Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#275750 - 12/20/14 04:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] JBridge not working for me - resolved
Sonny Ray Offline
Enthusiast

Installed JBridge. It resides in my Programs Folder. I watched the video. I tried to install a 64bit VST Nectar2 plugin in both BIAB and RB but I still get the same "won't work" message as before, that is, pre-2015 BB/RB. I'm not sure how to proceed or troubleshoot.

Should the JBridge program folder be in the BB Folder? Should I delete and reinstall - how do I do reinstall? (So many questions!)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Win7Pro / 8GB RAM / 1.3G Hard Drive / BIAB/RB EverythingPK /

[reply by Peter Gannon/PG Music]: Hi Sonny Ray: Please see my detailed reply at the bottom of this thread. In our testing, the 64 bit plugin that you mentioned works fine in Band-in-a-Box 2015 with jbridge. The plugin to use is "iZotope Nectar 2.dll" (this works in Band-in-a-Box 2015, including 64 bit and 32 bit ). The issue likely arose because you chose a different plugin name, that is iZNectar2.dll which is a "VST 3" and not a VST plugin. But please try it with "iZotope Nectar 2.dll" and it should work fine. Peter Gannon

#275753 - 12/20/14 05:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Sonny Ray]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Sonny,

Did you get JBridge from PG Music? If not, what version do you have?

Regards,
Noel

#275756 - 12/20/14 05:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Sonny Ray]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

A wont work message likely means that you don't have the current version of jbridge. Try the menu help,show log of yellow messages. That should record the exact message, which usually says more Info,

#275846 - 12/21/14 12:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Sonny Ray]
Sonny Ray Offline
Enthusiast

Hi,

Noel: Yes, I purchased my JBridge from BB: Version 1.7b3

Peter: I don't understand the last part of you message: "Try the menu help,show log of yellow messages. That should record the exact message, which usually says more Info" I've gone to help and I've looked at the activity log but I can't access any message pertaining to my attempts to access a 64bit plugin.

I read the a later posting similar to mine about the same problem and followed the link to jBridge. I've followed their set up instructions but still am getting the same result: RB won't recognize the 64bit version of Nectar2 (it still recognizes the 32bit format) or any other 64bit plug on my computer.

Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for your help,
SonnyRay

#275851 - 12/21/14 12:14 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Sonny Ray]
Sonny Ray Offline
Enthusiast

I don't know if this makes any difference to the above: I just clicked on the JBridge icon and noticed at the top of the box this info: "jBridger Tool V1.25 (jBridge V1.7b3)" This seems intentionally confusing about which version is actually operating?

SonnyRay

#275915 - 12/21/14 06:59 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Sonny Ray]
Larry Kehl Offline
Expert

Loc: New Mexico
If you don't mind my asking and purely out of curiosity, since I don't have Nectar 2 I can't check, but in the folder:

"C:\Program Files\VST" (the 64 bit folder) or WHEREVER you told iZotope installer to install 64 bit Nectar 2:

How many, and what are the names of, each .dll that contain the word "Nectar" are there?

Larry
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#275934 - 12/21/14 09:45 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Larry Kehl]
Sonny Ray Offline
Enthusiast

Hi,
There's several plugins that come with Nectar2. This is how they're noted:

iznectar2.dll
iznectar2BreathControl.dll
iznectar2PitchEditor.dll

When I bought the plugin I downloaded both the 32 & 64bit versions.

I can used the 32bit versions with BB/RB, but I'm trying to get JBridge to work with the 64bit versions, and it ain't working.

Does anyone at PG think I should reinstall JBridge?

Thanks for your help,
SonnyRay

#275942 - 12/22/14 12:17 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Sonny Ray]
fiddler2007 Offline
Journeyman

JBridge; if you want to use a 64bit plugin: run jbridger, select the source 64bit plugin dll, and install the newly created 32 bit version through jbridger in folder or location where you want BIAB to find it using BIAB's add VST function. Might be handy to create the new 32bit one with *.32.dll extension. If the converted vst plug works partly , thus only if it's GUI shows but it will not run and gives you error messages, you have some options for specific corrections if you click on settings below the plugin it self. -F

#275972 - 12/22/14 05:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: fiddler2007]
Larry Kehl Offline
Expert

Loc: New Mexico
That is NOT required anymore - BIAB/RB recognizes JBridge natively, for lack of a better description.

Install BIAB, Install the v1.73 JBridge - then simply load your 64 bit plugin like it was a 32 bit upon - no extra steps.

That's how its working for my 64 bit plug ins like ST 3, Kontact 5, etc.

The reason I asked about the actual .dll names is that because that is all you have to pick them in the VSTi plugin pull down in BIAB/RB and not all .dlls are the actual VST/VSTi . And i know from a few "wrong picks" on my part it will crash JBridge - AND one was nectar elements it has two .dlls and only ONE is the correct actual application

Edited by Larry Kehl (12/22/14 05:39 AM)
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#275990 - 12/22/14 07:02 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Larry Kehl]
Valentino Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Larry and everyone,

Unfortunately I also have problems using jBridge with BIAB 2015 myself.
I bought jBridge with my BIAB 2015 upgrade.

When I launch BIAB 2015 and try to load a 64 bits VST plugin I get a message that 64 bits plugins can only be used with jBridge and that I should order it! So BIAB obviously doesnt notice the presence of jBridge on my PC. After the first message an appcrash message follows for Auxhost.exe.

When I start jBridger and follow the steps for 32 bits host I get en error message 'No valid files found' as soon as I point to a preferred folder for the jBridge adapter files. I have tried numerous times to uninstall/reinstall jBridge with and without virusscanner activated but it doesnt work.

#275998 - 12/22/14 08:58 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Valentino]
GHinCH Offline
Expert

Loc: Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
I don't have this problem. I ran the installation of BIAB, and a day later -- because "J" took about a day to send my file -- I did install Jbridge without any changes to the install routine.

It works for me. Caveat: so far I only used SampleTank 3.

#276008 - 12/22/14 10:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Sonny Ray]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

[Sonny Ray] >> There's several plugins that come with Nectar2. This is how they're noted:
iznectar2.dll

Hi Sonny Ray,

We tested Band-in-a-Box 2015 with Izotope's Nectar 2, and it's working fine for us with Band-in-a-Box 2015 with jbridge. That's both the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version.

Note that the name of the DLL to use for the 64 bit version is iZotope Nectar 2.dll (not iznectar2.dll as you noted above).
The Nectar Plugins come in various plugin types, including
"VST" : iZotope Nectar 2.dll (this works in Band-in-a-Box 2015, including 64 bit and 32 bit )
and "VST 3" : iznectar2.dll (this is a 'VST 3' format plugin, so not supported at all in Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box supports VST plugins, but not "VST 3" plugins. Most companies making VST 3' also make a VST version (as Nectar does). You can read about other software users (like Reaper) discussions about VST 3 here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=118616

#276012 - 12/22/14 10:17 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Sonny Ray]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

[valentino] >> When I launch BIAB 2015 and try to load a 64 bits VST plugin I get a message that 64 bits plugins

This is likely the same issue that Sonny Ray reported. You are likely choosing the 'VST 3' version of your plugin instead of the 'VST' version. Band-in-a-Box has never supported 'VST 3' plugin format, and but we do support the more common VST standard plugins.

The message we issue is currently that it isn't a valid VST plugin, which we will elaborate on in future patches of Band-in_A_Box to tell the user if its a 'VST 3' plugin or not.

Please note that this issue isn't related to 64 bit or 32 bit, and if BiaB was a native 64 bit app, it still wouldn't support 'VST 3' plugins.

#276042 - 12/22/14 01:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: PeterGannon]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
[Sonny Ray] >> There's several plugins that come with Nectar2. This is how they're noted:
iznectar2.dll

Hi Sonny Ray,

We tested Band-in-a-Box 2015 with Izotope's Nectar 2, and it's working fine for us with Band-in-a-Box 2015 with jbridge. That's both the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version.

Note that the name of the DLL to use for the 64 bit version is iZotope Nectar 2.dll (not iznectar2.dll as you noted above).
The Nectar Plugins come in various plugin types, including
"VST" : iZotope Nectar 2.dll (this works in Band-in-a-Box 2015, including 64 bit and 32 bit )
and "VST 3" : iznectar2.dll (this is a 'VST 3' format plugin, so not supported at all in Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box supports VST plugins, but not "VST 3" plugins. Most companies making VST 3' also make a VST version (as Nectar does). You can read about other software users (like Reaper) discussions about VST 3 here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=118616

Hey Peter,

Any plans to support VST 3 or higher (3.0 came out in 2008 and 3.5 in 2011)? Any way for us to know which one we should load in BIAB? I see you identified the one for Nectar and I assume other Izotope products are similar but what about other VSTs? Any quick way for us to know in advance whether they will work in BIAB?

Thanks.

Edited by JohnJohnJohn (12/22/14 01:38 PM)

#276051 - 12/22/14 02:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: JBridge not working for me [Re: Sonny Ray]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

With future versions of Band-in-a-Box, there will be an error message with the version number explained. Keep in mind that VST 3 isn't just a version change, it's a different plugin system.

>>> Any plans to support VST 3 or higher (3.0 came out in 2008 and 3.5 in 2011)?

No. Here's an KVR forum poll and article on the issue, and we seem to be with the majority in sticking with VST2. As the dicussion states, most hosts (Ableton etc.) don't support VST 3, and everyone supports VST 2.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5937353

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IYMMZVvQdCw

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community :blush:

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 49 Requests Fulfilled!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows boasts more than 50 new features... and a lot of the new features fill the requests posted by program users!

Some of these include:

Q. I am learning guitar. The RealTracks are very helpful in that I can hear great guitar players, and most of the tracks have tab and notation as well. But there is much more to guitar, could you include some videos of some of the RealTracks Artists? Because I would learn much more from seeing a guitarist than just hearing them.

A. We have a major new feature called "Video RealTracks." These work and sound like RealTracks, but you get to see a video of the Guitarist (or whatever instrument) playing as well. The amazing thing is that this works with any chord progression you type in. So, if you want to learn to play like the great guitarist Brent Mason, for example, you can type in chords to any progression you are interested in, and then hear and see a video of Brent soloing over your progression. Now you can learn much quicker, as it helps to see how a musician is performing, as well as to hear.

Q. I love the Audio Chord Wizard, as it figures out chords from mp3 and other audio files. But it is a separate program from Band-in-a-Box, and I can’t go back and forth to change things easily.

A. We've solved that, as BiaB 2018 has integrated the Audio Chord Wizard directly into Band-in-a-Box. Now load an audio file into BiaB, open the Audio Edit Window – Audio Chord Wizard mode, and let it automatically figure out the bar lines and chords for the song.

Q. I like to save songs as MP3 files, and can't do this with BiaB, except a very low quality one, 64kbps.

A. We've improved this, by adding support for Windows Media Foundation. This allows you to save MP3 in your choice of resolutions, up to very high 320mpbs. Better still, it works on current versions of Windows (Windows 7,8,10) and also on older versions too (Vista, XP).

We've answered 49 questions - review all of these answers on our forum post "49 of your Problems solved? List of 49 Requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box 2018" here.

All of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows can be reviewed at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

RealBand® 2018 for Windows Build 3 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 users can update their version with the latest patch, Build 3. Download this patch here

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 3:

Added: Section Numbers supported. All section letter menus now include numbers 1 through 9 in addition to letters A through Z.
Fixed: Section letters in Notation Window were not being resized if the notation was zoomed in/out
Fixed: RealBand might freeze when generating audio harmonies
Fixed: Loading in a BB song (MGU/SGU) or generating realtracks could freeze up the program.
Fixed: Chords in Notation/LeadSheet on 1st beat of a bar were being drawn too close to bar lines.
Fixed: Support for XP and Vista.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_3

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 505 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can update their version with the latest patch - Build 505.

This patch can be downloaded here.

Summary of changes for Build 505:

Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
Updated: Help file and manuals.
Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#505

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows... Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.
TIP: If you load one of the video RealTracks bands, you will have video RealTracks on 5 tracks, and you can make a video of 1-5 musicians!

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows packages during our December special.
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Holiday Special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: Video link - "Video RealTracks Sets 1-6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows"

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)! Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=qDFYZMjrzAI

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade, on sale until December 31st!

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 4 - Available for both Windows and Mac!

We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 4 with over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles! These new RealStyles will work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition.

To add to the excitement of this release, we're putting all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Forum Stats
26698 Members
50 Forums
48833 Topics
399149 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
huronbard, Rasmus, Phil Taylor, Poppins, Mannnolo

26697 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 378
VideoTrack 350