You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#304906 - 08/01/15 10:38 AM [User Showcase] Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition
DavidL Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Gatineau, QC, Canada
When you're feeling nervous about an upcoming significant event (an exam, a job interview, a presentation, a tournament, a recital, a first date, etc.) for which you can't prepare yourself any more than you already have, you have reached a point where all you can do is hope for the best!

Since my composition method is somewhat experimental, "Hoping For The Best" is also my motto when I start working on a new piece. smile

https://soundcloud.com/david-laprise/hoping-for-the-best-1

Title: Hoping for the Best
Key=D , Tempo 107, Length (m:s)=3:59
8 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 40. Repeat x3 choruses

All tracks are from BIAB:
RealTracks in song:
2421:Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySlapBoomChicka Ev16 100
~1652:Organ, RhythmNoBass Bossa Ev 085
2111:Sax, Baritone, Background, R&B Ev16 110 (1TrackHornSection)
1410:Piano, SynthLayer, Rhythm Soul70sA-B Ev16 100
1070:Trumpet, Soloist SmoothJazzPoppy Ev16 090
STYs in song:
~OTISRED.STY (drum part) plays Ableton Drum Machines LD samples
MARIAH1.STY (piano part) plays NI Kontakt Clavinet samples

Everything was mixed in Ableton Live! with a Room reverb on the send/return bus.
BIAB 2018 Mac EverythingPak, AudioFire 8, iMac Pro, MacOS 10.13.6, Ableton Live! Suite 10, Lexicon Native PCM Reverb and Effects, Slate Digital VirtualMixRack, Soundtoys 5, iZotope Neutron, Ozone and RX

#304916 - 08/01/15 12:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition [Re: DavidL]
Greg Johnson Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Good energy and cool groove!! Some unusual instrument choices but I feel like the all worked together quite well. Fun listen! Take care. Greg

#304949 - 08/01/15 02:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition [Re: DavidL]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
This one jumps out of the gate like a Derby horse; nice groove; thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#304966 - 08/01/15 03:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition [Re: DavidL]
big741 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Edmonton,Canada
Well, that was a fun little piece.

I especially liked the Clavinet.

Thanks for the music,
Dan

#304972 - 08/01/15 03:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition [Re: DavidL]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy
Hello,

I like the various instruments mix.
Good work.

Hello.

Sergio

#305033 - 08/02/15 06:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition [Re: DavidL]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi David,

a fun experiment.
Enjoyed listening.

Guenter

#305051 - 08/02/15 07:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition [Re: DavidL]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Wow that clavinet is smokin. Very interesting mix of instruments. I like the break at 2:05. Nicely done. Tom

#305078 - 08/02/15 11:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition [Re: DavidL]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A very interesting piece, David.

The combination of instruments kept my attention throughout.

floyd

#305127 - 08/02/15 06:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition [Re: DavidL]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I enjoyed this a lot. Very creative.

Charlie

#307978 - 08/22/15 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition [Re: DavidL]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Put a smile on my face smile I'm totally surprised how well the rockabilly acoustic bass matches the feel of the other instruments. Great arrangement. Hope you'll do some more songs, should be interesting listening.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#307982 - 08/22/15 05:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hoping For The Best <-- New instrumental composition [Re: DavidL]
mwgilbert Offline
Enthusiast

You showed how a little experiment, pushing the envelope a bit, can really make something interesting happen. I think this track is pretty cool, and bounces along with a little bit of New Orleans style in there. I would love to hear more of your 'experimental' approach!

-MWG

http://www.mwgilbert.com

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28080 Members
57 Forums
54446 Topics
450213 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
collcoll, Vocaloidgirl9980, wumaimsd, boxx.dk, Boto

28080 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 178
David Snyder 143