Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Until this version of Sonar (2015 - Platinum) I NEVER bothered to install the 64 bit version - only the 32 bit version. And as an FYI TTS-1 is installed with the SONAR install, it is not installed with any of the other installers (e.g., Artist Instrument Collection, Studio Instrument Collection, Platinum Instrument Collection) that's why all the convolutions below.

As most of you already know, or have found out, the 64 bit Sonar install, installs a 64 bit version of the TTS-1 DXi. TTS-1 it is NOT a VSTi, so usual tricks don't work, like simply copying the 32 bit .dll to another location and using it directly from there along side the 64 bit version in "original location" after new installation.

OK with that said and if you REALLY, REALLY want 64 bit Sonar and BUT really want to KEEP 32 bit TTS-1 for BIAB, RB, PT, which CANNOT use the 64 bit TTS-1 DXi (JBridge is only good for VSTi's NOT DXi's) then read on, it's relatively easy.

HOWEVER, you will NOT be able to use TTS-1 at same time in both PG apps(BIAB, RB, PT) AND 64 bit Sonar. You can still use TTS-1 in 64 bit Sonar just not at same time as BIAB/RB/PT - it will require a file rename (then a re-rename for BIAB, then a Re-re-rename for Sonar again, and so on)

This may be more pain than it's worth depending on WHICH version of Sonar you have (2015, X3, X2, ..Pro 8.5) so you do this at own risk of screwing up a Sonar install (I HAVE done multiple times with 2015 Platinum - but DID not try it with the convoluted 8/8.5 update or X1-X3 versions) .

1. Install the 32 bit version of Sonar (gives you 32 bit .dll)

2. Find the Cakewalk shared DXi folder, which is where TTS-1 was installed (in my case D:\Music\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\TTS-1)

3. RENAME that directory to something like "..\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\TTS-1 32 bit"

4. REINSTALL you 64 bit Sonar (gives you the 64 bit .dll)

5. AGAIN, find the new Cakewalk shared DXi folder, which is where "new" TTS-1 was installed (again in my case D:\Music\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\TTS-1) Note, this time that TTS-1 folder holds a 64 bit .dll -
everything else is the SAME)

6. (this is for SAFETYs sake so you don’t; have to do this again: COPY, don't rename, that directory to something like "..\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\TTS-1 64 bit"

7. Now you have 3 sub directories in the Shared DXi folder:

"..\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\TTS-1" (right now it holds the 64 bit dll)
"..\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\TTS-1 32 bit" and
"..\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\TTS-1 64 bit"

8. Note, the 32 bit TTS-1 dll is slightly SMALLER than the 64 bit versions in my case
the 32 bit TTS-1.dll is 5,887 KB and the 64 bit TTS-1.dll is 5,973 KBs (obviously just the difference of a wrapper around the actual 32 bit version).

9. Now within the current " ..\Shared DXi\TTS-1" folder (remember it's currently set for 64 bit) I

a. renamed the current (5,793 KB) .dll to "TTS-1 64 bit.dll"

b. Copied in the 32 bit TTS-1.dll (the 5,887 KB) from my "..\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\TTS-1 32 bit" folder

c. Finally I ALSO made second copy of the 32 bit dll and called it, you guessed it, "TTS-1 32 bit.dll"

Without any other changes, BIAB, RB and PT can now use the TTS-1 (the 32 bit DXi), you have 64 bit Sonar but the 64 BIT SONAR cannot use TTS-1 (yet).

If you really need the 64 bit TTS-1 in Sonar just copy the "TTS-1 64 bit.dll" to "TTS-1.dll"

But now BIAB, RB, PT can’t use it - so back and forth you go.

As to all those Sonar installs -re installs again - you are on your own and at your own risk to make sure you install everything LIKE it was before you started this (same paths, same shares, etc.).

Too bad TTS-1 wasn't simply in one of the instrument installs.

Good Luck
Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 02/01/15 12:35 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Hi Larry,

Just came across your post. Since I'm probably going to upgrade to the latest Sonar, and I do currently use the 32bit TTS-1 in BB, it's of interest to me.

Just curious, did you (or anyone?) try registering the (renamed) 32-bit copy?

I'm guessing if we do that, then we could avoid the switcheroo you mention below. The idea would be to let the Sonar upgrade register the 64 bit, then manually register the saved & renamed 32 bit (using regsvr32.exe). Presumably, we could then point Sonar and BB to their respective versions. No later manipulation would be needed, and each program could load its TTS-1 while the other is open.

-Ron

Caution: Instructions for using RegSvr are readily online, but I don't recommend fiddling with the Windows registry to anyone uncomfortable doing so.

Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
9. Now within the current " ..\Shared DXi\TTS-1" folder (remember it's currently set for 64 bit) I

a. renamed the current (5,793 KB) .dll to "TTS-1 64 bit.dll"

b. Copied in the 32 bit TTS-1.dll (the 5,887 KB) from my "..\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\TTS-1 32 bit" folder

c. Finally I ALSO made second copy of the 32 bit dll and called it, you guessed it, "TTS-1 32 bit.dll"

Without any other changes, BIAB, RB and PT can now use the TTS-1 (the 32 bit DXi), you have 64 bit Sonar but the 64 BIT SONAR cannot use TTS-1 (yet).

If you really need the 64 bit TTS-1 in Sonar just copy the "TTS-1 64 bit.dll" to "TTS-1.dll"

But now BIAB, RB, PT can’t use it - so back and forth you go.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Haven't tried that - might mess with it later.

I have no qualms digging into bowels of the registry - only way I can get 99% of DAW and other music SW off m C drive. Especially Cakewalk SW which puts 2-3 copies of SAME thing in multiple locations on C drive under the guise of "it's a Win Vista, 7, 8 requirement" (No IT IS NOT).

I didn't try that because
1) didn't think of it, and

2) not sure it will work anyway - DX items, unlike VST items, have multiple cross referenced locations in registry and each DX has an assigned, unique, KEY identifier.

But I'm no DirectX Expert so again I will give it a go later when back at PC

ON phone now

If that works there are some OTHER Sonar provided DXs (older but usable) that act same way (if last sonar apps install was 32 bit PG can use, if 64 bit was last install PG can't access)

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
As a noob BiaB user but an experienced SONAR user, I just wanted to note for the benefit of posterity that this does not have to be so difficult.

Unless you specify a custom path, SONAR installers have always laid down the 32-bit application in C:\Program Files (x86), completely separate from the 64-bit installation in C:\Program Files. And the DLLs for the two flavors will be registered independently from the two paths.

So if you have both flavors of SONAR installed to default paths, all you have to do is point* BiaB to the DLL in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Shared DXi\, and Bob's your uncle.

If you don't yet have SONAR x86 installed because you're normally running the x64 version, you can install just the 32-bit TTS-1 - and any other 32-bit plugins you want to use in BiaB - by choosing the Custom installation option and unchecking everything but the desired plugins. (If using Command Center to install, you'll need to enable 'Verbose' installation in Settings to get the Custom option).

* (For the benefit of noobs like myself, DX plugins not present at the time BiaB was installed can be scanned and/or registered with BiaB via the Options button in the 'VST/DX Synths/Plugins' dialog accessed via Preferences or from the Plugins tab in the Mixer window. This is the main piece of the puzzle I was missing).

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,635
Posts735,280
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181