Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#172194 09/04/12 01:05 PM
Off-Topic
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Although I'm pretty happy with the sound in the Garritan Personal Orchestra, I've been looking for something more "pop" sounding. I wanted something with a more "bite" and a more intimate sound, sort of like the the string octet in "Eleanor Rigby", or something from ELO.

After spending way too much time with Google, I came up with the following list of contenders:

• Kirk Hunter Solo Strings I $100, requires Full version of Kontakt.
  • NI Sessions Strings $120, can use free Kontakt Player.
  • Dan Dean Advanced Solo Strings $150, can use free Kontakt Player.
  • London Solo Strings $150, can use free Kontakt Player.
  • Vienna Symphonic Library Solo Strings $200, has custom player and USB Vienna Key.
  • Kirk Hunter Pop/Rock Strings $250, can use free Kontakt Player.
  • NI Session Strings Pro $300, can use free Kontakt Player.
  • Spitfire Solo Strings $300, requires full version of Kontakt.
  • LASS First Chair 2 $300, can use free Kontakt Player.
Given my various constraints (not much money, not having a full version of Kontakt), the list was quickly shortened.

Deciding on which library had the "best" solo violin was difficult from the demos. I like a more "romantic" sound with a wide vibrato, but that generally doesn't blend, so most libraries go with a less dramatic approach on their solo violin. The Kirk Hunter Solo Strings I has a "Romantic Violin" patch, but the library only runs under the full version of Kontakt.

I ended up going with NI Session Strings, which doesn't offer individual instruments - I'm not even sure there's a viola in the section - because more than other library it's got that "sound" that I was looking for. Plus, it's got a nice (non-programmable) arpeggiator that's nice to play with. (The "pro" version of Session Strings is even nicer, but far beyond my budget). I've not had a chance to see how well it fits with BiaB, but I'm pleased with how it sounds.

But it lacks solo instruments, and still leaves me without the solo violin sound that I wanted. From what I've heard in the demos of the "affordable" libraries, it's not immediately clear how much better these would be from what's in GPO (which can be quite good).

Of course, when I checked this morning, I found that the Kirk Hunter Libraries half-off until September 30, 2012. (This excludes the Solo Strings libraries). I doubt it would have changed my final decision, though.

Does anyone have any experience with these libraries, and thoughts about solo violin sounds? I'm sort of hoping the Garritan comes out with an affordable solo string library at some point, but I've not heard that there's anything in the works.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
dcuny #172195 09/04/12 01:26 PM
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Some folks I know use the East-West stuff, but it's 4-5 times more expensive. I'm lucky, my daughter plays viola well enough that the simpleton parts that I can write can be played by her!

dcuny #172196 09/04/12 01:45 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
While I’ve been asking for BAIB “strings” I’m NOT a big VSTi spender/user (but I have plenty of the usual suspects)

I hadn’t shopped around for VSTi strings in a while but I usually don't buy either becasue:

1) TERRIBLE sound with too much vibrato or none at all, or

2) Way too expensive (pretentiously so), or

3) Too expensive and have additional must buy add-ons LIKE needing the “full” Kontatk player, or

4) Too expensive and sound bad to boot, or

5) they need dongles or are so protected to be a major PITA to use - I won’t buy/use ANYTHING that needs a dongle for my personal use! I won’t even allow customers BUY SW apps that need them if possible.

But I ran though your list (real quick) and since solo strings and “bite” were your big requirement I’m surprised that you DIDN’T go for London Solo Strings ? Just based on the demos and trying to use the a least cost model kind of approach (higher cost libraries have to OBJECTIVELY WIN their way into contention.)

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 09/04/12 02:35 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Quote:

But I ran though your list (real quick) and since solo strings and “bite” were your big requirement I’m surprised that you DIDN’T go for London Solo Strings?

That's a good question. On paper, London Solo Strings looks like a good deal. It's got a ton of articulations, and is relatively inexpensive, and I spent a lot of time looking into it.

Much of the problem is that it's hard to get a good idea what a library sounds like from just a couple of samples, and the reviews are sparse. So there's not a whole lot of information available on the library.

There aren't a lot of places I could find audio demos for the library. There are some on the Big Fish Audio site, and a YouTube review review.

The Big Fish Audio demos didn't impress me. The instruments sound shrill and metallic - a restrained and severe string quartet sound meant more to blend than to be a solo instrument. For long, sustained chords, they sound OK, but not very pleasant. In the YouTube review at 4:08 the Violin Cresc Med sounds rather nice for a "gypsy" sort of violin, but again, each note is detached.

I can't imagine being able to use the library on a legato, singing melody line. The notes don't seem to flow together into melodic phrases.

There aren't many people who are posting examples from this library. I was able to find this video and this video, and they confirm my feelings that it doesn't lend itself to cantabile playing.

Again, that's all very subjective, and based on not enough information. If I had a chance to play with the library itself, I might change my mind. It certainly looks like it should be a good library.

-- David Cuny

dcuny #172198 09/04/12 05:50 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi David, have you checked out IK’s philharmonik:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/philharmonik/

You can buy it here:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MiroslavPhil

If you watch for it you may get it at a lower price as IK has been having some serious money saving deals.

I used to use the smaller classic edition of the philharmonik but I purchased Kirk Hunters Diamond Orchestra when it went on sale for half price. I’m pretty sure a couple of forum members use IK’s philharmonik so they should be able to tell you more about the sounds than the demos will.

Another more expensive option is to buy the full Kontakt. If comes with some good string sounds along with many other sounds. Plus there are tons of third party sounds for Kontakt. Just a thought.

Good luck and I hoped this helped.

Ps – an after thought. I would not buy a sound set that has vibrato built in. That limits the usefulness IMHO. I always look for sample set with no vibrato, that way I can add it as I need too. Plus I can adjust the vibrato to match the song style.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #172199 09/04/12 06:57 PM
Off-Topic
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Quote:

Hi David, have you checked out IK’s philharmonik

Hi, Mario.

Yes, I've got it - thanks for reminding me! I picked up the light version on the $15 deal some time back, and then convinced myself I needed to upgrade to the full version. I don't remember the price, but it wasn't too bad.

It's a nice sounding violin... Probably good enough for what I'd be using it for. I've seen a lot of posts where people refer to it, so I wonder if I'm underestimating it. Both the VIOLIN 1 LP and the VIOLIN 2 LP have (to my ears) painfully obvious loop points. But the unlooped VIOLIN 1 is actually quite nice.

To be honest, I'm not sure I need a solo violin... I was just wondering if people had experience with any of the libraries, and could shed some light. It's hard to make a decision based on an audio demo, because you can't tell the limitations of the sound.

Plus, I thought I should mention that Kirk Hunter's stuff is half off.

Quote:

I used to use the smaller classic edition of the philharmonik but I purchased Kirk Hunters Diamond Orchestra when it went on sale for half price.

How are the solo strings in that library? It looks like it includes the Solo Strings 1. I was tempted to purchase that and live with Kontakt's "demo mode" timing out every 15 minutes. But with the KH half-off sale, the Pop Rock Strings are a bit more attractive, since the work with the Kontakt Player.

But I don't know how playable his solo strings are...

Quote:

Another more expensive option is to buy the full Kontakt.

Sadyly, that's outside my budget right now.

Quote:

I would not buy a sound set that has vibrato built in.

I assume that adding vibrato is a function of the library? If you use a simple sine wave as an LFO, it'll sound weird. A violin player starts on pitch, rolls the fingerpad away to bring the note under pitch, and then back to pitch again.

-- David Cuny

dcuny #172200 09/04/12 07:50 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
David, the solo strings in Kirk’s diamond orchestra are outstanding. It is the best sounding soft synth orchestra that I have ever heard. It is very realistic. But it should be for the MSRP! I must add that I have not heard the even more expensive orchestral synths as they are way out of my price range.

You really don’t want to mess around with the demo mode in Kontakt player. It’s a PITA.

Kontakt’s Session Strings is really good for pop/rock music but you need a full version of Kontakt to run it. Again it is out of your price range but I just thought that I would let you know it’s there. I have it and use it for pop/rock.

Like you said adding vibrato via the mod wheel (LFO) can sound really weird. I use the pitch bend wheel or the pitch bend via my wind controller (same thing, different ways to do it) to add vibrato. It is much more realistic.

I hope this helps.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #172201 09/04/12 11:18 PM
Off-Topic
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Thanks for the warning about the demo mode... If I get another Kontakt library, I'll be sure to get something that supports the free player.

There's actually a cut-down demo version of 1st violins from Concert Strings 2 that gives a pretty good idea what that library sounds like. It's limited to an octave starting at middle C. And yes, the demo timeout is irritating.

The Pop/Rock Strings is basically a "light" version of the Concert Strings II, with samples at every other note instead of every note. Given that the Fairlight used a single sample, I'm not in a position to complain, hrm? (Interestingly enough, the Fairlight's recently been revived in a number of different forms... But that's another off-topic thread).

Does anyone else have any experience with any of these libraries?

-- David Cuny

dcuny #172202 09/05/12 01:27 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
HI David,
I have struggled with strings for years. I own GPO, Some VSL and EW platinum Halion Strings and a few other bits and pieces. I agree with Larry, and I have never got good results.
The problem seems to lie (for my ears) in the versatility and the homogenity (is that a word?) of strings, plus the mass of articulations they are capable of.
Most strings packages (excluding VSL which costs a fortune) go through only a small subset of articulations and frankly they are not enough.

Even a comparitively simply sound like a staccato, in the real world, comes in so many shapes and forms - aurally, there are long staccatos, short ones, heavy attack, light attack etc. In a single (real) staccato line, a number of different sounding stacatto's are employed, depennding on the contour and dynamics of the melody. A lot of this is instictively handled in an orchestra.

There are around fifty different articulations that can be notated for in a string score, and the same caveats apply to each articulation.

Even if you have such an arsenal of sounds, how do you employ them in your standard sequencer?

The worst thing is that in a given melodic line, you might need different articulation sets. To achieve that in your bog standard sequencer, you need to have several tracks going on in tandem- for one melody line - very messy. The only sequencer I know that can use different sample sets on a single track is Cubase, and even this is involved set up. There may be others.

Even so if you want to go ahead, have you thought about HollyWood Strings from EWQL? I bleive the EW products are the best below VSL, they often do half price deals and the Play software gives you quite a bit of manoeverabily.

Zero

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
This book, http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-MIDI-Orchestration-Contemporary-Composer/dp/0240520211

Has a lot of information about how to achieve more realistic orchestral sounds from midi software. The midi software examples are dated but the how to do information is not. It may help you.

I have read this book but because of family illness issues I have not had a chance to put to practice some of the techniques yet.

MarioD #172204 09/05/12 10:04 AM
Off-Topic
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Mario, I got the book through my local library's lending system a while back. It's got some good stuff in it, but I was a bit disappointed by how sparse it was. For example, the chapter Writing and Sequencing for the String Orchestra is a mere 17 pages long. That's barely enough room to mention the various techniques, to say nothing of covering them in much depth.

That said, I think the main way to learn these things is to listen to lots of examples, so you can understand how the articulations and phrasings work in context.

Zero, working with sound libraries in the DAW seems to be the necessary evil. Some time back, I picked up a music notation program called Notion. (Actually, I picked up a bargain bin version of Protoge, and upgraded). It's claim to fame was that it had a custom library that would render articulations based on notation. But I found all the sounds to be very lackluster. One of the reasons for getting the Miroslav library was to see if that would work better with Notion, but no dice there, either.

So a big bonus for a library is to use keys to toggle articulations, instead of having to load different articulations into different MIDI channels. That's the route most libraries seem to be taking these days.

At this point, I'm mainly looking for a good solo violin. I should have included these libraries for completeness:

• Gypsy Virtual Instrument $400 (requires iLok)
  • Quantum Leap Solo Violin $100 (requires iLok)
Interestingly, these two libraries are both produced by the Nick Phoenix, and they've got radically different sounds. The Gypsy includes a number of other instruments, but it's the solo violin that really stands out. It's got a wide, dramatic vibrato and is very up-front. It's not particularly good at rapid articulations, but that's not something that I'd do much.

Solo Violin is more refined and classical, with more precise articulations. The samples are only about 2 seconds long, and when you sustain them, they audibly switch bow direction. (I hadn't noticed this in the demo until someone pointed it out). The main problem it has is a sort of "fuzzy" synthetic sound - it's a bit further back from the mike, and doesn't have the same bite as Gypsy.

Gypsy is out of my price range, and I'm on the fence about Solo Violin. It works very well for lyrical melodies, but it's a bit more sedate and distant than what I had in mind... But other than that, it seems to be quite good...

I guess I need to work harder at learning the violin (slow going!), or make friends with a violin/viola player.

dcuny #172205 09/05/12 01:26 PM
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

...I've been looking for something more "pop" sounding...

Then be advised that many of the aforementioned Strings solutions are geared towards CLASSICAL music emulation and are very likely going to be quite labor intensive when trying to insert into Pop songs.

A better choice for the task would be the standard GM String Sections available in GM synths, some may feature more strings in Upper Banks, all are designed for use with Pop musics.

After that, learning how to voice strings is extremely important. But an easy research task as everything that can be done with strings that works well has already been done. One can visit local libraries and see if they have mini-scores to peruse, or one can use their ears to transcribe voicings heard on targeted recordings that feature the type of strings wanted in your project.

But you should avoid the assumption that string emulators designed for Classical Music can be used as Pads in Pop recordings, for the most part. There are *many* differences, from bowing, use of vibratos (or not), tones, section siaze (!) -- (Many Pop recordings are made using a rather smallish string section as compared to the full orchestral string sections -- etc. These things make attempts to use such in Pop recordings very difficult if not impossible to get what is needed. Likewise, attempts to create a String Section by making separate tracks of things like "Solo" violins and the like simply cannot sound the same as what happens when an entire section is playing ensemble. Consider just the phase differences that happen because there is no control over the bowing (which, in a live human section, is often decided by the section leader and notated with pencil on the charts before performance ensues).

Don't sell the GM Strings short simply because they are in a GM bank. Of course, different mfrs, price paid for said GM Bank, etc. certainly come into play.

--Mac

Mac #172206 09/05/12 04:02 PM
Off-Topic
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Quote:

Then be advised that many of the aforementioned Strings solutions are geared towards CLASSICAL music emulation and are very likely going to be quite labor intensive when trying to insert into Pop songs.

I'm sorry - I've been unclear here.

I've bought Session Strings, which is a "pop" section (four violins, three violas, two celli and two double basses). It's the smaller, more gritty sound that I'd been looking for.

But... I was wondering if there was a library that had a solo violin sound that's particular good as a stand alone instrument. There are a lot of libraries that have a solo violin, but they aren't necessarily good all by themselves, outside the context of a section. In particular, I'm thinking more in terms of slow, melodic lines instead of fancy passagework.

I've played with the solo violins in GPO, and with a bit of MIDI editing I've managed to get some good sounds out of it. But "the grass is always green on the other side", and I wondered if there are any other affordable options.

I've also got the Miroslav Philharmonik library, and I think I've underestimated what that solo violin is capable of. I've heard some excellent demos that use it, and I think working with that would be time well spent.

I've also played with the demo version of the Kirk Hunter Concert Strings 2, which includes a "solo division" version of the violin - basically the same samples as in the Kirk Hunter Solo Strings 2 library. The solo violin is very good (as are the sectional strings), but sounds a bit more like it's intended to be part of a section, instead of as stand-alone instrument.

So I was wondering if people had opinions (good or bad) about the usability of the violins in any of these libraries as solo instruments.

dcuny #172207 09/05/12 07:24 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
A cousin of mine has produced a product called "Cinematic Strings". It seems to have some pretty good reviews... I don't really know anything about it myself as I have no need for sample libraries etc.: all my music comes out of the end of my trombone...

http://www.cinematicstrings.com/

Oh yeah, it uses Kontakt 5

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!
Lawrie #172208 09/05/12 09:42 PM
Off-Topic
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Quote:

A cousin of mine has produced a product called "Cinematic Strings".

That's a new one to me, thanks!

The library sounds quite nice. It also uses the Kontakt player, so it doesn't need the full version of Kontakt.

On the downside, at $500 it's too pricey for my budget, and no solo instruments. But cool anyway! It's nice to see new players in the game.

-- David Cuny

dcuny #172209 09/06/12 09:05 AM
Off-Topic
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
I put together a small test of the Miroslav Philharmonik solo violin: Miroslav Solo Violin Test. The backing piano is BiaB, with an auto-generated melody also from BiaB, so it's probably not the most wonderful melody ever.

I've used a variety of articulations, edited the dynamics, and added a number of slurs. I'm sort of ambivalent about the end result, but I think it's representative of the instrument.

-- David Cuny

dcuny #172210 09/06/12 09:07 AM
Off-Topic
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
David:

You mentioned having IK's Miroslav Philharmonik. If you don't already have IK's Symphony Strings 2, you might consider getting it. It's from the Xpansion Tank 2 series.

It could be a no-brainer right now because, until the end of the day at least, eSoundz has it available through their extended Labor Day Sale for $10. http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4738

While I can't recall if Xpansion Tank 2 samples are accessible via Miroslav, all Xpansion Tank 2 samples AND the Miroslav samples you already have are accessible through the current versions of SampleTank 2.x. If you already have SampleTank 2.x, you should be good to go with any Xpansion Tank 2 samples. If you don't have SampleTank 2.x, you can download SampleTank FREE which, as its name implies, is free and comes with 'bout a half-gigabyte of free samples. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank/index.php?pp=sampletank-2-xl-versions

And that's pretty much all I've got t' say 'bout all of that.

Be well, be happy.

Sincerely, Bro. Dave
http://www.brodavelister.com/

Off-Topic
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Thanks for the tip!

Looking at the sample names in the set, I believe that I've got the same set in the Miroslav Philharmonik. I hope so - it takes long enough to load! I picked up the smaller Miroslav Philharmonik CE (Classik Edition) library as a $15 deal, and they had a fairly low cost upgrade to the full edition the following month.

It seems that IK has parted the Miroslav library out in refills for various VSTis, which makes it hard to tell if an offering is a new collection of sounds or not. Additionally, Miroslav issued a new library entitled String Ensembles: Composer’s Dream a couple of years ago. Apparently it had quite a number of serious issues, and was retooled and reissued. But it's a different library - more expensive than Miroslav Philharmonik, and only containing string ensembles.

The Symphony Strings 2 SampleTank Expansion lists Violin 38_Oct Slides and Violin 40 slides_OP, which I hadn't seen in my library. If I can find them, I'll see if they're usable. I incorporated slides into my demo using MIDI pitch commands, but true slides would be awesome. If I modify the Miroslav violin demo, I might also work on adding some volume curves to some of the attacks as well, to see if they help ease some of the abruptness. Some of my phrasing needs a lot of work - the transition from note to note is too mechanical.

dcuny #172212 09/06/12 03:56 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Quote:

I put together a small test of the Miroslav Philharmonik solo violin: Miroslav Solo Violin Test. The backing piano is BiaB, with an auto-generated melody also from BiaB, so it's probably not the most wonderful melody ever.

I've used a variety of articulations, edited the dynamics, and added a number of slurs. I'm sort of ambivalent about the end result, but I think it's representative of the instrument.

David, If you would like you could send me your BiaB file and I will substitute your sounds with some of the sounds that I have. Just let me know. Hopefully other could also do the same.

MarioD #172213 09/06/12 05:36 PM
Off-Topic
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
I appreciate the offer, but.. I spent about 4 hours tweaking the MIDI in Reaper to get different articulations and velocity settings. I modified a number of the lines so they were a bit more typical of a violin, such as adding the scale runs, so it's no longer a BiaB file.

It was a great learning experience for me, but I'd hate to have someone else spend that kind of time on a demo that isn't very awesome to start with.

While I could import the MIDI data back into BiaB if you really wanted, all I really want is something that shows off the solo violin sound in the Kirk Hunter library. Basically, I'm just trying to determine how well the instrument sounds on its own, and how smooth the changes are from one articulation to the next.

At this point, I'm debating between the following options:
  • Quantum Leap Solo Violin I really want to like this, but I don't think it's got the "sound" that I'm looking for.
    Pros: Sounds awesome in a classical context. Fairly inexpensive.
    Cons: A bit restrained and away from the mike - it's a very quiet sound. Requires an iLok. Sustained samples are surprisingly short. Sounds a bit synthetic.
  • Kirk Hunter Pop Rock Strings I promised myself that if this library came up on sale, I'd pick it up. But I'm not quite sure how the violin sounds as a solo instrument. Are the legato phrases smooth? Is it capable of singing the melody, and not sounding like it's been sequenced?
    Pros: On sale for a good price, and I'd get sectional strings in addition to solo instruments. On sale!
    Cons: Too many unanswered questions!
  • Use What I've Got: Perhaps the most compelling option. I don't have a project that needs a solo violin at the moment... I've just been looking for a good violin sound for some time. The instruments that I've got (GPO, Miroslav) actually sound pretty darned good, and I'm not quite convinced that the prior options will be that much better.
I really wish I was in love with one of the sounds, but I'm not... yet. But I'm willing to be convinced!

-- David Cuny

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,637
Posts735,331
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181