You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#48914 - 12/12/09 02:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . .
Pianomann Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
I am looking for complete training videos for using BIAB for the Mac. Are there any videos which can be purchased - either from PGmusic or a third party?

Thanks -

#48915 - 12/17/09 08:04 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Pianomann]
bonecall Offline
Enthusiast

Considering the nature of the interface training videos for BIAB would seem to be a very obvious idea. Do they exist or are they in production?

#48916 - 12/19/09 02:38 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: bonecall]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kennesaw (Atlanta) GA
There are tutorials on the site and which come with the program. Have you investigated all of those?

Check out this new BIAB Wiki. There may not be any videos there yet, but there will be. The page is intended as a central repository for all useful information on using the program.

In the meantime, go to youtube to see what's available. There are some videos done by PG Music, others made by users.

If you're new, those should keep you busy for a while. *g*

R.

#48917 - 12/19/09 09:25 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Ryszard]
Vince Rooney Offline

These videos are available for 29.00 and come free with the UltraPack and above.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.htm

Vince

Edited by Vince Rooney (12/19/09 09:26 PM)

#48918 - 12/20/09 05:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Vince Rooney]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Um, "for the Mac" folks.

I don't think that means for me, I think that means for the MACINTOSH version...

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#48919 - 12/23/09 09:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Mac]
bonecall Offline
Enthusiast

I just talked to PG Music on the phone and they are unaware of video tutorials for the Mac. Might I suggest that a tutorial expressly for Macintosh walking us thru the steps and details in dealing with BIAB would be a BIG help.

#48920 - 12/25/09 01:15 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: bonecall]
Edward Buckley Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Guadalajara, Mexico
Yeah, what we really need is "Mac"(the guy) on "Mac" the platform!

#48921 - 12/25/09 06:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Vince Rooney]
FirstBassman Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

These videos are available for 29.00 and come free with the UltraPack and above.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.htm

I have the 2010 Ultra Pak and installed to my C: Drive.
I searched and Windows didn't find any WMV videos in my BiaB folders.

#48922 - 12/25/09 06:36 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: FirstBassman]
Mac Offline
Veteran

In the PGMusic\Programs folder of your USB drive you should have two .exe installer files, "BB Video Tutorial PAK Vol1.exe" and "BB Video Tutorial PAK Vol2.exe"

Of course, you have to run those installers to install the actual video sets on your computer. There is also an offering to install a special codec that is needed to view them, if you aren't sure if you already have that TSCC or not, just say Yes and let it install it anyway, it would just overwrite the existing one if you already have it.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#48923 - 12/25/09 11:50 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: Mac]
FirstBassman Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia

Thanks Mac. Found it.

Yup, I remember those.

They're from around BiaB Version 2, or something.

I'm sure the basic principles are the same but I'd think an update is in order.

#48924 - 12/26/09 08:54 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: NEED TRAINING VIDEOS. . . [Re: FirstBassman]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Mine has some new ones added to the beginning of it, including an overview of BB2010.

I think they've been updated.

Make no assumptions, install and take a look first.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Thank You!

Take a look at some of the recent feedback we've received from program users just like you:

"I started using Band-in-a-Box October 2016 . It's been money very well spent. I'm now nearing the finish of my first All Originals Cd. I let a local musician hear some of the songs and he was amazed at the quality. Guys it takes time and effort to learn but its worth it 100%!"
-John S.

"Amazing RealTracks I have used these on 30 or more songs! Some even used complex chords that amazed me how well the Banjo still worked. Unbelievable Software! All the backup band you will ever need no matter what your skill level!"
-Tom C.

"Like lots of others I use it all the time, putting in the chords of a tune, choosing the right style and tempo is a godsend, I'm a jazz musician and playing tunes and improvising with chords in front of you is brilliant, less than an hour ago I was playing my tenor sax along with my Band-in-a-Box backing band."
-Barrie M.

"I love Band-in-a-Box! I use it every day to practice, compose, and teach guitar lessons. Keep up the great work, PG!"
-Brian P.

"A Great business....a great program and a fantastic way to easily create your own songs....or backing tracks to play along with.....a program that everyone should get...."
-Leonard A.

"Band-in-a-Box has been one of my favorite programs since it first came out. Wonderful concept, very well executed."
-Doug S.

"Amazing Software. Use it all the time. Makes very convincing backing tracks!!!"
-Paul P.

Thank you everyone!

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Article - How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box®

Listen to the SoundCloud account for forum user Buford, and you'll see that has written and uploaded more than 20 songs!

Want to know his secret? Check out his recent blog post: How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box, which he was nice enough to share to our Songwriting Forum - Thanks Bob!

Another Great YouTube Find - Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2

Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his latest tutorial video, Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions:

Video: Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions

Another great example of how you can use your Band-in-a-Box creations in your own projects!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest has Ended - Over 50 Entries!

Thank you to everyone that submitted their entries in our Xtra Styles PAK 3 Contest!

We are listening to all the entries, and will be announcing the Winners on Monday, August 21st.

Good luck everyone!

YouTube Find - There Are No Bad Guitars

The latest video from EricBlackmonGuitar is a great demonstration of the different types of guitars out there, and how there really is no such thing as a bad guitar!

Video: Multi-Guitar Solo Review Of INEXPENSIVE GUITARS

Eric uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his tutorial videos... Just one of the many ways program users can incorporate their Band-in-a-Box songs into other projects!

Xtra Styles Song Contest - Ends August 15th!

If you've purchased your Xtra Styles PAK 3 for Band-in-a-Box® 2017, don't forget to create and submit a song usings one of these new Xtra Styles to our Xtra Styles Contest forum for your chance to WIN $150 USD coupon to use on your next PG Music Inc. product purchase!

Hurry! This contest ends at midnight on August 15th! Complete contest information and contest rules list here.

Good luck everyone!

Hip Hop - Happy 44th Anniversary!

Today we celebrate the 44th anniversary of the birth of Hip Hop!

Learn more about the history of Hip Hop, courtesy of Google: https://www.google.com/doodles/44th-anniversary-of-the-birth-of-hip-hop

Now, you may not associate Hip Hop with Band-in-a-Box, but you should!!! There are over 50 hits when you search for the Hip Hop genre in the StylePicker window, including Sets:
28: Smooth Jazz
32: Alternative Contemporary Rock
36: Rock On! (check out Dance 5 - Rock On)
46: Requested 4
47: Contemporary Country 2 (check out CC_Town)
56: Pop
62: Requested 6
65: Requested 7
71: Urban Pop MultiStyles

Hip Hop specific RealTracks are available too! Check out RealTracks Set 7: Acoustic Jazz Bass and Rock Sax! and Set 272: Rap and Hip Hop.

RealDrums Sets? Yup! Ed (Great Oz) Clare has some great Hip Hop RealDrums with RealDrums Set 16: Urban Pop, Franklin Richardson's contribution of the SmoothJazzCoolSw16^ drums in RealDrums Set 28: Smooth Jazz, and Craig Scott's drums in RealDrums Set 3: Fusion, Hip-Hop and More! are great too!

Forum Stats
26310 Members
50 Forums
47130 Topics
383653 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Tasso, fed up help, Jazzmonk, Zakkarin, scottslater

26309 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 173
VideoTrack 151