You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#108441 - 03/13/11 01:27 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Quarter note triplets
Bruce B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Durban South Africa
Can anyone please tell me how to get BIAB/RealBand to play quarter note triplets? I can get it to do fairly close to what I want in most ways, and I'm sure I'm not the only musician who uses them I’ve searched the manual and the forums and am frankly surprised it hasn’t come up before. I'm sure there is a way, as if there isn't it's a glaring omission.

#108442 - 03/13/11 06:45 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Quarter note triplets [Re: Bruce B]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Bruce,

This has been discussed many times before in the Band In A Box (Windows) forum.

If you want 1/4 note triplets to play properly, the best way that I have found to do it is via the Piano Roll editor. Note entry via this window has "Snap" and "Dur(ation)" controls that, when working in tandem, give perfect triplets. (Whether these notes display properly on the lead sheet, though, is another thing and depends on other settings. Even if they don't look correct on screen in Editable Notation mode, they will play correctly when set in the Piano Roll mode.)

Regards,
Noel

#108443 - 03/13/11 01:09 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Quarter note triplets [Re: Noel96]
allis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Are you also trying the Editable Notation mode? The lines there represent an eighth-note triplet duration when set for Triplets. Two lines (unsurprisingly) fetch a quarter triplet. In that mode, triplets snap onto the time line automatically without setting anything, and durations self-adjust. You see the final appearance of notation without shifting views.

It's important to remember that BiaB will simply refuse to write triplets in some circumstances, due to ancient, ignored bugs. For example, the program utterly botches triplets spanning the second and third beats of a 4-4 bar. It won't hear of that and goes all brain-damaged. Don't be shocked.

#108444 - 03/21/11 06:39 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Quarter note triplets [Re: allis]
Bruce B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Durban South Africa
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Sorry not to be clear, I meant triplets in the BAND. Inmho triplets should be available in the Chord Settings window. I was also a little miffed that I can't get eighth notes (obviously in slow tunes)! I've been making tracks of Steve Tyrell arrangements, and these 2 points have caused some compromise. Not to take anything away from a great and unique program that gets me pretty darn close to where I want to be, I just think these are obvious enhancements that could make BIAB any arrangers dream for rhythm section mock-ups.

#108445 - 03/21/11 07:20 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Quarter note triplets [Re: Bruce B]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Bruce,

Sounds like this is better placed in the "Band In A Box Wishlist" rather than "Tips and Tricks".

Regards,
Noel

PG Music News
202 New RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Audio Demos!

We've added 202 new RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Mac - that's double the 101 that we've typically released in the past!

202 REALTRACKS in 24 sets:
-- Country, Folk and World - 10 sets, 59 RTs
-- Jazz, Funk and Blues - 6 sets, 63 RTs
-- Rock and Pop - 8 sets, 79 RTs

...and 24 BONUS REALTRACKS are also available! www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2017.htm

The 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box 2017 are included in the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, Audiophile Edition, and PlusPAK upgrade purchase options. Visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm to pick the right purchase for you.

Want the additional 24 BONUS RealTracks? Those are available when you add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Mac purchase! To learn more about the 49-PAK, visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2017.htm.
The 49-PAK can be added to your order within the shopping cart.

For a detailed list of the new RealTracks and to listen to demos, click here.

Ordering is Easy! Special Frequently Asked Questions

If you've ever asked yourself questions like:
How can I order Band-in-a-Box?
How is the program delivered?
Can I have my previous purchases shipped to me?
...etc.

We have the perfect forum post for you! Click here to read through and find your answer!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Contact us directly and we'll be happy to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac is here with over 80 NEW features and enhancements, 202 NEW RealTracks, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, 24 available "Bonus" RealTracks (until May 31st), and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac has over 80 exciting new features and enhancements! The main screen GUI has been redesigned with many requested improvements, including a new, smaller footprint, configurable toolbars, and more. RealTracks sound better than ever with improved stretching and transposition quality (Elastique 3), better phrase transitions, and Natural Arrangements. We have added new "Woodshedding" RealTracks called 12-Key Guitar RealTracks from Brent Mason played in 12 keys with Hi-Q (precise) Tab/Notation which is ideal for studying and learning. There are many RealDrums enhancements including Half/Double/Triple time, Multiple Drum/Percussion/Loops on one drum track, and more. There is a dedicated Song Titles Browser with metadata info on over 8,000 popular songs. UserTracks enhancements include Half/Double/Triple time, rests, 3/4 waltz support, and more. We've added a new VST Synthesizer (sforzando SFZ Synth) with support for the popular .SFZ sound format, as well as PG Music’s Hi-Q sounds... ...and more!

Plus, Until May 31st, 2017, SAVE on most upgrade packages and receive a Free Bonus PAK of Add-ons that includes 4 MIDI SuperTracks & 4 Instrumental Studies! Or upgrade to the 49-PAK and get ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 30 MIDI SuperTracks, 18 Instrumental Studies, and 59 re-discovered RealStyles & MIDI SuperTracks! Learn More...

To find the Upgrade package right for you, visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Watch the new features video...

User Trick - Add a Little Color Back to GUI

Our Forum is a great place to be! We have many rooms to post to, including the Tips & Tricks for sharing (and reading) technical tips and tricks related to our software!

Like the recent post by Pipeline, which shares his trick for adjusting the colors within the Band-in-a-Box® for Windows GUI: Click here to read the Forum post: Add a little Color Back To GUI.

Thanks Pipeline - it looks GREAT!

Have a tip of your own to share? Click here to create your forum account and join the conversation!

The Final WINNER In Our Band-in-a-Box® Giveaway is...

Our Band-in-a-Box® Giveaway was an exciting addition to the last few weeks! Our final winner is William D. - CONGRATULATIONS!

To summarize, from March 20 - April 17 we were giving away one Band-in-a-Box® EverythingPAK each week... 3 winners in all!
Week 1: Doug S.
Week 2: Mike
Week 3: William D.

We hope that they all enjoy getting started with Band-in-a-Box®!

PowerTracks Pro Audio - User Song!

Forum user rharv shared a song created within PowerTracks Pro Audio to our PowerTracks forum - be sure to listen! Click here to download this song.

Artists Notes: Recorded in PT a few years back.
Things of note I remember:
guitars/vocals/mandolin by Jeff Solvig, who came here from Chicago to lay his tracks (to a click)
Weeks later I brought Tim Dubay in to play drums. He listened to it 2 times and said "OK I'm ready".
Then played some very nice drums.

I just recorded everything and did bass and strings.

/I intentionally left extraneous talking, squeaks, etc .. thought it added something
//been digging thru old stuff lately between recording sessions, this one was fun to find

The Latest Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows Review

"For the music student, music educator, and for the passionate musician, this is definitely a program you'll want..."
Steve Lubetkin - Jewish Community Voice

Click here to read the recently published Band-in-a-Box® review, written by Steve Lubetkin (a computer columnist for the Jewish Community Voice of Southern New Jersey).

Forum Stats
25908 Members
49 Forums
45227 Topics
367567 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
ColinL, Christianspotify, Mireia Violin, Daniel Roth, Shadley

25907 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 349
VideoTrack 211