Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#212100 - 08/12/13 11:28 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: babarton]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
It was very nice seeing you guys on the video. It looked like you two were having a lot of fun together.

John, excellent singing and bass playing.

Danny and I did get together one night in Biloxi Mississippi. As part of our Florida vacation my wife and I were visiting her sister in Florida’s panhandle. I had emailed Danny and told him when I was going to be there and he suggested we meet in Biloxi, which was half way from where I was and where he lives. All four of us, me, Danny and our wives had a great time together.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - 2017 BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#212106 - 08/12/13 12:15 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: MarioD]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Originally Posted By: MarioD
It was very nice seeing you guys on the video. It looked like you two were having a lot of fun together.

Danny and I did get together one night in Biloxi Mississippi. As part of our Florida vacation my wife and I were visiting her sister in Florida’s panhandle. I had emailed Danny and told him when I was going to be there and he suggested we meet in Biloxi, which was half way from where I was and where he lives. All four of us, me, Danny and our wives had a great time together.

Big Ditto what Mario said!

Although I really enjoyed the little video of John and Pat on the front porch, and keep in mind we don't have any videos to prove it, I still can't help but think Mario and I are prettier. Not by much mind you, but prettier none the less.

What do you think Mario?

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#212108 - 08/12/13 12:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Danny C.]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
When this thread started, I was still working and the time involved would have been prohibitive. However, now that I am .... wait for it .... RETIRED I would (will) be able to make a BIAB gathering.

Will it be like the old days of Apple where the 2 groups inside Apple were actually hated rivals? The Macintosh guys hated the Apple guys to the point where there were fistfights inside the Apple campus.

I can see it now. The BIAB guys rumbling with the RB guys. The Montagues and the Capulets, The Jets and the Sharks....

Although if this goes down in Atlanta or North Carolina, we'd have to bring some Yankee and Rebel into it, no? Maybe all the guys from above the Mason Dixon line wear blue and the guys below wear gray?

As long as I can find a dog friendly place to stay, I am in. Scuff goes everywhere with me. Renting a cabin sounds awesome but I don't know how that would fly with my overly friendly dog there wanting to jump in everybody's lap to lick their face. I had a FedEx delivery last week. By the time I got done signing for the box, she was sitting on the seat of the truck wanting to go for a ride. THAT friendly. Very confused by my being home every day, since I am now .... wait for it .... RETIRED!

#212111 - 08/12/13 12:55 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Danny C.]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
John, you have one helluva one-man band.

He really does! It blows my mind that with his talent and well-crafted backing tracks and his amazing gear setup he is not working daily... but, that's probably a function of where he lives more than its a function of what he can do. But *I* am very impressed with John's entire musical capability. He's got it together.

Quote:
Although I really enjoyed the little video of John and Pat on the front porch, and keep in mind we don't have any videos to prove it, I still can't help but think Mario and I are prettier. Not by much mind you, but prettier none the less.

you'll get no argument from ME on that one! (John will have to speak for himself)

Quote:
Renting a cabin sounds awesome but I don't know how that would fly with my overly friendly dog there wanting to jump in everybody's lap to lick their face

OK, next year I will try to rent a cabin in the mountains of NC and everybody will be invited (depending on finances at that time... things tend to change unexpectedly at this age.)

It would probably be less expensive before the leaves start turning, but maybe less spectacular too. I noticed on the drive to John's that there are LOTS of white water excursions in that area. Also lots of fishing. B ut I'd rather just get a place that's far enough away from everybody that we can set up the PA and have a long jam session.

We can have some group input about what time most people could make it.

And if this one doesn't meet every need, then there's always the option of lotsa small meetings spread out regionally... (see Eddies thread)

#212123 - 08/12/13 03:00 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Danny C.]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Big Ditto what Mario said!

What do you think Mario?

Later,

Amen my twin from a different mother, amen!

We can say that because no one took our picture!

No we are not going to put up pictures of ourselves to prove it. You will just have to imagine it! We are laugh laugh laugh

64 bit Win 10 Pro - 2017 BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#212616 - 08/18/13 03:10 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Danny C.]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

A few final thoughts before this thread falls through the cracks for another year...

1) quite a few forum members have expressed an interest in regional get-togethers

2) those who aren't retired yet need to plan vacations well in advance because most employers want a rough draft of planned vacation time by the end of January.

3) The upshot is that anybody who is serious about hosting something should announce a tentative date ASAP. Details can be worked out later, but that would give people time to plan, and it would give the host advance notice of attendance.

#227429 - 12/11/13 02:28 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Danny C.]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

speaking of forum member get togethers, I finally met Jim Fogle!

We both live in Winston Salem, but could never find a common time slot until today

Apparently neither of us looks like our avatars, because we stood across from each other for a while without realizing it was the person we were supposed to meet.

Jim is a very nice fellow, and we had about an hour of conversation in the lobby of a local restaurant before we both had to rush off to other commitments. Next time maybe we'll have time to actually EAT at the restaurant as we talk.

I'm sure we'll meet again. Still waiting for a regional get-together.

#227489 - 12/11/13 01:36 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Pat Marr]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Pat, Jim asked my opinion of you. I had to be honest!

#227491 - 12/11/13 01:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Danny C.]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Danny, dogs are excellent barometers of people. If your dog still wags it's tail and licks your hand or allows you to pet it, then you are A-Numero Uno in my tome!

#227554 - 12/11/13 08:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Don Gaynor]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Danny, dogs are excellent barometers of people. If your dog still wags it's tail and licks your hand or allows you to pet it, then you are A-Numero Uno in my tome!

Marley loves me Don . . . never mind that juicy center cut pork chop I have tied around my neck!

Later,

#227561 - 12/11/13 09:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Danny C.]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Danny, old man, you are a filbert, cashew, pea, walnut, macadamia, pecan, or sumkina nut.

#227602 - 12/12/13 12:15 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Don Gaynor]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Pat, Jim asked my opinion of you. I had to be honest!

maybe that explains why he kept asking if I had an axe with me. You went and told him about all the murders, didn't you??

#227679 - 12/12/13 09:57 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Pat Marr]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
speaking of forum member get togethers, I finally met Jim Fogle!

We both live in Winston Salem, but could never find a common time slot until today

Apparently neither of us looks like our avatars, because we stood across from each other for a while without realizing it was the person we were supposed to meet.

I'd love to be a dancing chicken but Don already has that avatar taken.

Jim is a very nice fellow, and we had about an hour of conversation in the lobby of a local restaurant before we both had to rush off to other commitments. Next time maybe we'll have time to actually EAT at the restaurant as we talk.

I taked so much I didn't realize Pat could talk for half an hour. Pat, next time it's all about you.

I'm sure we'll meet again. Still waiting for a regional get-together.

I had a great time and am looking forward to the next meeting. A regional meet would be special too!
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#228179 - 12/14/13 10:50 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Danny C.]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Hey Guys and Guyettes,

I have come to the conclusion that the thought of forum get together (to most members anyway) is sort of like the old saying, "everybody want's to go to heaven but they don't want to die," or something like that.

Merry Christmas All!

Later,

#228192 - 12/14/13 11:51 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Fourm Member Get Togethers - Your Thoughts? [Re: Danny C.]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
We can get together here and nobody has to clean up afterwards

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Features a Cleaned-up BB Folder

If you've used previous versions of Band-in-a-Box®, you may have noticed a lot of different files and folders within the "BB" folder for the program - after years and years of development there are up to 10,000 files for an UltraPAK! With Version 2018, we've cleaned it up - but you're not losing anything - the cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually if you'd like - just select the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine...

Review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson

One of our just-released RealTracks Sets features the award winning harmonica player Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson!
RealTracks Set 283: Jelly-Roll Country Harmonica

Add his harmonica playing to your Band-in-a-Box song for that soulful feel that cannot be matched!

Learn more about "Jelly Roll" Johnson and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK is still available, and includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, 32 MIDI SuperTracks, 108 Instrumental Studies, Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles, and 52 Loops!

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Forum Stats
26966 Members
49 Forums
49708 Topics
406936 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
michelin, ArneFau, Kare Synnes, DrPersson, kenastill

26966 Registered Users