Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I would like to "assemble" two to maybe 8 midi drum loops.
Then take this assembly and repeat it to fill 134 measures.
Set the tempo and exact length(know that part).

This would then be married with UT contents and be new Drum UserTrack.
Dot the I's cross the T's and a new Wav drum set would exist.

The gray part for me is the exact timing midi loop concatenation.

Thank you in advance

Last edited by seeker; 12/20/14 02:04 PM.

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
if I understand you correctly, here is what you want to do:

use a bunch of existing loops to create a new longer loop, then use it in a user track. Correct?

RealBand
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Pat,

Apologize for not getting back sooner.

Yes you are right on.

Am aware MIDI tracks can be built within the PG world, but
had not pursued that any.

After finding out how the drums-percussion can work within the
UserTrack world was interested in this much more.

Thank you and Merry Christmas

FrankB

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
This isn't a very descriptive answer, but...

if you load your smaller drum snippets one at a time and assemble them into whatever length you want, then you should be able to highlight that section of audio and export as wav. If you just upgraded to ver 2015 you'll be asked if you want to add an acidized loop header to the snippet. Say yes.

Now you should be able to highlight the area you want filled and click GENERATE > LOOP, pick the snippet you just created.

It should do what you want.

Now if your question was really about how to CREATE the string of short loops:
(there are several ways to do this, but I know this works)

1) highlight an empty track
2) From the FILE menu, pick IMPORT, then pick one of the audio snippets you want to use
3) repeat for each of the audio snippets, putting each one on its own track

now you have each snippet where you can copy and paste it easily to a single drum track. Once you have the drum track assembled, do the procedure at the top to save it as one contiguous file.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
another way to build the longer snippet from shorter snippets is do it all on one track, and add each part by highlighting only a small portion of the track, then GENERATE > LOOP and with each iteration add a new snippet to the track.

Don't forget to hilight the whole shebang and EDIT > TRACK > CONSOLIDATE AUDIO REGION to make it unified. That would probably happen when you save the highlighted audio to single snippet anyway, but it's good habit to form anytime a section of audio is split into multiple parts.

You are a veteran, and if this explanation sounds like I'm talking to a newbie, it isn't a case of talking down to you.. rather its so any newbies who stumble onto the thread can understand the procedure.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Frank, you mentioned USER TRACKS.. are you able to generate user tracks? Several of us seem to have lost the ability to do that with the final release of 2015

RealBand
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Missed your primary question within RB I have rendered some number
of tracks. Work just fine for me...Keeping in mind, I'm using midi as source.

Pat,

Thank you for the time and extensive answer.
Time is one thing we cannot buy....

Picture or in this case audio sound better than words.

The ones I put up are VSTi generated based on midi.

This Site is new just last few days, click on UserTrack

For loop creators, it "could" be a loop hotbed source by simply loading the
wav file inside the UT folder.

You might say I've been a bit like the "Tasmanian Devil" on these.
Lot of frustrations, getting started, more to learn, but happy to
share with you folks.

Have a nice Christmas Day.

Last edited by seeker; 12/25/14 07:37 AM.

FrankB

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
For the exact concatenation part of your question..

If the tempo correctly matches the MIDI, you could use the Bars window to make sure you are selecting exactly whole measures. This is quickest easiest way.

Otherwise, during the copy/paste routine there is pop up that shows the 'From-Thru' settings. Use the arrow or double arrow here to make sure you select the whole measure or the whole beat (depending on the arrow).

The From arrows take you to the beginning of the measure or beat set in the text boxes beside it.
The Thru arrows take you to the end of the measure/beat.

Your resolution setting determines what the Tick number max would be.
At default it is set to 120, so the last tick for a beat would be 119, since 0 is the beginning..
If resolution is higher, this number will change.
Resolution setting is under Options.
The higher it is, the more ticks to a beat.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
rharv,

The precise concatenation was a concern for me.
Your explanation adds a lot to the equation.
Bars Window and From Thru are new to me.

As time permits my intention to work more in the drums
area.
Darn "Life responsibilities" interferes with the fun stuff.

Thank you.

FrankB

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Two images below.
The first shows the actual selection I made using the visual highlight method. As you can see in the Ticks column shown I have not selected the very beginning of the first measure, nor the end of the last.

The second image shows the adjusted From-Thru after clicking the two single arrows. It now shows zero in the From ticks box (the beginning) and 1919 in the Thru box (my resolution was set to 1920 on this particular piece so 1919 was the very end). The double arrows would select the whole track.

So now the From-Thru is correctly set to capture all of the desired data and can be pasted at the very beginning of the next desired measure on the desired track (again make sure to paste at measure#-1-0 in my example).
The same pop up type appears when pasting so you can determine the exact placement.

Once in the habit of using full measures or beats, MIDI becomes a piece of cake (even though my images show audio highlighted the process and concept is the same for MIDI).

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
FromThru1.jpg (33.6 KB, 43 downloads)
FromThru2.jpg (29.68 KB, 41 downloads)
Last edited by rharv; 12/25/14 07:58 AM.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Pat
I can render User Tracks here, audio and MIDI.
2015 Build2

RealBand
seeker Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
rharv,

You gave me an answer for a question that I did not ask....(Easy Man).
But fantastic data.
Pure acidized loop use was on my agenda.
This was the reason. In the 2015 RB question always comes up when
I render the single track MIDI to WAV. It was a teaser for me.

With the information you just supplied it puts me closer to taking
pieces of the UT wav file and creating single wav loops for RB and BIAB.
In this case music loops.

The midi render to wav creates the 134 bar foddor for the UT engine
to feed on. This render is 99.9% hi quality. Of course based on
the VSTi sound quality.

One door to knowledge opens so many others.

Its hard to ask a precise question, sometimes.
My original intent was to concatenate 134 midi bars into nice percussion
piece.
Then render into a wav file for the UT engine to play.

You folks have done a lot of work with drums.
IMHO do view the ability to create UserTrack as drum source
as a plus.
What drove this was the Drum-Percussion tracks I've put up.

Some of them are 4-6 or 8 measures, but some amount of repetition.
Improvements on this would be the concatenation route...maybe.
Build several 4-10 or 12 midi loops into one, then assemble them
into the 134 bar piece.

Also I currently have a lot of percussion midi loops, and of course Uncle Google can find many more...

Anyway, life duties call, will be back later.

FrankB

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv
Pat
I can render User Tracks here, audio and MIDI.
2015 Build2

hmmm...
interesting. It worked for me previously, so I don't think the computer has anything to do with it.

I completely reinstalled from hard drive then applied the latest patches, and it still doesn't work. It's as though when I select a user track, it isn't copying the selection to a memory buffer. (so there's nothing to apply)

If I have previously selected and generated a loop, then try to select and generate a user track, the last loop I selected is what gets generated. No matter how many times I pick a different user track, the same loop remains in the buffer and keeps getting applied to the track.

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Hey Pat, If someone kicks me after jumping thru a hoop i just bite him!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robh
Hey Pat, If someone kicks me after jumping thru a hoop i just bite him!

that might be the only correct response.
;-)

Robh, are you still unable to generate user tracks?

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Yes, they are not working here. I will take another run at them Saturday

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,740
Posts736,761
Members38,561
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Nethan Paul, LesNewzealand, CCCreator, Juha, davyowdoo
38,560 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 196