Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#36248 - 09/13/09 01:33 PM RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop)
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

We're recording some more RealTracks Acoustic Piano styles with Miles Black, and are looking for some style suggestions.

These would be typically jazz or pop styles, solo or trio type styles.

Any suggestions are appreciated...

#36249 - 09/13/09 08:25 PM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: PeterGannon]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
How is Miles Black on Latin jazz? Nuyorican, Eddie Palmieri, Rebeca Mauleon styles.

Maybe a Real Track remake of the Latin jazz MIDI styles. I would really like a Real Track version of the Guaracha style in particular.

#36250 - 09/13/09 08:35 PM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: Matt Finley]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Loc: A corner of Vienna, Austria, t...
Stride!

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what

#36251 - 09/14/09 06:57 AM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: WienSam]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
Diana Krall...

#36252 - 09/14/09 10:15 AM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: PeterGannon]
jazzband Offline
Expert

Loc: Kent UK
Hi Peter

the styles of Dr John i thought where excellent and i use them alot so some realtracks of this style of playing would be good

regards Dave Hoskins

#36253 - 09/14/09 12:09 PM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: jazzband]
cubanpete Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Florida, USA
I'm there with Matt and John, also maybe something in the slower tempos for cool ballads at 45-65 bpm.
Good work
Mike Ballara

#36254 - 09/14/09 01:17 PM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: cubanpete]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa 98370
I haven't had the opportunity to go through all the RT stuff yet, but if there's not '8 to the bar' I sure would love to hear some Boogie Woogie stuff.

'Pops' piano, such as Peter Nero, maybe?

Gary

#36255 - 09/14/09 03:52 PM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: Gary Curran]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
If Miles likes to hum he could do a Glen Gould. (Ducks)

#36256 - 09/14/09 10:10 PM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: John Conley]
jphillips Offline
Journeyman

Stride would be great, particularly Teddy Wilson style.

For pop/ acoustic, something in the style of Kenny White would be really good.
He has played on a lot of modern-folk, singer-songwriter projects and always brings something special. You can find a list of his credits here:
http://www.kennywhite.net/pk_credits.htm

This might be a bit off base for your current RT recording, but some country piano Real Tracks would be a good addition. Something in the style of Matt Rollins.
You could throw a dart any any country record made in the late 80's through the early 2000's and chances are he's playing on it. Better yet, get Matt Rollins to record some country piano RTs. That would be fantastic.

Good luck,

John

#36257 - 09/15/09 10:34 AM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: jphillips]
jphillips Offline
Journeyman

You also might want to consider re-recording a couple of the older Jazz acoustic piano RTs. I'm thinking of Piano, Acoustic Rhythm Jazz sw 140 (RTs # 449, 450 and 451) and Piano, Acoustic Rhythm Jazz Ballad sw 085 (RTs # 487, 488, and 489)

The above RTs sound anemic compared to the newer Jazz piano RTs on Sets 53, 54, 57, etc. The new ones have a nice, wider stereo field and warmer tone than the ones listed above.

Thanks.

John

#36258 - 09/16/09 11:05 AM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: PeterGannon]
protostar Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
In the area of pop, how about some Elton John-style arpeggiated piano comping- something like what he played in "Tiny Dancer". Or like the piano in Cat Stevens' "Morning Has Broken".

In Jazz and Bossa styles, I like the selection so far, but can you record similar comping at additional tempos between the ones you already have? The tempo-stretching algorithm for the audio files doesn't work too well, especially at slower tempos than the natively-recorded tempos. I haven't noticed the glitches too much on bass, but I can hear them on piano and guitar.

Regards,
Doug

Edited by protostar (09/16/09 11:06 AM)

#36259 - 09/16/09 02:29 PM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: protostar]
J. Larry Offline
Journeyman

First, I agree with much of what's already been suggested. I would like to see more piano parts across slow, medium, and fast tempos and across a greater variety of styles, especially jazz, latin, ballads, country, and pop. At least real piano parts that could fit, or be used reasonbly across those categories. Also, how about a real track using that Rhodes electric piano sound with chorusing effect?

#36260 - 09/17/09 07:56 AM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: J. Larry]
tradivoro1 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: New York, New York
I think that jazz has been covered pretty much in the midi world of biab. What we could definitely use is more solo pop accompaniment piano, country accompaniment piano, (both particularly for ballads), theater style accompaniments (not klezmer, theater), more new age style accompaniments, a la david lanz, with arpeggio in the left hand.. Anyway, those are my 2 cents...

#36261 - 09/17/09 08:38 AM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: tradivoro1]
Edward Buckley Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Acapulco, Mexico
Hi,

No offense to tradivoro1, but we need much more jazz RTs! These are some I've been thinking about>

1. More content in the tracks! This is the biggest suggestion I have. I just sounds as though the piano player is sitting out, or playing very sparsely. Please consider more tracks in the comping styles of>Herbie Hancock, Keith Jarrett, Oscar Peterson etc, but playing with more content!

2. We need a Burning Be Bop Piano RT. Minimum 250-275.

3. I agree with Matt, we need authentic Montunos. Please listen to Gonzalo Rubacalba or Papa Luca. These Montunos could be used in Jazz styles, but would normally be used in Rhumba, Cha Cha, Salsa/Timba, etc.

4. I think many users would love to have a contemporary RT in the styles of>George Duke and Jeff Lorber. Also solo content would be great.

5. A Bruce Hornsby/Kenny Kirkland type RT and solos for Pop styles.

Hope this helps, a quick thanks to PG music for sending my disks to Mexico FREE of charge!!! What a great company hat's off to Peter again for such an amazing product that just keeps giving and giving!!!!

Ed

#36262 - 09/17/09 10:14 AM Re: RealTracks suggestions wanted for Acoustic Piano (jazz, pop) [Re: Edward Buckley]
Petimar Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Seattle
More modal tracks, plus high tempo bebop.
12 free PDF Instruction Books

www.Jazz-Mandolin.com
Jazz instruction for Mandolin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Sign-up for the PG Music Inc. Newsletter

Sign up for the PG Music Inc. newsletter and you'll receive notifications for new versions of Band-in-a-Box, as well as any other new products we release!

We Have Over 100 RealTracks Artists!

The popular RealTracks feature within Band-in-a-Box brings an exciting human element to your arrangement by adding REAL instruments played by TOP MUSICIANS!
Click here for a full list of the RealTracks Artists available.

RealTracks replace the MIDI track for that instrument, and can be controlled just like the MIDI instrument (volume changes, muting etc.). They follow the chord progression that you have entered, so you hear an authentic audio accompaniment or solo!

RealTracks Artist Rebeca Mauleón - Upcoming Appearance!

Rebeca Mauleón joins Carlos Del Puerto, Jesús Diaz and Carlos Caro this Saturday, July 26th for the "Master Class: Inside the Cuban Rhythm Section w/ Carlos Del Puerto" event at the SFJAZZ Center in San Francisco!
Click here for more information.

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Share your UserTracks on our Forum!

An exciting new features of Band-in-a-Box 2014 is the ability to make UserTracks, which can be used just like any RealTracks!

We've created a tutorial to help you get started with UserTracks: Make a Band-in-a-Box UserTrack in under 10 minutes!

Once you've finished, feel free to share your creation on our UserTracks Forum.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Patch Update Available

Do you own Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows? Make sure to download the latest patch update 384!

Forum Stats
22448 Members
38 Forums
29456 Topics
234141 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
rich stieg, nichealmond23, René 1946, Khatru, norm van

22448 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Guitarhacker 92
dani48 90