Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#191197 - 02/09/13 06:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
vzudell Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Otter Lake, Michigan
Enjoyed listening to this song! Not a fault to be found in my opinion. Also appreciated the links to Demo Singer. Been looking for just that service also. And as for the cost, it's pretty reasonable considering what most demo services in Nashville are priced at nowadays.
Val

#191198 - 02/09/13 07:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Noel,

This is a big time song with an over the top performance.

I am surprised we are not hearing this on the radio.

I love everything about it.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#191199 - 02/10/13 06:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Danny C.]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Val,

Thank you for visiting and having a listen. I appreciate your words. I'm glad the information about demosinger.com was useful

All the best,
Noel

#191200 - 02/10/13 06:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Danny C.]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Danny,

Thank you! Positive feedback is always welcome. I knew when I wrote this song that it would be unlikely that anyone would be interested in it because it's a waltz. Songwriting is my hobby and, at the end of the day, I'm not really fussed if my songs become known or not. I'll just keep on plodding along and enjoying myself come what may.

All the best,
Noel

#191201 - 02/10/13 07:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Noel,

I'm really late to the party on this one. Been living in the studio so I haven't listened to much. Beautiful changes. Excellent song!

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#191202 - 02/13/13 03:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: 90 dB]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Bob,

Thanks for taking time out from the studio to have a listen. I appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

#191203 - 02/13/13 07:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
Dazzman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: London England
Noel

Rock on this is sweeet !

D

#191204 - 02/13/13 07:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
Dazzman Offline
Enthusiast

Noel

This is sweeeet !

D

#191205 - 02/16/13 05:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Dazzman]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hey Dazzman!

Thank you!!!

All the best,
Noel

#191206 - 02/16/13 01:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Noel,

to save time I plan to order a rubber stamp that says "WOW, Another fantastic song, Noel!"

I've noticed that some of my favorite songwriters on Song Ramp routinely employ pros to help them make demos. Apparently that can make the difference between actually getting listened to, or not. People looking for "the Nashville sound" seem to be anal retentive about not deviating from the formula (which rarely includes an Aussie accent)

On the other hand, when submitting your songs in the UK, Australia or New Zealand, the Nashville singer may be a liability.

Selling songs involves wearing a lot of hats... lyric writing, the ability to record catchy music and then mix and master it... and finally the marketing of it. I'd say you've done a great job of learning every aspect of this business. I expect that you will reap the rewards of your diligence

Thanks for your willingness to share your knowledge on the forum.

#191207 - 02/16/13 04:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Pat Marr]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Pat,

Just to set the record straight, I have lots and lots of crap songs. Unlike Dylan, "Noel96, The Early Years", would have people heading for the mute button faster than a flash of lightning. Pat Pattison once said at seminar that 90% of Dylan's work is not his best 10%. I'm a GREAT subscriber to that thought

Steve Seskin, who has a number of Number One hits to his name, always gets others to record demos of his songs even though he's a very competent performer himself (have a listen to him here). Steve says that the interpretation that other professional singers bring to his songs adds something that he cannot.

As for being successful ... I'm too lazy for that to happen! That's why it's lucky that songwriting is just a hobby for me.

Thank you for once again visiting one of my songs and starting my day with a smile.

All the best,
Noel

#191208 - 02/16/13 05:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
Dazzman Offline
Enthusiast

Noel

That goes for every songwriter out there, no one starts out writing hits, its like journey and evolution, we all peak at different times maybe your time is now. If you have a substantial body of works with songs equal to this (or better) then your in with a chance, you have to work on the basis that out of three great songs you write one might be a hit and that's if you have very good industry connections on top.

I am not sure about the waltz thing in modern pop but I will assume that country music is your thing and so Nashville would have a place for this unless they've gone all pop/rock these days.

Best Wishes

Darren

#191209 - 02/17/13 05:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Dazzman]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it Who knows what the future holds!

All the best with your own songwriting,
Noel

#191210 - 02/17/13 01:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
PatrickH Offline
Apprentice

Noel,
Nice song and arrangement. I'm not sure waltzes are going out of fashion. They do seem to be few and far between. But the ones that hit really seem to have staying power as time goes on. Here's hoping that your's "Hits."

-Patrick

#191211 - 02/17/13 02:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
Don R Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Hmmm... I didn't realize y'all "finalized" your songs before posting here. I've just been posting rough/dry mixes. I guess that explains some things.

I definately appreciated the phrasing and the waltz tempo... delicious.

#191212 - 02/17/13 07:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

nice tune.... it certainly sounds good.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#191213 - 02/17/13 09:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Noel96]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi noel this is a great production +12 very clear well done everything thanks for sharing eric

#191214 - 02/19/13 05:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: PatrickH]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Patrick,

I'm with you, I like waltzes too. There's something very hypnotic and relaxing about good waltz. I guess Strauss managed to prove this very successfully! Thank you for taking time out of your day to have a listen and to comment. I appreciate it. Whether or not my song 'hits', at least I can say I have had some fun with BIAB getting done

All the best,
Noel

#191215 - 02/19/13 05:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Don R]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Don,

Thank you! You're the first person EVER to use the word delicious as a comment on one of my songs. It's a very visual adjective. I like it

Not all songs that are posted here are finalized. They vary from rough drafts to polished demos. That being said, there is a bit of a leaning in the posts towards getting a song as polished sounding as a person knows how. It's a great little community here and very supportive.

All the best,
Noel

#191216 - 02/19/13 05:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Always There" [Re: Guitarhacker]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Guitarhacker,

Muchas gracias for having a listen! I'm glad that you didn't mind the waltz either. It's a pity it's not a popular time signature. Oh well, it will come back one day

All the best,
Noel

Edited by Noel96 (02/19/13 06:09 AM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27612 Members
50 Forums
52207 Topics
432071 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dolph, annzpdas01, drummingsteve, MichLeon, dave1990

27613 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 190
Noel96 166