Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
J
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
J
Hi Folks,
I have a question here that I would very much appreciate some feedback and suggestions about. I am music Director of Worship at my church and most of my choir and praise team members use emails. This is the main means of communication that I have with them and I am very thankful for this because it really makes things go smoother, communication-wise. I would like to take this thaang to another level. For example, I would like to find a way to upload and post new songs that we are gonna be working on, mp3 audio files of vocal parts, Video clips of myself speaking and giving instructions, word documents with lyrics of songs, Finale files with music score and lead sheets so that my team members can go on there and have access to documents and media and all I will have to do is just post and upload the information on this site, or whatever for them.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get that done? A friend of mine told me that I can set up something in Yahoo, Gmail or MSN to get a site or web (something) going in that regard.
Any ideas and feed back about what I need to do, what freeware I can use to get that done etc would be very welcome.

Lemme hear from y’all. Thanks much.

Jacobins
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I use Google Docs which is part of Gmail.Here's an example:
Silvertones

It's free and works well.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Our church uses a password protected area of our website for music ministry members to grab Adobe PDF files of the music scores for the current worship schedules set lists. We use email to share mp3's or youtube links of arrangements that we might need to work on prior to our Tuesday night rehearsals. That Google doc's thing sounds promising as well.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dropbox is another ..

http://dropbox.com

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Box.net is a very good place for this as you can share the files only with the people you want to, or with everyone.

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Jah,

Check out this site.

Trax

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John,

I enjoyed listening to your songs on the link you posted, very nice !!

Love how you used the RT's for making the songs your own. A good song is a good song !!

Trax

Off-Topic
J
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
J
Yo Silver Tone

Google Docs is off thaaaa hook and awesome. I have 2 quick questions. I observed that when I clicked on the link you told me to click on which is "SILVERTONES" that it brought me immediately to an itemized list of your files. I find that to be really kweeol and just what I would like to do with my praise team. For example, I wanna have the files (Video clips, Mp3 audio files, word documents, Pdf files) listed like the way you have them listed Vertically if let's say I am wanting to upload like 10 files and I want each choir member to have access to the files. Also too, how did you set it up so that you used just one name as the link you want the folks to click on? I was experimenting with the google docs a few minutes ago and I saw the options where it says to send a link to the people I would like to have access to the files I wanna post. How do I set it up so that I can name the link such as "Churchfiles" or Jahmusician" or Courtsofpraise etc etc?

Thanks for your reply. I do await it.

JAH BLESS

Jacobins
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Yo Silver Tone

Google Docs is off thaaaa hook and awesome. I have 2 quick questions. I observed that when I clicked on the link you told me to click on which is "SILVERTONES" that it brought me immediately to an itemized list of your files. I find that to be really kweeol and just what I would like to do with my praise team. For example, I wanna have the files (Video clips, Mp3 audio files, word documents, Pdf files) listed like the way you have them listed Vertically if let's say I am wanting to upload like 10 files and I want each choir member to have access to the files. Also too, how did you set it up so that you used just one name as the link you want the folks to click on? I was experimenting with the google docs a few minutes ago and I saw the options where it says to send a link to the people I would like to have access to the files I wanna post. How do I set it up so that I can name the link such as "Churchfiles" or Jahmusician" or Courtsofpraise etc etc?

Thanks for your reply. I do await it.

JAH BLESS

To name a link like I did here or to do it in an email is a function of your email program or this web site.
In Google you set up the sharing and then it gives you the long winded link. You copy this and then you write your email. My email has a function to "add a link". I click on that and it asks me for the link. I paste what I copy from Google and then it asks for a name & I type in Silvertones. The process is the same on this web site. "add a URL"

I tried Box Net and it was fine but they kept hounding me to upgrade to a paid version. Google Docs is just what you need.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
silvertones #109876 04/06/11 09:53 AM
Off-Topic
J
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
J
Silver tones. I created a Google account and I uploaded 4 word documents, 5 mp3 audio files and about 3 MP4 video clips into google docs. These files are itemized and shown in the "HOME" window. Here is what I wanna do. I would like to set this up so that I want to email one link to each of the 10 members of my of choir so that when they click on the link, all the files in MAIN WINDOW can be seen and accessed by them as Visitors and viewers. The Google docs helps section speak of folders, folders, folders, but how do I do this as I just described? I tried sharing the files but only one video link was sent out and not a link for them to view the entuire files so I dunno what to do next.

Thanks for your kind feed back.

Jacobins
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Several strategies come to mind.

Fist off, make sure you have a group.

When you create documents in the top right corner is a share button. Silvertones has shared documents and I've looked at them see I see them today, set list, some songs etc.

So when working on multiple things it might be easiest to share with everyone stuff, (Mind you how is some random guy in wherever going to get at your document if it's just um, ok) So you ensure that they only have permission to view, however you can allow some people to edit the documents IF you want.

Now when you do the last document NOTE that it shows the share button, click on the group. The email will go out. You can put the last page as your info page as to what documents you are using. Might be good idea to put something like 2011-Apr-30Song1 as the title or 2011-April-30-READTHISFirst

You can create you final instruction document with a NOTE to go to the Songs or whatever.

It's easiest to experiment. I've hundreds of documents, I still am holding on to a couple of clients who I write final plans for, and some training materials. Takes my mind off stuff. I've just landed a 2 year deal where I do training plans monthly and I finished all 2 years worth in a morning. Good gig, $100 per month per location and they have 4. I use google docs and they can see the training program on my system and download it and print it out.

I'd just mess with things. It becomes obvious after a while.

Use Create on the left side and call it a collection. Lets you bundle stuff.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks John for the explanation. Had to take the wife for her daily Radiation Treatment.Everyday for 30 treatments. Thank God for Health Insurance that pays 100%

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I did that, 35 times. The last 12 or so I needed a driver. They told me I'd be tired for 2 years. I believe it. And I got a neck burned a proper shade of coal black. Put silver ointment on it, which tarnished and made it blacker.

I went for lymphatic massage yesterday. The therapist said it was the nicest skin she ever touched. It new is why. The old burned off. If I could only stop coughing from aspirating I might feel better. Keep pluggin and playin.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
She had these same 30 treatments back in 1991 and again in 1997. She also had a bone marrow transplant back in 1997. When they did surgery back in 97 the damage were the breast was was so extensive they had to use a patch from her back. They cut a piece of her back and with the nerves, blood vessels attached they pull it through beneath her skin to the front and sewed it in place.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Many of the church volunteer scheduling services also have this built in. For example, Planning Center has an entire module for planning out services; where you can put media files there for your projection slides, music, practice files, sheet music, etc.

We use this at our church.

I'm not saying the DIY approach suggested by others is wrong using google docs, but there's lots of folks and companies that have thought long and hard about this and put great tools in place to make your life easier in planning services.

http://www.planningcenteronline.com/

-Scott

Off-Topic
J
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
J
Hi Rockstar,

Planning center looks okay but it is not free......lol. I recently set up some files for my choir to be able to access, learn songs, and even view video clips of me speaking if let's say I want to conduct a 5 minute training session. Google docs really rock. I just paid a one time $5.00 and added 50 more giggs of upload file size in google docs so I have more than enough space to last me for a while and this is not a monthly fee. It is a one time amount which is awesome. All the others such as Box.net, 4shared.com. dropbox etc....they all charge a monthly fee and ofcourse, if you decide on the free versions, the space allowed is not much and the keep on HOUNDING you through pop up advertisements until you succumb and purchased the Premium version or versions. Not so with GOOGLE DOCS, man !! It is what's up.

And by the way, SILVERTONES, if you are reading, I have a question. How do I rearrange files in a folder in GOOGLE DOCS into the order that I want them? I have a few files in there and I want to have my music files at the top following by my video files at the bottom. How do I rearrange them? I tried dragging them to where I want them to be placed in google docs but this ain't working.

Help me out here somebody !!

Jacobins
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

sorry
reposted something

/move along citizen, nothing to see here/

Off-Topic
J
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
J
Rhav

I didn't understand what you said. Not sure what you mean. Hit me back to elucidate.

Jacobins
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I goofed

That is all. Over and out.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hi Rockstar,

Planning center looks okay but it is not free......lol. I recently set up some files for my choir to be able to access, learn songs, and even view video clips of me speaking if let's say I want to conduct a 5 minute training session. Google docs really rock. I just paid a one time $5.00 and added 50 more giggs of upload file size in google docs so I have more than enough space to last me for a while and this is not a monthly fee. It is a one time amount which is awesome. All the others such as Box.net, 4shared.com. dropbox etc....they all charge a monthly fee and ofcourse, if you decide on the free versions, the space allowed is not much and the keep on HOUNDING you through pop up advertisements until you succumb and purchased the Premium version or versions. Not so with GOOGLE DOCS, man !! It is what's up.

And by the way, SILVERTONES, if you are reading, I have a question. How do I rearrange files in a folder in GOOGLE DOCS into the order that I want them? I have a few files in there and I want to have my music files at the top following by my video files at the bottom. How do I rearrange them? I tried dragging them to where I want them to be placed in google docs but this ain't working.

Help me out here somebody !!

I really don't know. They just changed things around as well so I'm trying to get used to that.I use it in it's most basic form. Try RT Clicking in the folder like Windows and see if there's an arrange by type. There should be something like that.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,663
Posts735,564
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 163