You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#108441 - 03/13/11 01:27 AM Quarter note triplets
Bruce B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Durban South Africa
Can anyone please tell me how to get BIAB/RealBand to play quarter note triplets? I can get it to do fairly close to what I want in most ways, and I'm sure I'm not the only musician who uses them I’ve searched the manual and the forums and am frankly surprised it hasn’t come up before. I'm sure there is a way, as if there isn't it's a glaring omission.

#108442 - 03/13/11 06:45 AM Re: Quarter note triplets [Re: Bruce B]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Bruce,

This has been discussed many times before in the Band In A Box (Windows) forum.

If you want 1/4 note triplets to play properly, the best way that I have found to do it is via the Piano Roll editor. Note entry via this window has "Snap" and "Dur(ation)" controls that, when working in tandem, give perfect triplets. (Whether these notes display properly on the lead sheet, though, is another thing and depends on other settings. Even if they don't look correct on screen in Editable Notation mode, they will play correctly when set in the Piano Roll mode.)

Regards,
Noel

#108443 - 03/13/11 01:09 PM Re: Quarter note triplets [Re: Noel96]
allis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Are you also trying the Editable Notation mode? The lines there represent an eighth-note triplet duration when set for Triplets. Two lines (unsurprisingly) fetch a quarter triplet. In that mode, triplets snap onto the time line automatically without setting anything, and durations self-adjust. You see the final appearance of notation without shifting views.

It's important to remember that BiaB will simply refuse to write triplets in some circumstances, due to ancient, ignored bugs. For example, the program utterly botches triplets spanning the second and third beats of a 4-4 bar. It won't hear of that and goes all brain-damaged. Don't be shocked.

#108444 - 03/21/11 06:39 AM Re: Quarter note triplets [Re: allis]
Bruce B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Durban South Africa
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Sorry not to be clear, I meant triplets in the BAND. Inmho triplets should be available in the Chord Settings window. I was also a little miffed that I can't get eighth notes (obviously in slow tunes)! I've been making tracks of Steve Tyrell arrangements, and these 2 points have caused some compromise. Not to take anything away from a great and unique program that gets me pretty darn close to where I want to be, I just think these are obvious enhancements that could make BIAB any arrangers dream for rhythm section mock-ups.

#108445 - 03/21/11 07:20 AM Re: Quarter note triplets [Re: Bruce B]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Bruce,

Sounds like this is better placed in the "Band In A Box Wishlist" rather than "Tips and Tricks".

Regards,
Noel

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 for Windows Build 417 Patch Update

Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 for Windows Build 417 Update is now available for download.

UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box

There are a number of new Band-in-a-Box UserTracks available for piano, guitar and more on the UserTracks Forum. UserTracks are like RealTracks, but they have been created by other people.

You can create your own UserTracks too. To help get you started there are step-by-step instructions, UserTracks templates and a video available here.

Musikmesse 2015 Wrap-up.

Musikmesse is over and Tobin and Charlie are back from Frankfurt. They had a great time meeting everyone and listening to the different ways people use Band-in-a-Box. Thanks to everyone who stopped by the M3C Systemtechnik GmbH booth at Musikmesse 2015!

PG Music at Musikmesse - Day 3

PG Music had another great day at Musikmesse!

There is still one more day to drop by the M3C Systemtechnik GmbH booth (Hall 5.1, Stand A 50) to meet with PG Music's own Tobin & Charlie. They will be demoing the ‪Band-in-a-Box 2015 version throughout the day along with Wolfgang Wierzyk.

Band-in-a-Box Demos at Musikmesse - Day 2

Band-in-a-Box demonstrations are being held throughout the day at the M3C Systemtechnik GmbH booth located in Hall 5.1, Stand A 50 ‪Musikmesse 2015‬ starting at 10:00am.

RealBand Version 2015 Build 8 Update

RealBand Version 2015 Build 8 Update is now available for download.

RealTracks Update Patch for Band-in-a-Box Windows Versions 2014 & 2015

RealTracks Update Patch for Band-in-a-Box Windows Versions 2014 & 2015 Update is now available for download.

Forum Stats
22994 Members
37 Forums
33389 Topics
267159 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
Marylander, FJM, mecsenaiv, Mitchells, danielt

22993 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
seeker 145
VideoTrack 144