You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#106744 - 02/24/11 12:45 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] De compressing
malevans Offline
Apprentice

Loc: GB
Hi all,

Would someone be kind enough to tell me a quick way to de-compress a single folder of a Real Tracks instrument.

I don't want to de-compress the lot ........ I think that would be 9,999 wma to wav.

Big size.

#106745 - 02/24/11 12:51 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

Oh, and would it be ok to leave the wma files in that same folder?

Also, will the wav file play by default?

:-)

#106746 - 02/24/11 12:52 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

........... and can I have the winning lottery ticket for next week?

#106747 - 02/24/11 12:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
Rachael Offline
Expert

A media player, such as Foobar will do that for you. You would drag the entire folder into Foobar and Convert to WAV. Lots of folks here use Audacity. I'm not sure it can decompress but someone will chime in.

R

#106748 - 02/24/11 12:56 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Are you having trouble with the RTs taking to long to load? Each time a RT is loaded it decompresses so there is really nothing to gain but a very minute amount of load time.What v BTW?
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.Wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.php

#106749 - 02/24/11 12:56 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: Rachael]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

Ah yes ......... a third party plugin.

I'll look around.

#106750 - 02/24/11 01:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

Latest version with everything.

I simply left all of the real tracks and drums as wma files on usb drive.

Although I have four 1 TB drives I am using them constantly for video and full score sound files with many vst's. I have a few 1 TB drives for storage but have only backed up real tracks as wma. Lazy 'aint I?

So you are saying that when a real track is used, it is auto converted to wave?

#106751 - 02/24/11 01:36 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Quote:

So you are saying that when a real track is used, it is auto converted to wave?

no it's converted to wav
15.6" Monitor

#106752 - 02/24/11 01:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: silvertones]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

OK ....... That's wav not wave.

Not a surfer dude.

#106753 - 02/24/11 01:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

It seems to not work.

I tried using River Past. Plays but weird sounding.

I need to know what the default de-compressor would be using. I assume mono, 44.1 KHz, 16 bit, PCM.

Would that be right?

#106754 - 02/24/11 01:58 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

Oh and 705 kbps.

#106755 - 02/24/11 02:04 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
Rachael Offline
Expert

Some RTs are mono and some stereo. I'm sure the bit rate changes as well depending on the instrument.

R

#106756 - 02/24/11 02:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: Rachael]
Rachael Offline
Expert

BTW, with the new Fast Generation of RTs option in BIAB, you probably are not saving any time whatsoever. The WMA file is much smaller and needs less seeks on the drive. You never said why you wanted this?

I have decompressed the drum kits I use and it saves a few seconds on my old XP machine. I leave the RTs alone.

R

#106757 - 02/24/11 02:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: Rachael]
malevans Offline
Apprentice

Wow if the they all differ, I think i'll leave them alone too.

TY

#106758 - 02/24/11 02:24 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: Rachael]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

BIAB uses wav files when it plays. In 2011 it's a moot point cause with the fast generation feature there's no option to convert to wav. There is for the Real Drums. Because the program uses wav it must first convert from wma to wav. Takes a couple mili seconds longer. The sound quality is IDENTICAL. If you really think you need the quality you needed to buy the Audiophile version .It ships with the ORIGINAL AS RECORDED .wav files.
15.6" Monitor

#106759 - 02/24/11 02:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hello Mal,

Quote:

Would someone be kind enough to tell me a quick way to de-compress a single folder of a Real Tracks instrument.

In your \bb\RealTracks folder, you should find a file called decompress.exe. Copy this file into the folder of interest and double-click on it.

#106760 - 02/24/11 02:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: malevans]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Depends on the track, some are stereo, quite a few actually.
Probbably why it sounds weird. Merged stereo to mono

#106761 - 02/24/11 03:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Hello Mal,

Quote:

In your \bb\RealTracks folder, you should find a file called decompress.exe. Copy this file into the folder of interest and double-click on it.

Any real reason to do this Andrew at this point?
15.6" Monitor

#106762 - 02/24/11 04:31 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: silvertones]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I think one would have to benchmark some complex and long files.

Time it with and without. On a slower computer.

It might be a case by case scenario too. Some folks have so many processes running it's plain crazy.

Software there to detect the old camera you used to have, running in the background to see if you plugged it in. Sometimes looking at every usb port. Anti virus stuff. I don't think everyone has the knowledge to go in and figure that stuff out. Or do anything about it.

In my case, I just trust that the default settings and setup are done by guys a lot smarter than I, and I just leave it alone.

That said, I'm thinking of playing April in Paris.

#106763 - 02/24/11 06:27 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: De compressing [Re: silvertones]
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Quote:

Any real reason to do this Andrew at this point?

No, I can't really think of a good reason to, but thought I'd answer the original question. The information might be useful.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 520 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Windows users can download the latest free patch update, Build 250, here.

Summary of changes for Build 520 since 519 (July 17 2018):
Added: Save As style feature has support for MIDI velocity changes if volumes aren’t 90 on mixer when saved.
Added: Support for MIDI velocity changes in styles. Use the Misc-More dialog in StyleMaker to set velocity changes in MIDI styles.
Fixed: [Style Memos etc] button was not visible in the Style Editor -> Misc dialog.
Fixed: Bar lines would not display properly in the Audio Edit window if launching through the menu item "Audio Chord Wizard (Audio Edit)".
Fixed: Hitting the Return key while in the Audio Edit window might trigger Loop Screen mode.
Updated: PDF Manual and Help.

User Blog - Recording and Processing Vocals Using RealBand...

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post is a "start to finish" of how she records and processes vocals for her songs using her three "go-to" programs: RealBand, Melodyne, and Nectar from Izotope (with a little help from Band-in-a-Box...)!

Check out this blog post here.

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Forum Stats
27717 Members
50 Forums
52608 Topics
436002 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
LaurieS, jigelaz, gerry logan, jack homburg, perljazz

27716 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 156
Al-David 153