You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#126977 - 08/26/11 09:03 PM [Off-Topic] I Fear The Reaper- No Sound No Matter What!
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Slowly driving myself crazy(er) trying to get sound out of BIAB/RB song dropped to Reaper.

I know I did it once before earlier this year but upgraded Reaper and lost the settings somehow.
Tried old version of Reaper but no luck there either.
Has me stumped.

Have tried (I believe) every conceivable combination of Reaper Preferences>Audio Device Settings and Driver Out but no luck.

I normally use a Line 6 USB Toneport as my Windows XP default Sound Playback and Recording device and BIAB, RB, Ableton Lite, Windows Media Player all play perfectly with that setup.

I do have to switch to SB Audiology in XP Control Panel>Sounds>Audio window to hear playback from Audacity.

The Reaper tracks are not Muted.

With some Preference combinations I can see the Reaper VU meters moving as it plays but no sound either from speakers or headphones.

The Windows XP SB Audiology Volumes are all on, not muted.

Was hoping someone may have a similar XP/Reaper setup that works and could provide their settings to try.

I could use RB or Audacity to mix down but like some of the features (if I could hear them) in Reaper.
Right now, I haven't got a clue (unless it's Col. Mustard , in the Library, with a lead pipe!)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Carkins

#126978 - 08/26/11 09:12 PM [Off-Topic] Re: I Fear The Reaper- No Sound No Matter What! [Re: carkins]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Midi or Audio not sounding in Reaper?

#126979 - 08/26/11 09:36 PM [Off-Topic] Re: I Fear The Reaper- No Sound No Matter What! [Re: MusicStudent]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Carkins,

You have probably already done this but the first thing that I'd try is to open the "Playback" settings (right-click on the speaker icon) and double-check that all the sliders are up full. (See image below.)

Note that the red symbol on the "Auxillary" speaker means that my auxillary channel is muted.

Your version of Windows may or may not have the following option, but it would also be worthwhile to right-click on the speaker icon, select "Volume mixer" (if XP has it) and check that all sliders are fully up and that none is muted.

Lastly, I have found that Reaper runs best with ASIO (I use ASIO4ALL).

Regards,
Noel

#126980 - 08/26/11 11:16 PM [Off-Topic] Re: I Fear The Reaper- No Sound No Matter What! [Re: Noel96]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Jazzmandan: Thanks for the clue.
All the RB tracks I was trying to play are Midi.
When I uploaded a wave file to Reaper it played OK.
So I guess it's something blocking the Midi.

Under Midi Output Devices I have all the following listed as Enabled:
3 different SB Audiology Synths
MS GS Wavetable SW Synth
Line 6 Toneport UX1
LoopBe Internal Midi

Seems like one of those should play?
Any suggestions?

Noel96: Checked my speakers and all were OK.
Listened to your songs. Very professional, sounds like they should be on the radio.
Good job! Sounds like there's good chemistry there

Carkins

#126981 - 08/26/11 11:49 PM [Off-Topic] Re: I Fear The Reaper- No Sound No Matter What! [Re: carkins]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Quote:

Jazzmandan: Thanks for the clue.
All the RB tracks I was trying to play are Midi.
When I uploaded a wave file to Reaper it played OK.
So I guess it's something blocking the Midi.

Under Midi Output Devices I have all the following listed as Enabled:
3 different SB Audiology Synths
MS GS Wavetable SW Synth
Line 6 Toneport UX1
LoopBe Internal Midi

Seems like one of those should play?
Any suggestions?

Provided that you have your ordinary Microsoft GM wavetable synth activated as a MIDI out in the Properties:

1. Load up your MIDI file
2. Select all tracks (if you loaded in channel-per-track mode)
3. Right-click the "io" button on any of those selected tracks
4. Go to MIDI Output->Microsoft GS...->Send all
5. Voilá! Beware of LATENCY!

You can of course use any other MIDI output the same way. Not like BIAB, you have to assign each track.

#126982 - 08/27/11 07:36 AM [Off-Topic] Re: I Fear The Reaper- No Sound No Matter What! [Re: MusicStudent]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

You da Man! I mean da Jazz Man, Dan!!
Thanks so much, that did the trick.

Will call and cancel my therapy session.
Have a great one,
Carkins

PG Music News
Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Forum Stats
27614 Members
50 Forums
52212 Topics
432113 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Cipher, BillyP, fleahead, Dolph, annzpdas01

27614 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 190
Noel96 167