Page 14 of 23 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#218297 - 10/16/13 06:42 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I got my PV6 USB mixer in today (yea!). For some reason I can't stereo output into my webcam on my Vista 32-bit machine. I have my MP3 player plugged into the PV6 via the RCA stereo inputs. Sounds fine on the PV6 headphone out. I adjusted the Control Panel --> Sound --> USB audio --> advanced properties to do the 2-channel setting thing (it was set a 1 channel), but still comes across as mono via the webcam (a logitech 500).

The good news is that I can get stereo over on my windows 7 64 bit laptop's webcam, so all is not lost. However the Vista is my music computer so it would be convenient to use that machine and the web cam there.

I've posted over on the peavey forum -- let's see if anyone over there has any ideas!

Kevin

#218298 - 10/16/13 07:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

A little confused as Vista & 7 are so similar however the issue may be this. The output from the mixer needs to go to the input(line) of the computer used to broadcast. The newer machines only have a mono input so you won't get true stereo however you should get mono on 2 channels.I think this is what you are getting on the 7 machine. Should be able to do the same on the Vista one.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#218299 - 10/16/13 07:09 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I am going through the USB port and a stereo signal is being sent from the PV6 to the PC. I double check, but I think I am getting a stereo signal over on the window 7 laptop. I choose a test file that has the acoustic guitars panned 100% Left and right so it is easy to tell if it is stereo output.

#218300 - 10/16/13 07:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
chulaivet1966 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: West coast
Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
I am going through the USB port and a stereo signal is being sent from the PV6 to the PC.

I'm envisioning that it's a linear plug (1/8" jack) that goes into the PC.
So...are you sure the patch cord to the PC is a stereo jack?

If I'm wrong or missed something ignore this post.

Carry on....
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?78446-chulaivet1966

#218303 - 10/16/13 08:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

The PV6 has a USB out?
15.6" Monitor

#218310 - 10/16/13 09:48 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: silvertones]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
I'm envisioning that it's a linear plug (1/8" jack) that goes into the PC....

It's a USB connection (and the turkeys at Peavey don't even supply the USB cord!)

Originally Posted By: silvertones
The PV6 has a USB out?

It's a "PV6 USB" -- same as the PV6 except with USB. For some reason with the PV6 USB, the phantom power seems to be 15V. I don't know if my condenser mic will work with that. I have a preamp ready in case it doesn't.

#218314 - 10/17/13 12:01 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
can I ask what kind of preamp? I've been thinking about getting a tube preamp to soften the digital signal on my guitar

#218317 - 10/17/13 02:28 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Kevin

It maybe a bit of a dumb question but is the sound coming out of both headphones in mono (so just the "stereo effect" is missing)?

If so, I have never actually checked but my setup may also be doing the same thing. I plug my mixer "out" into the 1/8 inch microphone jack on my computer, using a stereo cable.

(When I purchased my new laptop I made sure that it had both an 1/8 inch headphone out and a 1/8 inch microphone in)

I see you are using USB to connect your mixer. Is a USB port stereo?

#218325 - 10/17/13 07:40 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: JoanneCooper]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
can I ask what kind of preamp? I've been thinking about getting a tube preamp to soften the digital signal on my guitar

I use a Art Tube MP Studio preamp -- it was only $29 when I got it. I am using it when I just do the one mic guitar/vocal thing.

Originally Posted By: jo131
...but is the sound coming out of both headphones in mono (so just the "stereo effect" is missing)?

If so, I have never actually checked but my setup may also be doing the same thing. I plug my mixer "out" into the 1/8 inch microphone jack on my computer, using a stereo cable. ...

I see you are using USB to connect your mixer. Is a USB port stereo?

Seems to be mono signal coming out of both the left and right in the headphones. I am not 100% sure, though. I'll have to check that out a little closer.

Sounds like you are using a mono signal, too -- but if you are it still sounds pretty good! My mono signal is degraded too much for me -- which means I am not that great of a recording engineer (ha, ha). My pro reference tracks sound quite good in mono (but again, not quite as good as in stereo).

The docs say that the PV6 is sending a stereo signal through the USB port. ... it seems that way to me also (based on the laptop). Maybe I'll try using audacity sometime today and see if audacity hears the stereo signal on my Vista machine.

Kevin

#218332 - 10/17/13 08:16 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quick update: Audacity records the stereo output from the PV6 mixer just fine. Looks like the problem rests with the Logitech webcam 500. I haven't found any topic about this via google searching so I might have to go straight to logitech support. The problem is that, percentage wise, there aren't that many people doing this type of stiff it seems!

#218338 - 10/17/13 09:29 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
Quick update: Audacity records the stereo output from the PV6 mixer just fine. Looks like the problem rests with the Logitech webcam 500. I haven't found any topic about this via google searching so I might have to go straight to logitech support. The problem is that, percentage wise, there aren't that many people doing this type of stiff it seems!

OK so the PV6 is your audio device & the 500 is video.I don't see why one affects the other.I have a Logitech HD ??? web cam & use an Audidgy 2 ZS Notebook card for the audio and neither interfere with the other.
15.6" Monitor

#218339 - 10/17/13 09:31 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

BTW disable the audio portion of the webcam. Make sure in the sound appelett for windows that the PV6 is selected for the "voice" feature.
15.6" Monitor

#218353 - 10/17/13 01:35 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

There is a possibility that what you hear over streejelly is mono only! Does anyone have any more info on that. I thought you could send and hear stereo audio. If that is the case, then I may just remix my backing tracks to send better in mono (but they aren't terrible as is.

In any case, I needed a mixer anyway to get the MP3 player and guitar/vocal combined.

#218357 - 10/17/13 02:49 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Just got a reply from Frankie and he says:
Originally Posted By: Frankie @ SJ
Hi Kevin,
Yes, the rtmp stream produced by the Flash encoder is reading in a single microphone source. That source is then combined with the video into one stream. The audio is set at the highest rate of 44khz (if not limited by the local pc or sound/mic drivers). Long story short, yes it is mono.

Frank Podlaha
StreetJelly.com

Oh well, I'll see if my vista machine is adequate. I might still have a 1-channel vs. 2-channel issue, so I may have to use my laptop. In any case, I might need to remix my backing tracks so they sound a little better in mono (they aren't that bad now).

I wonder what tricks you use to get separation is mono -- eq and reverb?

#218384 - 10/17/13 05:47 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I found a third party webcam software product called ManyCam which allows me to record/stream in stereo. Of course I have an issue when try to I try to record the video into an *.avi file -- but nothing is ever easy!!!!!

Of course, the sound you will be hearing at SJ is mono, but at least I can monitor and mix in stereo and the resulting mono signal should be OK for my purposes -- or at least time will tell.

Page 14 of 23 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 >

PG Music News
RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 505 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can update their version with the latest patch - Build 505.

This patch can be downloaded here.

Summary of changes for Build 505:

Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
Updated: Help file and manuals.
Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#505

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows... Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.
TIP: If you load one of the video RealTracks bands, you will have video RealTracks on 5 tracks, and you can make a video of 1-5 musicians!

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows packages during our December special.
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Holiday Special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: Video link - "Video RealTracks Sets 1-6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows"

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)! Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=qDFYZMjrzAI

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade, on sale until December 31st!

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 4 - Available for both Windows and Mac!

We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 4 with over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles! These new RealStyles will work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition.

To add to the excitement of this release, we're putting all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned with Band-in-a-Box® 2018, and is now built in to the program! Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app that was not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but now the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit Window!

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 2 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can download a small (free) patch update for their purchase!

Summary of patch update:
Access violation if clicking on Guitar Window or Big Piano when there isn't any notation window currently open.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_2

Forum Stats
26697 Members
50 Forums
48806 Topics
398844 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Phil Taylor, Poppins, Mannnolo, sebz77, KGU 2

26697 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 364