Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#219153 - 10/26/13 10:03 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Deadlines are what makes things happen! (ha, ha)

#219171 - 10/26/13 02:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Kevin and JosieC,

I marvel at your comfort levels in front of the camera... you both seem very at ease throughout your sets.

I'm an introvert who can't really get up in front of people unless I am totally prepared, and something about the random glitches I've experienced on SJ keeps me from feeling totally prepared.

I may have to try a different delivery system besides the JukeBox... apparently I don't understand it well enough, because it never responds the way I'm expecting... which also serves to disrupt the ol' confidence.

Also the time it takes to get every aspect of a track nailed down is daunting... especially the way I'm doing it, with embedded MIDI commands to synch the vocal processor and guitar effects with the tracks.

I plan to retire in May, at which time I will have far more opportunity to work on tracks... until then, I'm not going to frustrate myself by presenting insufficiently-prepared songs on SJ.

But I'll still tune in to watch and tip anyone else from here who may decide to give it a whirl. Still waiting on Danny Campo and Josie Beck

#219172 - 10/26/13 02:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Pat Marr]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Pat,

Missed your show today but everything I have heard from you so far has been top notch. With this said if I were you I would not give it up. I for one of many would like to keep you on stage.

Now for me . . . I am still tweaking my new sound system for my weekly live gigs so at this point in time in no way do I feel confident enough with the sound (especially considering a totally new delivery method)to go live on air. Therefore I feel I am still a few weeks away from jumping in with both feet.

PS: I will take you up on your offer to help with the on air setup questions. Thanks again.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#219173 - 10/26/13 02:35 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Missed Josie and Pat today, but truly enjoyed Kevin's set.

Good job Kevin!

Later,

#219175 - 10/26/13 02:42 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

A pretty good showing from the PG Music crowd!

Thanks for the sound level comment Pat. It means I just need to trust my headphone mix better. The backing tracks did seem lower to me than my guitar/vocal part. I'll ease off on my mic a bit and then turn up the overall gain a tad.

For the first time using backing tracks, it went as well as can be expected. I probably need to set Sonar to mono when I practice -- it might give me a better sense of what you all are hearing.

#219177 - 10/26/13 03:37 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Kevin,

I caught most of your set today and I really enjoyed the originals. Good work.

FWIW, I think it sounds better when the backing tracks are lower in volume so you can hear the performer actually playing instead of having bass and drums in your face.

It makes the performance more intimate and real, but that's just my opinion so YMMV.

Keep it up.

#219197 - 10/26/13 07:44 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
... I caught most of your set today and I really enjoyed the originals. Good work.

FWIW, I think it sounds better when the backing tracks are lower in volume so you can hear the performer actually playing instead of having bass and drums in your face.
It makes the performance more intimate and real, but that's just my opinion so YMMV.

Thanks for stopping by and listening. You make a good point there. However, I am mostly using backing tracks to increase my enjoyment of playing at StreetJelly (ha, ha). The better the headphone mix sounds, the more enjoyment I will have, The bottom line (for me) is that doing just the guitar/vocal thing for 30 or 40 minutes isn't that exciting. I won't adjust the mix that much -- just a little.

The funny thing is that I still lean more towards the purist point of view -- everything should be played live in a performance! But since I use BIAB in my recordings, I am definitely not a strict fundamentalist. ... and watching others at SJ use backing tracks (like JosieC, Pat, SilverTones and Lana) is making me more accepting of it. Maybe I am becoming less dogmatic as I get older -- isn't that the opposite of what it usually happens? (LOL!)

As JosieC does, I will be mixing in straight acoustic numbers along backing track numbers -- I think that will work best for me. I think the main difference between her backing tracks and mine is that hers really do an excellent job of supporting her singing and performance while mine seem to be a larger part of the actual song experience (if that makes any sense). I'll stop there now -- time to watch football and partake in legal adult beverages.

#219198 - 10/26/13 08:14 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
... As for level, do you have any adapters to go from RCA Male to 1/4" mono - if so, just use the 1/4" ins on channels 1 and 2 on the PV6 where you have some input gain adjustment. Too bad there isn't a tape monitor adjustment....

This idea worked beautifully!!!!! I have a 3/4 Left/right (and a 5/6) that is made just for this purpose -- or at least stereo input of some sort. Now I have full gain control over the MP3 player. Thanks for the great idea!

Kevin

I'm glad that worked out for you. There's always more than one way to skin a cat.

-Scott

#219199 - 10/26/13 08:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Danny C.]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Missed Josie and Pat today, but truly enjoyed Kevin's set.

Good job Kevin!

Thanks for the support. It is good to have regulars from PG Music forum land.

#219348 - 10/28/13 02:54 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
I nearly missed all this since Saturday. Guess I've been sleeping! Thanks for all the support guys. I really appreciate it! Kevin, I didn't manage to catch your set as I had a dinner date.

I have been playing with backing tracks for a long time. I played in a two woman band called Alice Band and we exclusively used backing tracks so I am used to it. I am generally a terrible "cheat". I mostly use professionally produced backing tracks. A place like karaoke-version has most stuff that I need. I only use BIAB where I literally can't find the backing track and, of course, for my original stuff. I also have a fabulous chord recognition program.

So, if I know the song quite well it doesn't take me very long to put it together well enough to perform it. If anybody is interested in learning more about my backing tracks just PM me.

Pat, keep going buddy! You are doing well!

#219473 - 10/29/13 10:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Oh by the way, I forgot to ask (I think) -- how was the sound quality of the backing tracks? Did they seem normal or did the conversion to mono make them sound weird. I am hearing everything in hi-fi stereo and I have no idea what it sounds like out there. I hope they sound nearly as good as Pat's (or JosieC's).

I am currently working on 10 new backing tracks for Saturday!

#219476 - 10/29/13 10:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Sound was fine, I'd only hope I can get that quality of sound when I jump in.

Later,

#219486 - 10/30/13 12:20 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Oh by the way, I forgot to ask (I think) -- how was the sound quality of the backing tracks? Did they seem normal or did the conversion to mono make them sound weird. I am hearing everything in hi-fi stereo and I have no idea what it sounds like out there.

Kevin,
I thought they sounded VERY good! On this end sound came out both sets of speakers, so it wasn't obvious that I was listening to a MONO signal. It just sounded good, natural, and appropriate. Having listened to some of the same songs as posted on the user forum, hearing all the parts seemed like "the whole song" (as opposed to a stripped down version)

Quote:
I am currently working on 10 new backing tracks for Saturday!

cool! I'll be there to populate the peanut gallery! I look forward to hearing your new stuff!

#219500 - 10/30/13 09:19 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

DannyC and Pat: Thanks for the info, that is comforting (ha, ha). The new backing track songs should be interesting, they are songs that I have never really played "live", so I had better practice all week!

I think tommytooter got tossed from SJ (DannyC know who I am talking about -- I think).

#219502 - 10/30/13 10:00 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

I saw that guy! My goodness what a whacko! It was like watching paint dry, except the audience was having a great time. .

I have got my old band mate from "Alice Band" days to join us on streetjelly. If you like my stuff you'll LOVE hers. She is enormously talented. Favourite her. Her profile is toot sweet

#219504 - 10/30/13 10:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

jo131: Yea, he should have changed his handle to TommyTalker! I just checked out toot sweet. She is saying some interesting things about you in her bio! (ha, ha).

#219505 - 10/30/13 10:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

She has a very short memory....it was HER that fell off the stage not me!

#219506 - 10/30/13 10:50 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

I think tommytooter got tossed from SJ (DannyC know who I am talking about -- I think).

Kevin,
how would you know about something like that? Are you on the SJ facebook page?

#219515 - 10/30/13 12:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

No, I was checking his "show" and he got in a verbal tussle with attendee where he cursed, discussed drug use and other weird stuff and then I noticed he was "off the air". I was still watching him stream, but if you went to the home page you couldn't get into his show. Then all of his SJ info was gone. I guess he could have quit -- but everything was gone so fast.

Edited by Kemmrich (10/30/13 12:32 PM)

#219560 - 10/31/13 03:00 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Anyone heard of/used StreetJelly.com? [Re: Kemmrich]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Set List for Saturday 12:00 noon Eastern time.

Special set for Cuzzie my old band mate who will be joining us from Oman. So I'm gonna be doing a selection of stuff we used to play together.

1. Baby I love your way - Peter Frampton
2. Build me up buttercup - The Foundations
3. If tomorrow never comes - Garth Brooks
4. Loving arms - Dixie Chicks
5. Still the one - Shania Twain
6. Memories of East Texas (acoustic) - Michelle Shocked
7. Sail Away (acoustic) - David Gray
8. Stuck in the middle - Steelers Wheel
9. Jessie (Time permitting) - Joshua Kadison

Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Here are some tutorial videos we've created to help you install your Band-in-a-Box® purchase.

Our Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, and PlusPAK are delivered as a download, on DVD, or on a 32GB USB flash drive.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from DVD: click here to watch.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from the 32GB flash drive: click here to watch.
Your flash drive shipment also includes a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

The Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK is available as a download or shipped on a portable hard drive. When you receive the hard drive version, there are a few different installation options:

Option #1 - Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to watch.

Option #2 - Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks and RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to watch.

Option #3 - Install Band-in-a-Box® AND RealTracks on your computer hard drive: click here to watch.

All of these videos are available on our YouTube Channel or Videos support page.

Video - Making A Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Ever wonder how to create a song in Band-in-a-Box®? We start off with the basics in our latest video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

Windows users: click here | Mac users: click here

RealTracks Patch Update for Windows Users

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest RealTracks update patch (519) here.

This patch includes some RealTracks audio updates we have made since the release of Band-in-a-Box 2018. 2018 users should be sure to download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2018 update patch (519), as that patch includes the bulk of the fixes for RealTracks released with 2018. This is a larger download than typical because it updates the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks audio files. There is more information and Audiophile patches available here.

Summary of RealTracks Audio updates:
Improved: There were small issues with the tuning of several Bass styles. This has been fixed for both the original mix and the direct input mix. This affects the following RealTracks:
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow128Byron Sw 040
- Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
- Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
Improved: Audio glitches have been removed from the ends of phrases in the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest (free) update patch (519) here.

Summary of changes:
Added: Additional dialog available for detailed information in the StyleMaker (fields for memo, examples, and other parameters). These are set in the StyleMaker (more dialog, a button called "Style Memos etc").
Added: Help Video button Added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Improved: ABC opening improvements with some accidentals, and leadin bars that occur in middle of song.
Improved: Audio harmonies now used Improved algorithms, and can be easily set using N voices above, M voices below (and have additional functions like duplicate melody, and dup. melody octave below).
Improved: Lyrics will be now read from .mid files that used to be karaoke files (.kar) and got renamed somewhere along the line.
Improved: Support for RealTracks that should be transposed only lower (ie heavy metal guitars) and for future Improved metal guitar comping.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: Audio harmonies might be missing some notes.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with error "Read Beyond end of file".
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box should show message if the latest VJT application is not installed when the user tries to render videos.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open Audio was importing audio instead of opening it in a new song.
Fixed: In the Bar Settings window, "Chordsheet and Notation - Start a New Line" should say "Notation - Start a New Line".
Fixed: It was not possible to record audio using WAS audio drivers if "Output always on" was disabled.
Fixed: Misc. RealTracks updates.
Fixed: Quicklist drums picker sometimes showing too many drums in the list.
Fixed: Redundant flash messages were showing.
Fixed: Removing a custom drums from a track would still display Drums as the name of the loop in the track.
Fixed: Rendering audio while there is a region of bars highlighted in the chord sheet might cause a crash.
Fixed: Saving a MIDI file would fail unless saving as type 1.
Fixed: Some 12-key RealTracks were incorrectly set to allow transposition.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog was missing the new Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: The VJT application should print out its version number in log files.

Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Forum Stats
27638 Members
50 Forums
52292 Topics
432874 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
PWC, malcolmdanny45, IgorKo, run97410, LeftyMark

27637 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 181