 & 30, 2023 with the gate open the day before with the main festivities occurring on Saturday the 29th and maybe a couple of hours on Sunday morning ..... Generally that time of year, the weather is getting nice, and the mosquitoes are not yet out.... Ask last years attendees.... no bugs.

We have a number of decent hotels just 10 minutes away, lots of restaurants but we're planning on firing up a grill or two on Saturday night. We have close to 30 acres of woods so if you want to camp out, that's also an option. No admission as of now, but might take up a collection or something to offset the cost of food. Bring your own cooler with your favorite beverages.....

Also, since this is about music.... probably going to see about setting up a small PA or maybe just acoustic thing on the back deck to let folks play some music depending on the numbers in attendance. Maybe even a jam session with acoustic instruments and of course the fireplace near the woods.

So.... this is to see who would be interested in coming to the event this year. If you are, let me know in this thread.

Thanks

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 12/05/22 08:50 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Last year was the smaller Herbfest. This year we go for Herbstock! Early discussions have centered on the last weekend in April. The weather should be really pleasant.

I plan to bring a couple of laptops with interfaces so I can run BIAB on one and RB on the other. I'll bring mixers too. I also have access to powered PA speakers if nobody down that way has any to bring, eliminating the need for me to carry them down there. I plan on bringing keyboards as well, if for no other reason than to actually use them! Just bring your files on a thumb drive and voila!

I'd love to see more people this year. As we are all getting closer to the finish line, we should do this stuff while we can. I mean, geeze, I already walk around with a Life Alert type system pendant hanging from my neck. We could have a nice program of everybody getting up and doing a few of their songs and then live jamming when we feel like it.

And if Harv comes, we have someone to blame for anything that goes wrong, because as we all know, it's all his fault.

EDIT TO ADD: Video footage is highly recommend. If you want to shoot video on a cam or a phone I will have a place set up, either email or dropbox, to dump it into so I can do a video of the event.

By the time we got to Herbstock...

Last edited by eddie1261; 12/05/22 12:46 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It might be fun, if only to give rharv credit for a good time.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'd like to attend, and would be sure to create as little load on anyone as I can.
Like I told Eddie in PMs; I have other reasons to go down there, so may have other obligations as well, but last year looked kind of fun.

Herb has a nice place and I'd like to visit without being a burden. Seems like the perfect excuse.

Currently fighting off some kind of illness (though testing negative so far) so trying to plan on it ..

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
If my household stays healthy through then, I definitely plan on going. Like Eddie, I could bring a drone and get some footage of the ranch. I might be able to bring an Aussie with me too. Otherwise, I make a good door stop.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
sslechta #742872 12/05/22 06:49 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I might be able to bring an Aussie with me too.

This show's getting better by the minute. Bravo, outstanding professionalism grin

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Due to the advance planning needed, and the possibility of folks flying in or just putting this into schedules that are not easy to change at the last minute..... this would have to be (out of necessity) a rain or shine event.

We keep our fingers crossed on the shine part of that equation. I'm going to be here regardless.

www.herbhartley.com

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I must have missed it, although I see Central North Carolina mentioned. Where is this going to be, please?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
This show's getting better by the minute. Bravo, outstanding professionalism grin

Aussie...

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Untitled4.jpg (311.17 KB, 200 downloads)

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
sslechta #743012 12/06/22 10:44 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Great name! grin grin grin

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Great name! grin grin grin

Name is Piper. She's an Aussie!

Steve

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
An hour east of Raleigh.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
count me in... I won't bring my daughter this time, which means there won't be anyone pestering to leave like last time!

I'll probably camp, since that's an option.

I can send a check for whatever amount you need to help cover food costs, or just give you cash when I arrive... let me know which you prefer.
Let me know an amount once you've decided on the menu. Others will be paying a lot more to get there than I will, so I don't mind bearing a higher share of the food costs.

And since I'm somewhat local, I can bring a small PA system if you don't have one.

In addition to having a jam session, I can also imagine an open mic scenario in which people take turns playing a few songs they've prepared.

To anyone looking for an address: last time Herb sent private messages to everyone involved with an address and instructions

Lookin' forward to it!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Great looking pup Steve.

Yeah Pat. A small pa would be nice.

Location. 8084 S 231
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ANdPTTNw3M3zLuiSA

That's my neighbor's address but we share a driveway and Google has never fixed our GPS address in maps.

www.herbhartley.com

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pat, I also plan on bringing 2 laptops and interfaces, one to run BIAB and the other to run RB, and a mixer to run them through. If you have a small PA that would be the icing on the cake, the cherry on the banana split, the foam on the beer. Choose your metaphor.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
FWIW.... my metaphor would be "the cinnamon on my coffee" <--(potential song title)

the prospective list of attendees is looking pretty compelling! And beyond the list of people whose posts appear in the thread so far, it's worth noting that quite a few BIAB forum members live within a 3 hour drive from Herb's. So there's potential here if we get the word out

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Poor Herb, he has no idea what he may be in for <grin>

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
In his role as Max Yasgur to my Michael Lang...

I am totally hoping some of the cooler names become faces this year! You, Steve, Matt... that's a good start! Good musicians, good people. Heard from a few that wrote it in pencil that I hope becomes ink! With some level of backline provided, including laptops running both softwares, we just need people to bring thumb drives with files and we can have diverse music all day and into the night!

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
You, Steve, Matt... that's a good start! Good musicians, good people.

I take exception to being called a musician. smile

Steve

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
If your health will allow us, my wife is in the hospital now with RSV, we plan on being there.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,727
Posts736,584
Members38,556
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
davyowdoo, Rogee, John Dharmawan, hughesai, BabzColl
38,556 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 189